Battlefield 4

It is well known that game "reviewers" are nothing more than parrots owned by the publishers. It has been that way for years now. Have you looked at the site IGN lately? LOL!

The whole game review system doesn't even make sense. How can you properly judge an online multiplayer game before it is released?

There may be some exceptions but none come to mind.

So I installed the new patch and opened Battlelog for the first time in a week. At the top of the screen there is a message:
"WE ARE AWARE OF THE SERVER CRASH ISSUE AND ARE WORKING ON A WORKAROUND TO MITIGATE THE ISSUE. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE."

DICE/EA has failed so, so miserably. BF3 wasn't so bad, but after this... let's just say I won't be a day 1 purchaser of BC3 or BF5. Don't think I'll be the only one either.

It's as I said before, the beta was an alpha, and the RTM version is the beta. Don't expect full release quality for another couple of weeks. However, I do have faith that DICE will sort things out, eventually.

The opening scene of BF 4 of the Humvee sinking, where does it come from?
Reminds me of another game.

I am confused here...

Last edited by a moderator:
The opening scene of BF 4 of the Humvee sinking, where does it come from?
Reminds me of another game.

I am confused here...

I felt the same...but remember: this was the part of the BF4 reveal...so that is why it feels deja vu :)

(At least to me)

@homerdog: completely agree with you

Once you're actually in a game it is pretty reliable, it just seems to crash trying to join / between games. Although I've only played it for 21h 19m since release date.

Once you're actually in a game it is pretty reliable, it just seems to crash trying to join / between games. Although I've only played it for 21h 19m since release date.

Pretty reliable? Except the sound on some maps, or some levelution events (which people actually really abuse to turn around close rounds, as they know that 60% get wiped from the server) or the high lag.

I felt the same...but remember: this was the part of the BF4 reveal...so that is why it feels deja vu :)

Wait, what?

Do you mean the same reveal sequence was in BF 3?

I'm getting old and can't remember! :D

Wait, what?

Do you mean the same reveal sequence was in BF 3?

I'm getting old and can't remember! :D

Hehe...no, iirc it was in the BF4 reveal trailer!

But bloody hell...you just managed to confuse me as well ?!? Lol...we need help from a third person!

That scene is just a "flash forward" to the bit after the helicopter is chasing you a few chapters later. They skip making you do exactly the same thing again; you're supposed to mentally filly in the bit where you shoot the window out and then you continue with the swimming part.

It's a bit weird the way they play it out, but it's just that scene pulled back and put at the start of the game to get that movie-style "how did they get into this situation?" dramatic effect.

And indeed that's the scene they showed in the BF4 reveal/trailer too.

Pretty reliable? Except the sound on some maps, or some levelution events (which people actually really abuse to turn around close rounds, as they know that 60% get wiped from the server) or the high lag.

The lag does seem to depend on where the server is. Sound issue seems to be solved by shooting your weapon (sound comes back).

Couldn't you 'abuse' the levolution events in the same way?

The lag does seem to depend on where the server is. Sound issue seems to be solved by shooting your weapon (sound comes back).

Couldn't you 'abuse' the levolution events in the same way?

Yeah...lag really fluctuates quite strong...but this really gets on my nerves as my ping-o-meter is always < 30ms...which should be quite good imo (same problem in bf3, the ping actually doesn't give you the right picture).

In my cases, I played whole rounds without sound and everything...with shooting weapons and stuff! Occasionally, I heard some voice from the battlefield commander...

I don't want to trigger an event that disconnects half of the people on the server due to a bug just to win a round!

when will DICE fix the super small HUD :(

playing on 19inch PC, its small but visible. Playing on 14inch laptop, ouch. I cant read the speed indicator.

btw commander mode eat too much bandwidth. Why it needs about 20-50KB/s bandwidth.

Does EA own the ip? Would probably be better at somepoint to let someone like respawn develop it so we get a better MP.

A 2 year cycle of titanfall/bf could be awesome and both done by respawn.

Nothing, they haven't released anything yet. He's just hyped.

Yeah, Respawn is comprised of the original Infinity Ward people, who know how to make kick ass MP games (that actually work at launch).

Back