News & Rumours: Playstation 4/ Orbis *spin*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what happened to Planetside 2 and Loadout for the PS4?
Planetside 2 at least, is a game that someone would have expected to exist on the platform already

so... can i expect that it will be as laggy as remote play?

useless for twitch shooters, awesome for any other games (tested on FPS, side scroller, fighting, TPS)

PS4=> PSV works well with Destiny. I just played a NF game in it and did perfectly fine, so as long as you're not a game that requires "frame by frame" precision I think you're good.

Vita Remote Play, I've found, is only laggy when you connect directly to the PS4 using Wifi. This is very important to remember, and you should basically disable this option in your PS4's settings.

If you go through your WiFi router / WLAN, or even if you go through the internet, it's actually really good. I was a bit surprised by that. You may lose some fidelty and frames, but the control-response itself has very little lag. Here at work, DriveClub was actually totally playable (except that I always use motion steering, so had some trouble adjusting to the analog sticks :D)

Also important to remember is that for the streaming, there should be no Sony servers involved. It's direct from you to someone else in a P2P connection. I've seen people express concern about the capacity of Sony's servers, but for this feature it's barely relevant. ;)

Vita Remote Play, I've found, is only laggy when you connect directly to the PS4 using Wifi. This is very important to remember, and you should basically disable this option in your PS4's settings.

If you go through your WiFi router / WLAN, or even if you go through the internet, it's actually really good. I was a bit surprised by that. You may lose some fidelty and frames, but the control-response itself has very little lag. Here at work, DriveClub was actually totally playable (except that I always use motion steering, so had some trouble adjusting to the analog sticks :D)

Also important to remember is that for the streaming, there should be no Sony servers involved. It's direct from you to someone else in a P2P connection. I've seen people express concern about the capacity of Sony's servers, but for this feature it's barely relevant. ;)

That's weird. Surely it should be faster when connected directly to the PS4?

Yes, but it isn't ... Perhaps it uses a really bad Wifi Direct implementation...

The streaming may be P2P like you say, but the original connection is most likely established using Sony servers, since there's no other way to determine where each endpoint of the streams should go when people want to connect with eachother, especially if you're behind a firewall/NAT and so on...

Anyway, server capacity for this purpose should not be a bottleneck one would hope, unless sony gets DDOS'd (although sony server capacity hasn't always been super awesome in the past, slow, unresponsive e-store has been a long running saga for example.)

The streaming may be P2P like you say, but the original connection is most likely established using Sony servers, since there's no other way to determine where each endpoint of the streams should go when people want to connect with eachother, especially if you're behind a firewall/NAT and so on...

Anyway, server capacity for this purpose should not be a bottleneck one would hope, unless sony gets DDOS'd (although sony server capacity hasn't always been super awesome in the past, slow, unresponsive e-store has been a long running saga for example.)

The e-store has never really been a problem for me. It's the constantly getting kicked out of Destiny when I try to play past 10pm UK time, that rubs me up the wrong way.

I think Sony needs to put alot more investment into their network infrastructure, since it seems that alot of people online are complaining about issues.

There's a new video up overviewing some of the features in 2.0. Outside of the features we already know about, it looks like Pause/Resume for downloads will be added. Along with some additional customization to the broadcast settings.

The USB music players appears to be very bare bones, lacking even basic playlist functionality (from what I can see). Hopefully, we'll get a full blown, fully featured, DLNA client capable media player at some point.

Another video.

Essentially this is remote play, but just tweaked so that it works with PS4>PS4 with different account management approach. I think this is great addition to PS4, really unique feature that will enable users to easily share games and play coop with their friends who don't own those games [or even if they do, this will enable playing of couch coop via internet].
Yes, cool as heck. I wonder if the other person playing remotely can play your games freely , and by that, I mean being able to play the entire game remotely without having to pay for a copy. Can they?

EDIT: I've read your FAQ already, the question is answered there, I think

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, if host wants he can make as much 1hr Share Play sessions as he wants until his friend finishes entire game.

1hr limit is a masterful move. It's more than enough time to show any game to friends, give them to play a bit, but host can easily get bored if their friend wants to play longer. :D His console is essentially "kidnapped" when friends play, and he has to restart session every hour.

I never cared about suspend / resume feature, I rarely let the PS4 even on standby mode anyway.

But happy that they finally give us the ability to pause downloads. When you have a crappy Internet access and that you have to download several Gigabytes on your PS4, you really have to schedule the whole thing as the PS4 will completely eat all the bandwidth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back