Official February 20, 2013 Playstation event

Did I hear that right? Basically instant demos?
How in the world are they going to upload live in game video over the upload speeds around right now?

Streamed/cloud gaming by the sound of it. They aren't the first to do it (OnLive allows instant streamed demo's already on the PC) but it's a great inclusion for a console.

I'm definitely impressed with that one. Especially combined with the partial download to start played the full fat version. Should make trying games and then playing the full version pretty seamless.

Glad to see that they're putting Gakai to use to serve stuff out from PS4, and not just for backwards compatibility games in the cloud.

Wowsers.

I am shocked by 8GB of ddr5 memory. Just goes to show that Microsoft could do this if they wanted but are being too cheap. :-/

The Wii U controller thing is sort of implemented for both systems too - PS4 will have remote play via Vita and a small touchpad on the controller, MS already has Smartglass... If there's anyone looking bad now, it's Nintendo.

Where are the games, though?

The comments were insisting that Sony would 'destroy' MS based on just the specs. Market shares and such are also a part of what we here care about.
Again, I think that argument was good when MS went "multimedia" and Sony went in gaming direction with twice less RAM, but much faster. Thing is, Sony has considarably better GPU, MUCH faster memory and actually the same amount of it. It also looks to be very elegantly desing system and comes with Kinect like camera. Now, what exactly can MS machine do that Sony's can't?

I'm really curious about the consumer cost.

Wow - 8GB of gddr5? I'll be amazed if this thing comes out at $400 as well with that amount of GDDR5 memory - 2 Gb of video mem with 6gb of DDR3 sure, but 8GB unified GDDR5?!

Back