Xbox One (Durango) Technical hardware investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
So there is this Xbox One unboxing video :
http://news.xbox.com/2013/08/xbox-one-unboxing

I can't believe he said "a beautiful little sensor" Larry, Kinect is bigger than your head!

And Larry mentions nearly all HW specs (HDD size, CPU, Wifi) but does not talk about the RAM at all... Time to revive the 12GB rumor.

Uh, he said "eight core x86 processor" and "wireless networking connectivity". They are not specifications :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Did he mention if their was one or two APUs? Time to revive that rumor!

Seriously, if something isn't explicitly mentioned with the PS4 it is evidence it doesn't exists, when something isn't mentioned with the XB1, it is evidence it does exists! :smile:

well so much for that rumor

Don't worry, there will be another one along any minute now....... If we could convert crazy rumours into actual energy, Saudi Arabia would be in a lot of trouble.

There have been tools to access GPU clocks from within windows for nearly 15 years that I can recall, perhaps longer still?

Yeah Im pretty sure I was using rivatuner to overclock my TNT2 back in 2000... I still remember my aftermarket fan I installed to get an extra 10mhz...

Did he mention if their was one or two APUs? Time to revive that rumor!

Seriously, if something isn't explicitly mentioned with the PS4 it is evidence it doesn't exists, when something isn't mentioned with the XB1, it is evidence it does exists! :smile:

;-). Not 2 APUs but he still only mentions 8 core x86 so there is still a little space left to put a "New and Better than the Jaguar" CPU in the thing. Now the fans can discuss max frequencies AND what "Real Next Gen" technology could be in the cpu module. GCN 2.0 ,whatever that means, is a favorite as is PileDriver.

I love the way Microsoft are drip feeding positive news by that I mean weekly .
Head set in the box a long with a un boxing video .
If they can keep this up they will continue to be talked about far more so than Sony any look on any forum anywhere on the net shows this to be true at the minute .
Mostly positive news .......they seem to have upped there game from a PR point of view.
As for the memory or power of there chip set well its there just look at the videos all over the net .
There games in my opinion not only look better than there rival there more core orientated .....foza.....killer instinct .....dead rising ....ryse son of Rome .....these are games squarely aimed at the so called core gamer.

I suspect this holiday season all the way through Easter and next summer they will aim mainly at the core as they are your early adopters , then a price drop for next holiday season with a kinect based push to start to capture the family market while releasing halo to capture even more of the so called core gamers .

I'd be far more concerned about the one piece of news being glossed over if it is true which is a big if. "Less then 20 exist today." It's 3 months till launch and you haven't even ramped up production the hundreds scale let along the 10,0000+ a day they will need. Under a few thousand would be okay but under 20 at this point is concerning.

Are you sure they didn't mean "fully packaged retail kit" when they were saying 20 exist?

At this point, 16GB would be more believable than 12GB, at least they can use higher density as soon as next year. (not that I believe either) :???:

I love the way Microsoft are drip feeding positive news by that I mean weekly .
Head set in the box a long with a un boxing video .
If they can keep this up they will continue to be talked about far more so than Sony any look on any forum anywhere on the net shows this to be true at the minute .
Mostly positive news .......they seem to have upped there game from a PR point of view.
As for the memory or power of there chip set well its there just look at the videos all over the net .
There games in my opinion not only look better than there rival there more core orientated .....foza.....killer instinct .....dead rising ....ryse son of Rome .....these are games squarely aimed at the so called core gamer.

I suspect this holiday season all the way through Easter and next summer they will aim mainly at the core as they are your early adopters , then a price drop for next holiday season with a kinect based push to start to capture the family market while releasing halo to capture even more of the so called core gamers .

No question they are doing a much job getting their message out there. Fortunately for them lots will happen between the E3 reveal and launch so in the mind of many consumers the initial mistakes and reaction will be long forgotten.

I'd be far more concerned about the one piece of news being glossed over if it is true which is a big if. "Less then 20 exist today." It's 3 months till launch and you haven't even ramped up production the hundreds scale let along the 10,0000+ a day they will need. Under a few thousand would be okay but under 20 at this point is concerning.

Why? I'm not aware of any certain timetable consoles have to roll off the assembly line...

In fact I think the reveal full production hasn't started yet is good to know for future console launches. By about ~3 months to go full production doesn't have to be started.

I'm pretty sure they know what they're doing.

I doubt PS4's are in full swing either then (they haven't done an unboxing yet either).

My 12GB dream is dead :( And the GPU is presumably now locked with a pretty minor overclock to boot. Oh well, I guess consider the alternative, not long ago huge downclocks were being discussed.

But he does say they're "feeling great about game performance" whatever that means.

Simple cause there is a whole huge difference between less than 20 existing and full swing. ow Brit could be right and they mean less then 20 fully package sitting a box which would be slightly worry still but not as worrying. But if we take this at it's face value and not some hey look at this super cool rare thing I have PR fluff it's very worrying.This is supposed to be a multinational launch with significant quantities available ie I would expect 3+ million for that. They are 3 months or so out as they keep saying launch in Nov. I'd expect 100's if not a few thousand coming off the production lines a day tooling up to maybe 30 thousand a day or more hen it hits full tilt. To reach those numbers for launch. If it is true that less then 20 exist it would mean production is practically non-existent at the moment and will need to ramp up to even higher numbers in a shorter time period.Which would be risky as hell as they haven't even made a medium sized test run to catch any potential issues that might crop up as they scale up at this point if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back