News & Rumours: Playstation 4/ Orbis *spin*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really I've to pay more attention, how is it name ?
playstation app

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/03/playstation-app-detailed-by-shuhei-yoshida/
PlayStation App will also offer ‘second screen’ gameplay features on enabled titles. For example, during the TGS presentation Yoshida showed how the app interacts with The Playroom — he drew a picture of Knack on his smartphone’s touch screen, and then pushed it into the PS4 game on his TV, allowing the game’s bot characters to play with the item he’d created.

“There are many big publishers creating their own apps for their games, like Watch Dogs or Battlefield, and that’s great,” he added.

“But smaller developers can use PlayStation App to connect to PS4 and load an application, like drawing software for example, so that you don’t have to download and install a specific app on your smartphone. It’s open to all PS4 developers to use.”

runs games created on the panty raid engine... :oops:

Whatever it is, I think I am sold already.

It's supposed to work with the mic
https://twitter.com/yosp/status/394042908145229824

But speaking into a wired mic doesn't seem nearly as fun as talking to the console hands free.

For an entire game, I'll use the one that's more accurate.

For occasional navigation aid, perhaps the Eye may be more convenient assuming it is accurate enough.

What the heck is a pocket station ?

sonypocketstation.jpg

So I ended up hooking the DS4 to my PS3 with a micro-USB cable. It's perfect for my office setup. Works really well !

Lent my Windows laptop to someone else. Will test when it's back.

Don't know where to start for DS4 vs Mac interoperability yet. ^_^

I also got KZSF and the new PSEye now. The PSEye is *tiny* !
Well... Not tiny but unexpectedly very slim and short, like miniaturized. Cute.

EDIT: Regarding the LED light on DS4... it's angled downwards. Glows but doesn't shine like a flashlight. You'll see it if the screen is not turned on (or completely dark). Should be pretty unnoticeable during gameplay.

Hmph, Playstation button and motion control doesn't work with DS4 in Beyond 2 Souls. Back to DS3 !

It would be great if you could pair it with an iOS device, since iOS 7 has a controller API now.

Of course, Sony isn't going to cooperate with that, helping the development of "console-quality" games for iOS.

OTOH, at $60 each, they must make a pretty good profit on the controllers, probably better margins than the console itself.

The DS3 hasn't dropped much in price in 6 years. Only some sales have brought it to around $40 for short periods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back