Xbox One (Durango) Technical hardware investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK - Here is the last gasp rumor from crazy town for the XB1 before the bubbles burst at noon.

The linkedin sleuths at GAf found this profile http://cn.linkedin.com/in/vinberlei

It states that he tested the XB1 APU/dGPU for AMD. Note the punctuation in the profile. It definitely indicates that the XB has an APU/dGPU.

OK - Here is the last gasp rumor from crazy town for the XB1 before the bubbles burst at noon.

The linkedin sleuths at GAf found this profile http://cn.linkedin.com/in/vinberlei

It states that he tested the XB1 APU/dGPU for AMD. Note the punctuation in the profile. It definitely indicates that the XB has an APU/dGPU.

Well it technically is a DGPU (even though its part of the APU, and theres only one GPU in the system).

From wiki.

A dedicated GPU is not necessarily removable, nor does it necessarily interface with the motherboard in a standard fashion. The term "dedicated" refers to the fact that dedicated graphics cards have RAM that is dedicated to the card's use, not to the fact that most dedicated GPUs are removable. Dedicated GPUs for portable computers are most commonly interfaced through a non-standard and often proprietary slot due to size and weight constraints. Such ports may still be considered PCIe or AGP in terms of their logical host interface, even if they are not physically interchangeable with their counterparts.

Which would be the eSRAM.

Oh, if you're expecting something powerful at hotchips, I'd aim for something semi-realistic like advanced Volcanic Islands tech, or how the ESRAM is gonna turbocharge the shaders, or even more shaders than we expected.

I think I'm more excited for this than Gamescom.

Watch it be nothing...

Are they known to put the presentations online in a timely manner? If not, how will we know what was said?

They usually upload all slides and videos to youtube. But it takes some time. If they talk final specs we might see MS releasing a spec sheet over at news.xbox.com - but I doubt we will get something concrete today except some leaks from a few attendees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back