Official February 20, 2013 Playstation event

KZ looks like crap. UE4 looked so much better and level they showed was actually made by programmers. Goes to show how generic KZ is...

Despite the huge scale of the environment, the interactive parts still look like a heavily restricted tunnel...

Damn Sony is doing everything MS did last time. Great GPU, better memory design, elegant desing, real time demos etc.

Is this something like Horizon?

This is basically a first gen PS4 game, early in its development, so don't expect too much. They've probably just ported the KZ3 engine, removed some of the limitations like lack of true HDR, and the artists had increased poly and texture budgets to play with.

This is basically a first gen PS4 game, early in its development, so don't expect too much. They've probably just ported the KZ3 engine, removed some of the limitations like lack of true HDR, and the artists had increased poly and texture budgets to play with.
Yea, and there is no motion blur. I guess no SPUs =/= no MB :p

I don't pay full attention, have we seen the hardware itself yet?

Nice poly counts on those cars BTW.
Edit: I can see edges in the close ups though :) probably no tessellation and such.

Also, there still are some lighting/shading/shadow glitches, light getting into places it should not and so on. Guess it'll take realtime engines a little while longer to fix that.

Back