News & Rumours: Playstation 4/ Orbis *spin*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck Sony then.:devilish:

Well I can't wait to see what the tech demos are and what will be claimed as real time. Wonder if we'll have anything like the KZ demo again.

I expect them to announce gta5 on the ps4. It makes all kinds of sense. The new consoles would fly of the shelves.

I expect a stupid non-announcement, much like the one they did for PSN+ last year where they rooked folks into subscribing for a year based on the suggestion that some mega awseome deal was coming (which never materialized).

Maybe another blue sky promise type announcement for Playstation Mobile? Something related to Wonderbook?

If it is the PS4 won't Take Two be furious about the timing?

I expect a stupid non-announcement, much like the one they did for PSN+ last year where they rooked folks into subscribing for a year based on the suggestion that some mega awseome deal was coming (which never materialized).

Maybe another blue sky promise type announcement for Playstation Mobile? Something related to Wonderbook?

If it is the PS4 won't Take Two be furious about the timing?

Take Two has already pushed GTAV back to September. I expect PS4 will be around at or very soon after GTAV ships.

Not if they did all their development on PC - as I said earlier in the thread, I bet GTA V and PS4 release on the same day and this is why it's delayed. A quick upgrade to the PC assets would do nicely and would be a quick enough conversion to PS4 (which they've probably been working with for 6 months or more)

What is this mega deal you are referring too? I remember them saying I would instantly get 10 games for free (which I got) and 2 or 3 games every month (Which I'm getting)

Not if they did all their development on PC - as I said earlier in the thread, I bet GTA V and PS4 release on the same day and this is why it's delayed. A quick upgrade to the PC assets would do nicely and would be a quick enough conversion to PS4 (which they've probably been working with for 6 months or more)

What is this mega deal you are referring too? I remember them saying I would instantly get 10 games for free (which I got) and 2 or 3 games every month (Which I'm getting)

I would guess they did all the developing on the platforms they are aiming for, 360 and PS3, but it's very much a possibility that they started with higher quality assets where it doesn't hurt development time to much, mostly textures i would guess. Higher poly objects scaled down usually require some kind of handwork as well.

But it would be a monster launch, and to be honest my first thought when i read the release date was that it just fitted to well with 2 new platforms being around the corner. What this next generation surely could need was a turbo boost at launch.. ohhh well we can beg and hope :)

I remember them saying I would instantly get 10 games for free (which I got) and 2 or 3 games every month (Which I'm getting)

They were promoting in advance that there was going to be some crazy deal that people would miss out on if they did not subscribe for as long as possible before hand. Which was absolute malarky and the actual annoucement was pretty much "PS+ exists" (nothing significant changed, at least for NA).

As to GTA5, how does a launch this year help Take Two? It creates customer confusion on the Sony side, extra development and support headaches (what happens to multiplayer?), the possibility customers will wait to purchase (which can mean lost sale to whatever new shiny thing comes later), etc.

I see having GTA5 on Orbis as great for Sony but I don't see the benefits for Take Two, at least not this early on in next gen.

Cheers

Maybe Sony says, release GTA5 for Orbis at launch and we'll forget about Agent. :p

I was thinking the same thing earlier. Rockstar owes them I think. Agent was announced in, what, in 2008? Very embarassing.

If any game can push consoles I think GTA still can. It would be a great insurance factor.

Also they will still release a PS3 version.

And gta is one of those games that latecomers are going to pick up when they do finally get on the next gen bandwagon.

Anyone hear how the GTA games have sold on tablets and smart phones? They're $5 or less but there are hundreds of millions of devices which could run these games.

It would be interesting to see how soon after the launch on consoles and PC that they release for mobile devices.

Well given the death of Onlive, and non-success and purchase of Gaikai into becoming a mere tool for BC on future Sony consoles, I'm entirely unconvinced that streaming games will become anyone's core strategy for distribution. Even if global internet speeds somehow magically improve by an order of magnitude before 2015.

The markets simply don't want it, regardless of how much the greedy coorperations do. But of course that's a completely sideline issue ;-)

It doesn't need to be WW.

It will start in big US cities, Japan, and parts of Europe.

And in 7-10 years when "new consoles" would traditionally be ready "next gen" like content will already be streamed via the cloud in 2020-2023 in the major areas above.

Releasing a new console is just competing with yourself.

And the remainder of the world, if they want a console, can get the current consoles because by then they will be cheap enough for 3rd world areas. As for all those last-mile-hicks in NA and other remote places that fall into the niche of "have spending power but no broadband" well, PC gaming and the like will have to suffice.

There are so many reasons to go with a service oriented product that I cannot see Sony or MS (which mind you their vision PDF already indicated this is indeed coming) or the big publishers not pursuing this.

They were promoting in advance that there was going to be some crazy deal that people would miss out on if they did not subscribe for as long as possible before hand. Which was absolute malarky and the actual annoucement was pretty much "PS+ exists" (nothing significant changed, at least for NA).

No, one Sony employee made one tweet to the effect of "hey, if you aren't PS Plus yet, maybe you should be for tomorrow." ahead of the E3 press conference. The internet went into a tizzy, and they did in fact announce the Instant Game Collection so everyone got 12 free games day one. Some people felt burned that preexisting members didn't get a super special extra for having signed up before E3, but your account of the chain of events is comically ill informed and borders on malicious misrepresentation. How you can equate an unofficial, oblique tweet from an SCEA employee with a formal event in New York announced weeks in advanced that press and investors alike have been invited to promising to unveil the "future of PlayStation" is just incomprehensible.

Sorry if this has been posted. But could this be the PS4 and DS4?

Looks good IMO.

I'd love the PS4 to just look like a slim, monolithic Blu-Ray player - so it could fit in nicely with my hifi equipment.

And I'd totally pay a price premium if they had a "premium finish" with a nice brushed black aluminium front.

Like one of those stylish, minimalistic, straightforward Lian Li aluminium HTPC cases - just a little smaller in height.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back