Xbox 360 memory unit on Xbox slim?

Alexko

Veteran
Supporter
Hi,

I should probably preface this by saying I know almost nothing about consoles.

My brother's old Xbox 360 recently died from a case of Red Ring of Death, so we got him a new one. The thing is, I can't seem to figure out how to plug in his old memory card to get his saved games back. It looks like this:

XBOX360_memory_card_512MB_64MB_XBOX_360_memory_card.jpg

Apparently Microsoft has come to its senses and moved to USB, but have they completely removed support for old memory cards? Do I need an adapter? Is there a hidden slot somewhere on the console I'm too stupid to find?

Thanks.

I'm not 100% on this, but I think you need to find another old 360 with mem card slots and use it to transfer the saves into a usb stick and then transfer the saves from that stick to the new console.

Dr Evil is correct. There is no official way to connect it to the new slim Xbox 360. However, there are some unofficial adapters out there that should allow you to connect it, but I've never tried them out. So YMMV. Check out eBay.

Tommy McClain

unofficially, you can connect the memory unit to pc usb and use something like horizon or modio to copy it to Xbox flash disk usb

Back