Xbox One (Durango) Technical hardware investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually MS representatives have mentioned NDA's, but that could mean literally anything.

People also assume that because they feel MS hasn't disclosed full specs, schematics, and docs to the XB1, then they must be hiding something.
We probably know more about XB1 than any next gen system including the wuu.

Do we know what speed processors are, what every chip is capable off, e.g. audio of every other next gen system?

I'm not saying that there isn't more to know about XB1, just that people keep finding conspiracy everywhere.

Maybe the gcn is based on VI, maybe there's other updates and changes that wouldn't mean anything to us without it being put into proper context of game engines etc.

In the end people better not be holding their breath, and if there's any surprises it will be a pleasant ones hopefully.
Also I wouldnt expect anything that is going to double flop counts etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Regardless of what's "revealed", the developers popping off about the performance disparity would still need to be explained. If the raw performance difference is as large as leaked, i'm not sure exactly what people are hoping to hear about the architecture that would close the gap. Developers already have the systems in their hands so the anecdotal feedback tells us far more than any architecture reveal would doesn't it?

That said, I do think the XBO has more room to improve because its inherently more complex to utilize but short of MS revealing some hidden hardware and then shipping a driver the same day to expose it to developers, the performance we know about now is the most telling about the architecture.

There will be some nice things to talk about when MS is finaly able to speak. Will it suddenly make the xbox one the more powerful system? No it wont.

Regardless of what's "revealed", the developers popping off about the performance disparity would still need to be explained. If the raw performance difference is as large as leaked, i'm not sure exactly what people are hoping to hear about the architecture that would close the gap. Developers already have the systems in their hands so the anecdotal feedback tells us far more than any architecture reveal would doesn't it?

That said, I do think the XBO has more room to improve because its inherently more complex to utilize but short of MS revealing some hidden hardware and then shipping a driver the same day to expose it to developers, the performance we know about now is the most telling about the architecture.

As with everything else, most of those sources and developers have been "anonymous". If those anonymous sources would have praised the XB1 all you would have heard is "paid dev", "MS shill" or some other derogatory dismissal.

Two months exactly until we know for ourselves.

Has someone already posted this?

From Penello on reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/1msxoy/according_to_albert_penello_more_xbox_one/

"Sorry no intent to tease. I promised we'd let our architects speak about our system, and we should have something to share soon. Don't expect a bomb, but it should explain in depth our architecture and how the paper specs don't tell the full story. Again, I just spent time at TGS looking at both platforms - after E3, Gamescom, and PAX and I still insist our games look awesome."

No , what is said wont make the xbox one more powerful than you guys think it is today. Its already more powerful . words don't change that

Its already more powerful [that we think]? I'm not sure that I understand, I assume it is going to do just fine, but are you suggesting that people here still dont get the whole picture? Or? :?:

I think he's saying that too many people have already written the Xbox One off as being woefully underpowered when that isn't the case.

I think he's saying that too many people have already written the Xbox One off as being woefully underpowered when that isn't the case.

Yes , the only changes to the system hardware wise were the clock increases . Everything else about the system is the same as it was months ago. Now when they announce everything perspectives will change about power diffrences . How much I don't know , but that's because I don't understand everything i'm told. I'm not as technical as most people on this forum

Yes , the only changes to the system hardware wise were the clock increases . Everything else about the system is the same as it was months ago. Now when they announce everything perspectives will change about power diffrences . How much I don't know , but that's because I don't understand everything i'm told. I'm not as technical as most people on this forum

Can you give any hints to what you were told? or people has to wait for MS few more days to speak about it? :D

Can you give any hints to what you were told? or people has to wait for MS few more days to speak about it? :D

I'm not under nda , I have a few friends who develop games and have let me play with next gen systems. Some more than others. I'm just told there are a few changes to gcn that go beyond the changes we know of and should increase performance a bit.

I'm not under nda , I have a few friends who develop games and have let me play with next gen systems. Some more than others. I'm just told there are a few changes to gcn that go beyond the changes we know of and should increase performance a bit.

Strange none of this was included in the plethora of leaks we had that seemingly details every facet of the system.

Well that's good news if increases the performance.

Probably related to this :

Microsoft has worked with AMD to customize the performance and shader optimization for features of DirectX 11.2. This is custom kit that isn't available in any other box.

Strange none of this was included in the plethora of leaks we had that seemingly details every facet of the system.

NDA's are a powerful thing. When MS signs one details protected by it , wont even make it into details sent to 3rd parties.

From my understanding they aren't drastic changes and the xbox one wont suddenly be faster than the ps4 so don't worry about it.

NDA's are a powerful thing. When MS signs one details protected by it , wont even make it into details sent to 3rd parties.

From my understanding they aren't drastic changes and the xbox one wont suddenly be faster than the ps4 so don't worry about it.

Xbox one is the new Gamecube :D

If 3rd parties don't know about it I question its relevance in any sort of comparison as anyone developing for firsts party wouldn't know anything about PS4. I know you aren't saying that but that is how your comment will be interpreted by some...

At any rate its foolish for people to think MS didn't engineer the system they wanted, I am confident that the XB1 will have all the features and capabilities that the team felt were important for the direction they want to take their entertainment division this upcoming generation. And I also think its inherently flawed to pull out flops or memory or bw in a vacuum to say one machine is better than the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back