Battlefield 4

OMG some website!? REALLY!!

You know what else? I saw on some website that ALIENS ARE REAL AND THEY ARE COMING

I've seen people elsewhere commenting, and I was asking if someone here had better information, because it didn't make much sense, and now looking at the source
http://www.hardwarepal.com/battlefield-4-cpu-gpu-benchmarks/13/
(never heard of this website before, so some website still applies)

it looks strange, it's from 25 days ago, so it was using the open beta... and I don't know how they've reached this ram usage...

here it was less than 3 (for the game, total over 4), but much lower settings and res.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that's total bullshit. The game will not be using 9GB of RAM. Probably won't use much more than 4GB, if even that.

Well if it's a 64bit executable and in the beta if its garbage collection isn't tuned very well, isn't it plausible at least?

Lord knows what happens in the beta. I mean in the final release.

Speaking of which, I just ordered the game on Origin. Downloading now! Here's hoping my 8GB of RAM won't hamper my experience :LOL:

I see they raised the price to $70 for the full version. Fair enough I guess considering the number of hours I spend in a Battlefield game.
What really irks me is that the Premium version (which amounts to a few more MP maps) is a whopping $110! Holy fuckballs batman!!

Lord knows what happens in the beta. I mean in the final release.

Speaking of which, I just ordered the game on Origin. Downloading now! Here's hoping my 8GB of RAM won't hamper my experience :LOL:

I see they raised the price to $70 for the full version. Fair enough I guess considering the number of hours I spend in a Battlefield game.
What really irks me is that the Premium version (which amounts to a few more MP maps) is a whopping $110! Holy fuckballs batman!!

I paid 120 Euros for my preorder (digital deluxe plus premium)...to put it into context, this is more than a quarter of the price of a PS4...damn you EA, what have you done with DICE?!?

Is there a reason to not immediately open the pre-order battlepacks?

Can't wait to get home tonight and bask in the glory of the single player campaign.

I ordered a glass of 25 yr macallan the other day by mistake. Cost me $95. $110 for a couple hundred hours of BF4 doesn't seem so bad in comparison :LOL:

The chaps over at HARDOCP have posted a tip for playing Battlefield 4 on Windows PC they came up with while putting the military shooter sequel through its paces for their technical evaluation. They encountered some odd results in the game's antialiasing, and have this preliminary tip for users looking to improve the game's visuals: We are hard at work testing BF4, and the first thing we discovered was that the textures did not seem up to par for a new Frostbite 3 engine game. We quickly found out that by turning the "Antialiasing Post" (inherently FXAA) graphics setting to "Off," fixed this problem. The textures were now much sharper, clearer, and the fidelity in the entire game was better.

Post AA seems to be adding blur over the entire image, even though it does reduce aliasing on everything. It is the nature of FXAA, but it seems apparently bad in BF4 according to our testing so far.

ps: looks like the single player isnt up to much
"a campaign that otherwise seems hellbent on throwing you forward, or down, or out of something — just about every chapter ends with your character getting tossed out of something at high speed and/or losing consciousness. Battlefield 4's campaign is a jumbled, minimally coherent collection of guided shooter clichés. It isn't just forgettable, it's consistently, often willfully stupid."

It follows the scheme i first noticed with deadspace 3 and then with tomb raider (collapsing walkway simulators)

I ordered a glass of 25 yr macallan the other day by mistake. Cost me $95. $110 for a couple hundred hours of BF4 doesn't seem so bad in comparison :LOL:

Okay I gotta ask - was it worth it? I mean, was it that much better than a $12 glass?

Was out to dinner at a decent place with my ex gf last night and she ordered a glass of cabernet and it was $12 I was like DAMN I could buy a quality title on Steam for that!!
Actually I kept that to myself but I thought it :D Even after she ordered another... trust me later on it was worth it :devilish:

The chaps over at HARDOCP have posted a tip for playing Battlefield 4 on Windows PC they came up with while putting the military shooter sequel through its paces for their technical evaluation. They encountered some odd results in the game's antialiasing, and have this preliminary tip for users looking to improve the game's visuals: We are hard at work testing BF4, and the first thing we discovered was that the textures did not seem up to par for a new Frostbite 3 engine game. We quickly found out that by turning the "Antialiasing Post" (inherently FXAA) graphics setting to "Off," fixed this problem. The textures were now much sharper, clearer, and the fidelity in the entire game was better.

