Controllers and every other aspect of Orbis and Durango

It may have something to do with the new controller having a touch-pad, a better gyroscope, a multi-color led that may be able to be tracked by PS Eye 2, a speaker and an audio connector.

Even if games are forced to support the Vita for remote play, that would still be a lot less limiting than having to force to use a DS3 actually.

Would be pretty interesting to see how a PS4 version of a Wonderbook game would do by the way:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013...crawler-out-in-may-check-out-the-new-trailer/

(especially with 3D support)

That Nightcrawler game looks a lot more interesting than the Rowling one. It focuses on interaction with the book, and story telling. The kids didn't use Move at all. They used their bare hands. Should be PS4 material.

I think Move is more suitable for activities with a bat or tool in-hand.

Hope they focus on deep story and puzzles, even for kids, not shallow activities like EyePet.

Would like to see more of the Dinosaur Wonderbook next.

EDIT: it should be interesting with tablets/phones and Internet integration too.

Any guesses if I will still be able to use my Sony Pulse headset with the PS4. It uses a usb stick so I would assume I could but they said you couldn't use DS3 so... *shrug*
Will the DS4 not be a blue tooth controller, I'm not really looking forward to having to use that camera. I have the PS3 eye in a draw and I only bought that for use in Rainbow Six.
Sorry if this wasn't the place for this question so many next gen threads wish there was just one big one lol

The Pulse Elite Edition comes with a 3.5mm audio cable adapter for use with other devices.

The USB adaptor in the regular and Elite versions may not use standard BT. It should be seen as a USB device.

The headset is integrated with PS3 via an app. While you can use it with a PC, I think not all its features are available. I suspect it would be the same for PS4 until someone releases the relevant software for PS4.

stonervision

I hope this is a look into what the PlayStation4Eye will bring with it's Stereo Camera.

it's called DUO & it's made using 2 PlayStationEye cameras to track your hands in 3D

Wow. I'm impressed, I especially like 0:27-0:33 ;). If anyone at Sony is reading this, support Occulus Rift or some VR type headset and throw me inside of a fractal... I'm sure users of a certain substance would buy the hell out of that.

Wow. I'm impressed, I especially like 0:27-0:33 ;). If anyone at Sony is reading this, support Occulus Rift or some VR type headset and throw me inside of a fractal... I'm sure users of a certain substance would buy the hell out of that.

Very leap motion, I wonder once people do tear downs of the leap motion if they'll just find two cheap cameras similar to this...

As for the new playstation eye, there is no reason why it can't do something similar. However, bear in mind that the fidelity of it's tracking is linear based on distance from camera (and separation of cameras). So this "duo" (and leap motion) are very accurate since the subject is very close to the cameras, so the sepration is greater allowing for better tracking. However, once your subject is farther away, the relative distance between the "eyes" is less making 3d tracking less precise, along with detail at which it is tracking scales as well (up close finger tracking is possible, but at long distances, it couldn't do fingers, but more limbs).

We sure would :cool:

Very leap motion, I wonder once people do tear downs of the leap motion if they'll just find two cheap cameras similar to this...

As for the new playstation eye, there is no reason why it can't do something similar. However, bear in mind that the fidelity of it's tracking is linear based on distance from camera (and separation of cameras). So this "duo" (and leap motion) are very accurate since the subject is very close to the cameras, so the sepration is greater allowing for better tracking. However, once your subject is farther away, the relative distance between the "eyes" is less making 3d tracking less precise, along with detail at which it is tracking scales as well (up close finger tracking is possible, but at long distances, it couldn't do fingers, but more limbs).

If the user is close, PSEye could track individual fingers on both hands too, captured @ 240fps in 320x240 (120fps for 640x480, and so on). Then add computation and communication overhead.

Duo tracks up to 178fps (640x480/320x240). But the distance to the user's hands should be relatively constant because it's looking up.

The official specs for the DS4 has a flat 4 pin connector besides the headset jack, called the Extention Port. Maybe they plan on having more features as part of the headset, could be leds for tracking or something.

If the user is close, PSEye could track individual fingers on both hands too, captured @ 240fps in 320x240 (120fps for 640x480, and so on). Then add computation and communication overhead.

Duo tracks up to 178fps (640x480/320x240). But the distance to the user's hands should be relatively constant because it's looking up.

PSEye is 120FPS at 320x240 & 640x480 at 60FPS but the PC driver has managed to get it upto 187 at 320x240 & 75FPS at 640x480.

PSEye is a amazing camera.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, should have clarified I meant the PS4 PSEye. My resolution was a little off anyway:

External Dimension Approx: 186mm x 27mm x 27mm (width x height x depth)
(tentative)
Weight Approx: 183g (tentative)
Video: Video Pixel (Maximum) 1280 x 800 pixel x 2
Video Frame Rate 1280×800 pixel @ 60fps
640×400 pixel @ 120fps
320×192 pixel @ 240fps
Video Format RAW, YUV (uncompressed)
Features: Lens Dual Lenses, F value/F2.0 fixed focus
Capture Range 30cm~∞
Field-of-View 85°
Microphone 4 Channel Microphone Array
Connection Type PS4 dedicated connector (AUX connector)
Cable Length Approx. 2m (tentative)

The official specs for the DS4 has a flat 4 pin connector besides the headset jack, called the Extention Port. Maybe they plan on having more features as part of the headset, could be leds for tracking or something.

May be for controller accessories like a steering wheel attachment ?

Vita also has a "mysterious" accessory port.

Back