Star Citizen, Roberts Space Industries - Chris Roberts' life support and retirement fund [2012-]

Anyone here play Starlancer? I never did. Reviews pegged it as somewhat mediocre. Worth playing?

Unless they are designed for atmospheric maneuvers.
Wing Commander 3 and 4 did atmospheric combat. Freelancer and Privateer at least have you auto landing on planets.

But yeah of course it's not realism. It's WW2 in space like Star Wars. Independence War 2 was the most realism oriented game AFAIK, at least from the spaceflight physics angle.

Ive got starlancer, very much a wing commander clone but with a similar back story to freelancer although not as good as prophecy
my main problem was your wingman would engage bandits but nothing else, they wouldnt help you with the mission
Tachyon came out at about the same time and was better...

If you want a space-sim first would be freespace
but if you want something hardcore and challenging and I dont use that word lightly you should try Independence war 1

ps: if you want free see my above post
try the babylon project (mod but its standalone fs2 not needed)

want multiplayer
Alleigence

They're literally a few thousand bucks away from 2 million (combined with the Kickstarter fund) and still have 15 days on the official site and 25 on KS. Seems like it is going to happen!

The additional pages with info on the weapons and ships sounds very Privateer-ish, which is a good thing. I really enjoyed reading the details on ship hulls, different shield types, hard points for weapons, options to protecting your cargo full of illicit goods from being screened by patrols, etc. I might have to Kickstart in at $125 for the Freelancer.

I dug up some fun Freelancer previews. Star Citizen is giving me flashbacks to this stuff.

I recall some talk of Privateer 3 / Privateer Online and Wing Commander Online too but I am not finding those articles.

They've announced stretch goals on Kickstarter, which is a bit weird for a game that literally still depends on separate, private funding to ever actually get made.

They've announced stretch goals on Kickstarter, which is a bit weird for a game that literally still depends on separate, private funding to ever actually get made.

All those stretch goals will be made someday, but finalizing funds now will accelerate development process and they will be able to provide them 30 months from now, on launch or even sooner.

They will be basically hire more people sooner and thats its about.

I'm one of those who REALLY liked Freelancer. I hope the mouse control scheme from that game will be an option in Star Citizen.

Thanks for the reminder, I'm in! Really hope he does well.

I'm one of those who REALLY liked Freelancer. I hope the mouse control scheme from that game will be an option in Star Citizen.

Yup, I thought the mouse controls in Freelancer were well done. Considering I no longer own a joystick and don't really want to "have" to buy one, I hope the mouse control is done well in Star Citizen.

Regards,
SB

that reminds me freelancer had no joystick control lets hope that mistake isnt made again
I'm now actually worried since bludd reminded me

Back