Line spacing, it's destroying my internets ...

MfA

Legend
Look what the damn casuals did to tweakers.net ... information density has more than halved and though I don't usually mind black on white, this is too much fucking white even for me.

Lower information density for news sites which put stories with pictures on the front page it's one thing ... but for sites where the front page is actually an index it's retarded, especially when it was originally aimed at enthusiasts. I can understand they want to appeal to the casual crowds who mostly only come for the pricewatch, but they are destroying their old community in the process.

It's getting to the point where you have to write your own fucking CSS just to not get an aneurysm using these sites ...

Firefox helps too. "View", "Page style", "No style".
The site gets eponentially easier to read :LOL: I don't know what is up with the tiny text they use.

Well...I guess it's for making the links easier to hit on smartphones/tablets.

Quoted for truth. Be prepared for the web to be more and more tablet and smartphone optimized. Tiny text links are very difficult to select on such devices.

Anything more than 1 space is truncated
I also cant have the word leader in my nickname
it should be Darlek Leader not Darlek ****** (and yes I know Ive spelled Dalek wrong)

The heatmaps are kinda interesting as input on redesign.

And why on b3d can I not put 3 or 4 spaces between some words

It's an HTML thing. Anything greater than one space is automatically truncated to one space unless you use non-breakable spaces (special HTML code). Non-breakable spaces won't be truncated, but they also won't be word wrapped.

Regards,
SB

Back