Can someone tell me what mean thoses error lines with GPUperfstudio ?

lanek

Veteran
after have find some strange performances behaviour on this bench, i have do a simple log with GPUperfstudio ( last version ).

First error allways during Physic test ( who use PhysX from the cpu "normally " )

appears in red.. ( with 10 different shaders ): ( i dont put the screenshot as it is rather big )
" All cres instances should have the same shader attached! ':world:..[ name of the shader ] ... .. have different shader attached ... ( "shader x " expected ..... ) "

And thoses one during the fluid test:

Is someone can tell me to what type of error can this be related ? ( without too much enter in details, the bench is in beta mode, so error are too be expected and be fixed )

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems to me that with GPUperfstudio intercepting all calls, it doesn't know how/what to do with the PhysX code and "optimizes" parts of the code away leaving you with messages of emitters not found.

Do you get similar problems when running a non-physx test?

You could also try using Parallel Nsight, or Nsight Visual Studio Edition for profiling, as that should have no problem with the PhysX code.

Granted, this is all speculation based on having similar problems with OpenGL and CodeXL.

It seems to me that with GPUperfstudio intercepting all calls, it doesn't know how/what to do with the PhysX code and "optimizes" parts of the code away leaving you with messages of emitters not found.

Do you get similar problems when running a non-physx test?

You could also try using Parallel Nsight, or Nsight Visual Studio Edition for profiling, as that should have no problem with the PhysX code.

Granted, this is all speculation based on having similar problems with OpenGL and CodeXL.

I think you have point the right thing.. anyway i cant really touch the benchmark code as it is not my work, ( and im a noob on it ).

Will try your tools, but like the author is working on some fix, i will just maybe wait to see if they solve them by themselves. ( like im part of the beta testers i should have access to early build then )

Back