Question about wrist pads while using a PC

K.I.L.E.R

Retarded moron
Veteran
Just a few minutes ago I had sore wrists. Not wanting to aggrevate my wrists I tied a pair of underwear around my wrists while using my mouse.

This way my hand is even with my wrist; they are prefectly straight.

This makes it easier to use a mouse as well. :D

What do you guys use to make your wrists comfortable while using a mouse?

The keyboard was never a problem becuase I can properly touch type and my left hand is never sore. :D

Err, used an old pair of ski socks (folded up) for about a year to raise my mouse hand. Now I've got a cheapo gel pad that does the same job.

Make sure you remove the underwear before you go out otherwise people are going to start calling you "Mr Pantie-Hands".

MuFu.

MuFu said:
Make sure you remove the underwear before you go out otherwise people are going to start calling you "Mr Pantie-Hands".
umm... you sound like you know this from experience... :oops:

K.I.L.E.R said:
Just a few minutes ago I had sore wrists. Not wanting to aggrevate my wrists I tied a pair of underwear around my wrists while using my mouse.

Fab signature line ;)

ON Topic: Why not get a mouse mat with a gel-filled rist rest?

EDIT: just re-read MuFu's post and noticed the same recomendation (note to self : go to bed and sleep).

my friend got carpeltunnel (or however its spelled) and the doc gave him some wrist support thing that he was supposed to wear, it helped a lot.

get a gel wrist rest for your mouse pad, or one with it attached, they really help quite a bit, my keyboard has a plastic rest that I find helps also.

K.I.L.E.R said:
I found I had to change to using the mouse with my left hand as a few months ago I was in agony with my right hand. I've heard that one of the worst culprits is the scroll wheel.

Apparently the best thing to do to prevent CTS is to buy a wrist support and the HUGEST mouse you can find.

MuFu.

MuFu said:
Apparently the best thing to do to prevent CTS is to buy a wrist support and the HUGEST mouse you can find.

MuFu.

I've got a large mouse already. A large shaped mouse from Logitech.

So is just using a relatively small mouse which I just push around with my fingers, resting the ball of my hand on the table (I dont use a mat, I like having my arm flush with the table) a bad posture?

MfA said:
So is just using a relatively small mouse which I just push around with my fingers, resting the ball of my hand on the table (I dont use a mat, I like having my arm flush with the table) a bad posture?
I had a similar technique (move a small mouse with your fingers) until I switched to a trackball which I am very pleased with.

I still have a mouse connected to my PC for the sole reason of 3D shooters. I managed to get pretty good with the trackball in 2D applications or strategy games, but 1st person aiming is tricky.
With most games the sensitivity is too high even after turning it way down (Halo for example) so I still can't play competitive.

Back