Kreed tech demo works on radeon 8500 :-)

jjayb

Regular
Even though the readme says it only works on the gforce3, it does in fact work on my 8500. Looks pretty nice. I was hoping they would have the water they showed in the video but it doesn't. Also beware, there are places in the maps where you will fall through the floor. You have to edit the config file to change the resolution. It's at 800x600 by default.

One other thing, it takes forever to load. It will sit at a black screen for about 2 minutes looking like it's not going to do anything. Then you'll hear the music and it will start.

what drivers and os are you using?
i have r8500 but get some error messages and can´t run it.

edit: i think its directx
( config.ini:
set r_texturefilter D3DTEXF_LINEAR
set r_mipmapfilter D3DTEXF_LINEAR
)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BirdMadBoy on 2002-02-19 01:11 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BirdMadBoy on 2002-02-19 01:11 ]</font>

Just a note, I noticed several visual errors when running on the Radeon8500, volumes and several light effects are wrong or missing.

K~

On 2002-02-19 00:36, DaveBaumann wrote:
I haven't checked the demo out out - is it OpenGL or Directx?

It's DirectX 'cos if you press Alt+Tab you get D3DERROR_DEVICELOST MessageBoxes in an infinite loop :D :D

By the way it displays the menu and the ui-panels on a GeForce3 and nothing else...
(Tried 23.11 on Win2k, 27.42 on Win2k &amp; Win98SE)

I've seen it on a Radeon 8500 and it does not work very well, the lighting/shadow effects are missing, the Readme states that the demo works only on GF3.

There is Water is the Techdemo1 you just have to search, its very nice animated with Bumpmapping. :D

You can run it on all Cards if you disable the in config.ini the line
&lt;set r_powermode 1> to &lt;set r_powermode 0>.

It works then in DX7 mode. :p

Back