ATI's Initial Responce to NVIDIA's Editors Day IQ Issues

jimbob0i0 said:
bb no it doesn't... in that sort of scenario I normally just edit the offending post removing the entire content and leaving a warning to the poster in its place.
Normally I do too, it's how I got into the habit of adding "EDITED BITS:" to everything I edit.

(I made an exception tonight for a couple of trouble-makers at EB though and had an absolute BALL abusing my powers...I really don't do it often if ever, but it was kind of fun in an evil way and was quite effective.)

Just for the record it wasn't pointed at anyone here it was a comment in general.

Anyway back on topic

Nvidia spouted some good fud at the editor's day they even inferred that FP16 is all you need for cinematic rendering because a company developed and used a video format the used 16 bit float storage.

StealthHawk said:
Vince said:
Back in 2000, I emailed the Doc inquiring about nVidia cheating in Quake3A and his relationship with several nVidia executives.

Hold on a second. NVIDIA cheated in Quake3 :?: What did they do?

Well, there was this. You didn't think the Detonator 3's were magic, did you? :)

That was the time that NVidia got their dominance. GF2, GF2MX, and GF "4" MX made NVidia what they are.

People are diliberately misinforming people and that is wrong, so quit it please

Since when do ANY of us still take Toms Hardware seriously?

They're like the Kings of Sattire.

Just there Benchmarks of Intel systems completely crushing AMd systems when all other sites paint a slightless less dramatic difference.

Do you all remember the big "Alpha P4 3.6Ghz" article?... that was a load of B.S... they just Overclocked a P4 and claimed Intel had offically sent them an Alpha version.

Seriously... why would ANY of you take them seriously?
It's the same for Firing Squad.

Although many people disagree with Anandtech and HardOCP they seem to be a tad more precise on the news and reviews side of things.

Seriously... why would ANY of you take them seriously?
It's the same for Firing Squad.

Although many people disagree with Anandtech and HardOCP they seem to be a tad more precise on the news and reviews side of things.

I rate the Squad way over the "Big 3" (big guys with webpages, that is). The Squad's reviewers may not have the technical expertise of the Fine Folk here@B3D, but at least they don't play favorite and they really improve over time, which is more than I can say for the big 3 guys with webpages :
- Anand is busy trying the Jedi Mind Trick with his readers ("Those are not the screenshots you are looking for"), and while he seems to have good hearing and sight, he may lack a little bit in the deontology and method departments.
- The Good Doctor has taken a break from reality, and Lars' definition of objectivity seems to be "everyone should get the same amount of backslash, no matter if deserved or not"
- [K] is still exactly the same he was, he just changed target because he realised he had been used and discarded like a paper handkerchief by his previous favorite.[/url]

Mintmaster said:
Well, there was this. You didn't think the Detonator 3's were magic, did you? :)

That was the time that NVidia got their dominance. GF2, GF2MX, and GF "4" MX made NVidia what they are.

Damn right I thought they were magic! You were looking at a much more ignorant StealthHawk back in those days. I just started following the scene and never imagined anyone would cheat so blatantly.

re: lower texture quality in Quake3, was IQ fixed later and did performance remain the same?

Back