Formula 1 - 2013 Season

See, this was a bad move from the F1 officials...they should have never changed the tires imo. All the pressure from RBR...but also from the other (quite stupid) big teams.

Up until then, it was a quite good season, with an interesting chance for Lotus. But, all of a sudden, the F1 officials made the season boring.

I really thought about writing the local german TV station an Email if they are now happy with the F1...as they were quite vocal back then about the terrible tires and so on...like a news report every time, calling out F1 for being only about the tires, nothing else.

Except, that e.g. Was smart enough to construct their car around the tires, as they said...instead of ignoring them like RBR.

Well, who cares in the end. Season is over, I hope Kimi still gets second place...that's it.

The problem with the tyres was the safety issue with them blowing up spectacularly. Pirelli was justifiably scared of this and the drivers threatened boycott.

Hm, wasn't the biggest problem that the teams didn't follow Pirelli's recommendations how to use the tyres?
I think that was a small part of it, but the main reason was that the cars put more load into the tyres and there's no in-season testing so that Pirelli couldn't prepare for the higher downforce requirements.

It still sucks because they practically gave the championship to RBR. Remember earlier in the season when Merc were good in the races? That could have made the championship go down to the wire and left opportunities for other teams to score well too if RBR and Merc pushed each other into breakdowns.

It wasn't the tyres that caused the Red Bulls to run away with it in the end. The month they had between Hungary and Belgium was what did it (remember Hamilton had just done 3 poles in a row since the tyres changed at Canada). Before then the Merc's were at least on pace in qualifying after the tyre change, at Spa an onwards they were down 7/10ths (even though Hamilton got pole in the rain).

edit - oh you mean after the Silverstone fiasco right. Hamilton still took pole and won in Hungary with the new tyres, but during Spa in the dry and afterwards he was never close.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think all the top teams except Merc improved between Hungary and Belgium, but clearly the Red Bull by most. Maybe Merc got too sidetracked with their tyre issues? That's the real shame of the season because they were the only package with the raw speed to take on the Red Bulls, but they just went backwards.

It is just unfair.

I read here and there that many people refuse to watch the sport any longer because it is not interesting, there is no competition whatsoever and you know who will win in the end.

I also don't understand vettel. If there is no competition, what is his motivation to win?
You see that the others like Fernando, Kimi and Lewis simply don't race to the max any longer. Why would they do it? It doesn't make any sense...

The strongest teams don't need the biggest support, exactly what happened with the change of rules and tyres. There is no justice.in doing so.

Vettel's motivation is breaking as many records as possible. It won't be enough though, eventually the constant questions over his actual talent will gnaw away at him and he'll move to another team to prove himself. Ferrari I'd guess, but not while Alonso is there, and he'd never go to the same team as Hamilton either so tbh his "proving himself" would be against a fading Kimi, which is why I believe he wanted him at Red Bull in the first place.

Ouch, Kimi revealed in finnish interview that Lotus hasn't paid him a single dime so far for this season

edit:
...and according to autosport Kimi has told Lotus that he might not drive rest of the races (after abu dhabi?) if the team doesn't sort their payments quickly

Fantastic lap by Aussie Grit. Nice to see Vettel not get everything his way.
Massively disappointed by Alonso's lap in Q2. :(

Kimi has been excluded from qualifying because his car failed a floor test. He'll start from the back of the grid.

Great for Webber as this lap was indeed very good!
Vettel had chance of besting it but as he admitted it was not sure if without his mistake in 1st corner he would take pole.

I'm a bit gutted for Kimi ... but rules are rules and Lotus at least is trying to push them, they just need to make sure they stay 'legal'.

I wonder what can Huld do from 5th now? Can he mix it with Merc for a change?

It's there and there, if it was indeed because of damage during the qualifying it's not really their fault - according to finnish sport news, the actual reason for the penalty was the fact that Grosjean already got a free pass with similar incident, and that after that incident Lotus should have made sure similar small damage wouldn't cause the car to not pass the check

So Webber bogged down at the start, Kimi out, Alonso behind Massa and Hamilton stuck behind Hulk again? Fuck me, Vettel would probably have won this championship in a tractor the way the rest just hand it to him.

edit - lol it's not even Hulk, it's Guitierrez. Dear oh dear.

Last edited by a moderator:
So Webber bogged down at the start, Kimi out, Alonso behind Massa and Hamilton stuck behind Hulk again? Fuck me, Vettel would probably have won this championship in a tractor the way the rest just hand it to him.

edit - lol it's not even Hulk, it's Guitierrez. Dear oh dear.

True...its the most boring second season half I've ever witnessed...have to force me to watch...booo

Well, no need for excuses any more tbh. Sure the Red Bull is much faster but Vettel just gets the job done while the "competition" goes from bad to worse. Hamilton's recent performance have been pathetic, Alonso looks like he's finished and Kimi has been shown up by his team mate. Really poor stuff by them all, Vettel would have won the last 7 races even without the upgrades.

Ouch, Kimi revealed in finnish interview that Lotus hasn't paid him a single dime so far for this season

edit:
...and according to autosport Kimi has told Lotus that he might not drive rest of the races (after abu dhabi?) if the team doesn't sort their payments quickly

Ok, why doesn't the case go to the court, or it has already been sent? :rolleyes:

have to force me to watch

I am also so sicken of it that I begin to forget there is F1 at all :D

Well, no need for excuses any more tbh. Sure the Red Bull is much faster but Vettel just gets the job done while the "competition" goes from bad to worse. Hamilton's recent performance have been pathetic, Alonso looks like he's finished and Kimi has been shown up by his team mate. Really poor stuff by them all, Vettel would have won the last 7 races even without the upgrades.

I really don't get what goes on in that head of yours...

Alonso started 11th and finished 5th in a car that is arguably, in the best case, 3rd fastest at this moment. How can you expect him to do better? If there is one driver on the grid that over the past years has shown that he is capable of salvaging just out everything there is the salvage in almost every race then it's Alonso.

Ok, why doesn't the case go to the court, or it has already been sent? :rolleyes:
Don't know, but he's said it in Sky interview now too

- Have you ever considered not racing this weekend?
- umm, yes

-...you've not been paid, particularily up to date
-...I haven't been paid a single euro this year

--

Buut now, according to Autosport, Räikkönens manager and Lopez have laid out a "payment plan" or some such which keeps both parties happy enough, and Kimi will race the rest of the season
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111095

Back