The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt revealed

I'm looking forward to this game the most!
I loved both Witcher games and I'm planning on replaying Witcher 2 before 3rd hits the street.
The storyline is the most impressive thing about this series of games. Somehow both Witcher games managed to grab my wife attention while I was playing them, to a point she could sit 1-2h next to me just watching what will happen next and laughing from silly/funny conversations!! No other game ever did that, even much liked by me Mass Effect.

Hmm, I haven't had the time to try The Witcher 2 yet (it's still waiting in my GoG account) but graphically, this appears to be a good step forward, doesn't it? Some of those models are very curvy, which suggests tessellation (ergo DX11).

I think I also see a hint of TressFx in this horse's tail:

http://www.bluesnews.com/screenshots/games/thewitcher3/20130301/8_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_horse.jpg

Edit: apparently, it might be PhysX.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest I have little bit difficulties seeing how coop would fit this game. I'm just super glad they are simply focusing 100% on the single player.

To be honest I have little bit difficulties seeing how coop would fit this game. I'm just super glad they are simply focusing 100% on the single player.

Me too!

If they achieve 100 hours of game play Witcher 3 will be at least twice as big as Witcher 2! This is great news for me if they can maintain or improve on side quest quality and deliver great main story telling.

Pre-order quite possible for me as W2 was first day buy ;)

Co-op doesn't have to be anything huge. Sometimes just adding in another player and sharing treasure(Fucking hate the word loot nowadays because of gaming)/XP works fine.

I'm a little sad there's not at least half-assed in that manner co-op. Me and my dad love the witcher series, and playing it together would have been worth the cost of admission for two copies if needed.

CDPR released a pretty sweet CGI cinematic today called "Killing Monsters".

I'm not sure when exactly it happened, but an opening cinematic was added to TW2 at some point, and it's possibly one of the greatest CGI's I've ever seen:

Anyway, information is coming to a slow drip regarding TW3, but there's a website that seems to be updated fairly often with new screens and videos. You can find it here: http://thewitcher.com/killingmonsters/

I think the new TW2 intro video was added for the enhanced edition about a year after its initial launch.

The new trailer had me laughing a bit at the zoom-in on the guard's face and its expression.

This is still, without a doubt, my most anticipated upcoming title. However, the more I see of it, and it's jaw-dropping visuals, I lose faith in even dual 780's and a 6 core i7 :(

I already upgraded to dual 290X and hope it will work in 40-60 FPS range when maxed on 1920x1200 screen :) (thanks to LiteCoin that is and not just for gaming, but now I can play Crysis 3 on max. details 60FPS!)

On nVidia you have bigger problem due to hair simulation, but you can always jump to Maxwell when it comes out!

This is still, without a doubt, my most anticipated upcoming title. However, the more I see of it, and it's jaw-dropping visuals, I lose faith in even dual 780's and a 6 core i7 :(

Don't worry you'll be fine with that. I'm confident that even my i5 Ivy Bridge and single GTX670 will be okay at 1080p.

I'll probably only play it once. >_<

Me too.
Especially with a single playthrough with sidequests being around 120 hours.

I really love story-induced long games, but I can only get so much of one kind of setting, lore and game type.
Replayability is certainly not an important factor for me.

At least, not as long as I can have so many great and cheap games to play in the PC.

Back