Post AA seems to be adding blur over the entire image, even though it does reduce aliasing on everything. It is the nature of FXAA, but it seems apparently bad in BF4 according to our testing so far.

ps: looks like the single player isnt up to much
"a campaign that otherwise seems hellbent on throwing you forward, or down, or out of something — just about every chapter ends with your character getting tossed out of something at high speed and/or losing consciousness. Battlefield 4's campaign is a jumbled, minimally coherent collection of guided shooter clichés. It isn't just forgettable, it's consistently, often willfully stupid."

It follows the scheme i first noticed with deadspace 3 and then with tomb raider (collapsing walkway simulators)

I'm sure it's a lot like the BF3 campaign, i.e. very pretty and pretty fun but also pretty forgettable. Alas I am a sucker for pretty games.

Read the first performance review today from some Russian site. Looks like my GTX670 performs about the same or slightly under my 7950. When Mantle arrives I'll probly swap in the 7950.

Also it was interesting to see that this game gets a nice boost from Hyperthreading on the quad core Intel CPUs. Even so, the regular i5 quads maintain >60fps minimum so it is a moot point.

Okay I gotta ask - was it worth it? I mean, was it that much better than a $12 glass?

Was out to dinner at a decent place with my ex gf last night and she ordered a glass of cabernet and it was $12 I was like DAMN I could buy a quality title on Steam for that!!
Actually I kept that to myself but I thought it :D Even after she ordered another... trust me later on it was worth it :devilish:

Haha nope, of course it wasn't worth it. The sad part is I only found out the price after finishing the drink. Otherwise I would've savored it :LOL:

Maybe it's just NY but there are a lot of things that cost $60 that provide much less value than a game. The main reason I don't buy games at full launch price is that I'm still working through a gigantic backlog of stuff from earlier sales.

Oh, didn't notice that you were in NYC. Here in South Carolina (even in Charleston) you probly won't find any places serving $95 glasses of wine. You may even have trouble finding a $95 bottle lol.

Just encountered my first game breaking glitch in the starter mission!

When the squad leader asks me to use the binocs to scout the area, I press and hold Q but nothing happens. It's a known issue.
http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/Can-t-use-binocular-in-campaign/m-p/1722703

Fixed it by changed Zoom back to Hold from Toggle.

DICE should playtest their games at least once I think before release. That way they could discover simple bugs and fix them. Dang I should be a game developer with genius ideas like that...

Oh, didn't notice that you were in NYC. Here in South Carolina (even in Charleston) you probly won't find any places serving $95 glasses of wine. You may even have trouble finding a $95 bottle lol.

Sorry about the off-topic, but I just got to ask - you hear about a drink with a Scottish sounding name, which is 25 years old and you think wine? :D And by the way surprisingly $95 at a bar doesn't sound THAT much considering that this bottle most probably costs at least a couple of hundred dollars (probably even north of $500) when bought from the store. Then again I'm thinking about 100ml glasses and trinibwoy is probably talking about something less than 50ml :).

Sorry about the off-topic, but I just got to ask - you hear about a drink with a Scottish sounding name, which is 25 years old and you think wine? :D And by the way surprisingly $95 at a bar doesn't sound THAT much considering that this bottle most probably costs at least a couple of hundred dollars (probably even north of $500) when bought from the store. Then again I'm thinking about 100ml glasses and trinibwoy is probably talking about something less than 50ml :).
Heh, busted. I don't know shit about wines or liquors. I drink beer. And I typically pay a lot less that $12 for a beer :smile:

Well said, but they never played bf3 so why change old habits ?

The final scene of BF3 was broken when played on my old rig with a Core 2 Duo and GTX260, and remains broken to this day even after a clean Windows install. The final boss man is invisible and apparently invincible every time :D.
An earlier mission in the game had the same problem with some allies that were driving me around in a car, but after about 7 retries they magically appeared. They have and have always had shitty QA.

Played for half an hour...looks fantastic! Some very nice looking moments...gameplay up to now is standard.

I don't like that you 'gain' now points during the campaign and unlock weapons and so on...also the points being displayed when you kill...to much MP style in my SP...

So far so good...will finish SP before jumping into MP.

Back