Battlefield 4

Okay I figured it out: the SP campaign is broken if you change to Toggle zoom instead of hold. That is, you can't use binoculars or the "tactical vision" with Toggle enabled.

Is the multiplayer also broken if you like to toggle?

BTW this is a fantastic game. A total blast. Dunno what the reviewers are thinking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah now the SP campaign is truly broken for me. I am at the part where I'm in the boat trying to get back to the ship, and there are invisible helicopters attacking me :LOL:
It doesn't matter if you actually get to the boat, as I assume you must destroy the invisible helicopters to end the mission.

I think DICE should stick to building engines :p

THe campaign is super buggy on the ps3 too, something that wasn't the case with bf3. The bullet "streaks" effect, glowing lines, just hangs in the air at many places after a firefight, I go prone with the grenade launcher and I magically keep crawling forward for no damn reason ! Bah ! I gave up.

time t go back to MP. Floodzone and Zavod 311 seem fun, even on the ps3. My ps3 froze in the middle of a mach in Floodzone. Sorry I am posting here, but the bugs seem to be on both sides. looks like a rushed game to me.

I don't bother to report the minor bugs, like machine gun sounds getting stuck on loop and graphical oddities. That stuff is a given for a Battlefield game (although surprisingly absent in Bad Company 2).

how you guys enable 3D stereo in BF4?
The 3D option that available on BF3 are gone on BF4.

manual config file edit are needed?

Lot's of sound bugs (although I think server related) and lots of crashes...I fear that when I put in MSAA or so, my game gets unstable an crashes in MP after a minute, no probs in SP.

I didn't find a hardcore server yesterday...so went to normal...man, I got my ass handed! No chance...lol, I am dying like always. Didn't even manage to kill someone with the sniper...hoping that in hardcore mode, a single shot sniper in the breast region and above is a kill.

Overall...MP is fantastic as a game. Get rid of all the bugs, all the stability issues and increase performance on certain maps...then I am happy that I spend 120 Euros for BF4.

yup, even on the ps3, MP is fantastic.Paracel Storm, Floodzone, Golmud Railway, Rogue Transmission(man it looks so beautiful, please bring some screens in the screens thread PC guys :D )....the maps are fab ! can't wait for my eventual PC or PS4 plunge.

Good news: I got past that part by restarting and playing the entire mission over again (I was at the very end).

Bad news: Game crashed right when I completed the mission. :LOL:

What a big ridden mess of a game. No I'm not doing any overclocking or anything weird like that. My system is clean as a whistle.

My recommendation is to not buy this game for at least a month.

Bf1942=great
Bf2=superb
bc2=ok
Bf3=epic fail
BF4=killed in action.

Boring gameplay, time to kill with the bad netcode simply pure bad design decisions.
tried things all over but it just is boring.
all the fun with different incarnations and when BC2 still holds more fun than Bf4 dice gone down the rabbithole and never coming back

yups BC2 more fun than BF4.

and.... i though DICE says that they make the map bigger on BF4?
but what i get is.. the map about 3/4 to 1/2 SMALLER than BF3.
the air height also much LOWER than BF3.

the Levolution also did not give much change in a few maps (for example lancang damn).

Then DICE also still use the horrible tint filter on some maps. I hope REALMWARE finally able to release their colour tweaker and please DICE, PLEASE let them be.
or i will need to hack away with sweetfx. Its not optimal, but much better than not be able to use realmware.

but the most irritating are the AI AA :(

other that those things, the game quite good. For those that have not played battlefield, sure they will be in awe with BF4.

Last edited by a moderator:
How is it even possible for DICE to iterate on the same formula for so many years and still get it so wrong at launch. Aren't these guys learning from past experience? I'm sure it'll get better just like BF3 did but why do we have to go through this every single time?

http://bf4central.com/2013/10/battlefield-4-unplayable-pc/

It is really a pain to play on pc...honestly: it shows that DICE is a mid-tier developer only imo.

If gamers, including me, weren't such sheep...we wouldn't buy the game at all.

I also really blame the gaming press: why don't they freaking lower the score down to 5/10. They must have all experienced the issues...why not clearly report it and reflect it in the score.

DICE know how to make good MP gameplay. But they don't know about online gaming technology...and will never learn imo (we have the problem since...like ever!) until they start to replace the people in the important positions that have the right capabilities.

Meh.

It is really a pain to play on pc...honestly: it shows that DICE is a mid-tier developer only imo.

Hey do you know if the game finally supports the 360 gamepad properly? I tried playing the last game but gamepad support was incomplete so I abandoned it.

That's what I'm hoping to find out, to determine if i buy the game or pass on it.

Sorry joker...did not test. One of the rare games that I play with K&M even in SP...but I'll just tell you that the campaign is about 4h in normal, fairly easy and really not spectacular. It is still a bit fun...as a graphical show case and some 'sandbox' type mini sections...

ps: have you tried a direct input supporting gamepad ?

I only use the 360 gamepad. It kinda/sorta worked on bf3 where you can play parts of it just fine, but then you'd end up in encounters where it would say "press the space key" or something like that and there was no way to go further with just gamepad, so I gave up.

Sorry joker...did not test. One of the rare games that I play with K&M even in SP...but I'll just tell you that the campaign is about 4h in normal, fairly easy and really not spectacular. It is still a bit fun...as a graphical show case and some 'sandbox' type mini sections...

Hmm ok I'll search around and see what people say. I don't mind the 4hr campaign really, sometimes I just like a quick fix and then just move on to something else.

Back