Battlefield 4

Adding to bf3 buglist
- coop session are stuck when one player crash
Result is unable to play coop for 12 hours.

Btw this weekend I will come back to my pc so I should be able to better play and enjoy bf4 than on laptop.

Let see what happen, does it become fun game and allow destruction freedom like bfbc2? Wohoo can't wait to play on pc

When does the beta go openfor all ?

BTW, hearing from some console friends that this map is too big for 24 players. Things might be getting better already.

Last edited by a moderator:
When does the beta go openfor all ?

BTW, hearing from some console friends that this map is too big for 24 players. Things might be getting better already.

Yeah I won't join a server with less than 48 or so. You would just be playing musical chairs with the objectives.

yay BF4 beta cant run at all on my PC although it was running fine on my laptop (but only 20fps).
EDIT
oooh, some people suggest BF4 run very good on Windows 8.
I guess thats what make BF4 works on my laptop? Laptop on 8.1, PC on 7.

gonna install win 8 trial on different partition right about NOW :D

Last edited by a moderator:
The beta murders my trusty old Q9550 (all cores at 100%) and uses up every drop of my 4GB of RAM. Also seems to use all 2GB of RAM on my graphics card.

The graphics quality doesn't justify that kinda load but it's still an excuse to build a new rig!

I played on the ps3 and the gameplay seems very very different from BF3. Can't put my finger on it, but this isn't the game I have been playing for the last two years.

Is there any log of what exactly has changed? Sometimes it feels like old BF2, which feels great, but sometimes I get the vibes of COD. Has the recoil been reduced on all guns, cos I haven't felt much of recoil in any of the guns I used. I had to control the guns in BF3, nere it just seems like " aim and fire". Maybe, i am wrong.

What are your impressions till now?

The beta murders my trusty old Q9550 (all cores at 100%) and uses up every drop of my 4GB of RAM. Also seems to use all 2GB of RAM on my graphics card.

The graphics quality doesn't justify that kinda load but it's still an excuse to build a new rig!

the game uses very little over 4GB here (I have 8), looks like 6GB would be more than enough,
as for CPU loads, that seems normal for quad cores, even core i5s running the game with decent framerates, talking about it, what kind of FPS the Q9550 allow you to see?

anyway, first thing I did was disable post AA and enable msaa2x, looked nice, now I'm playing without any AA and "blur", just higher internal res looks a lot cleaner.

Except for lower player count (IMO, the game is made for 24-32players) and pay to play (psn is free, uptill now atleast) , yes, all those trade offs for a game that just works.

I'd change that to 'has a better chance of just working' console games can have issues too (PS3 Skyrim for example) and PC gaming can "just work" as well - in fact it usually does, crippling issues are the exception, not the rule.

For example my BF3 "just works" and I still get all the advantages mentioned previously. And you know what, I paid less for it to. I'm sure you can see how i'd be unimpressed by any argument for the console version.

I'd change that to 'has a better chance of just working' console games can have issues too (PS3 Skyrim for example) and PC gaming can "just work" as well - in fact it usually does, crippling issues are the exception, not the rule.

For example my BF3 "just works" and I still get all the advantages mentioned previously. And you know what, I paid less for it to. I'm sure you can see how i'd be unimpressed by any argument for the console version.

Yes, of course. So do so many of my other PC games. They all also just worked. Except for BF3, though ! (and Diablo 3, but I didn't buy the PC version due to online DRMs ). I did pay less than the PS3 version for it, but now its just blocking HDD space on my pc, not working at all.

My money was better spent on the console version, for sure :) ! Hope BF4 doesn't go that way. Not pre ordering on PC for now, will wait and watch for issues. Otherwise, I will opt for the ps4 version.

It looks similar with bf3 but instead of blue or green tinted, bf4 are greyscale-ey.
The lowest quality also give more cinematic effect (sun coloring sky and can be blocked by heli blade)

There was a news that dice did not put away bfbc series. So maybe they will focus bf4 to be more cod-ish (linear, fast paced)

And use bfbc for slower and more freedom in strategic destruction (and of course more colours)

from the console forum
Both betas are awful though. I've experienced console freezing on both of them and there are times with the 360 version where the textures just fail to load.

the game uses very little over 4GB here (I have 8), looks like 6GB would be more than enough,
as for CPU loads, that seems normal for quad cores, even core i5s running the game with decent framerates, talking about it, what kind of FPS the Q9550 allow you to see?

Did two fraps runs with everything set to low/off and everything set to ultra. Both runs averaged 35fps :)

I really wish I knew what the game was doing to be this demanding with all graphics settings on low. I don't see anything special vs bf3. Maybe my system is screwed up somehow.

hmm, when i fly around its averaging in 45 fps (but sometimes on 70 fps).
its when playing on ground or near ground that the fps goes crazy.

lag-spike on connection also, surprisingly, affecting the fps. weird :/

btw now i have accustomed with the radar :D
yay for brain ability to repair broken image automatically :D

What do you guys think of the shock paddle nerf? When I first read about it, it seemed a fine way to stop the medic trains but having played it it seems they went too far in the other direction.

Also, this map doesn't feel like BF for me. I'm not talking about domination, which is strictly CoD. And in every match the damned building is destroyed within 5 mins. The talk about boats everywhere is a lie, I see maybe one or two boats in the entire round. The minor scripted elements (raising bridge stops, opening the mall shutters) feel like a gimmick. Maybe they'll be relevant when the community has more experience with the game...

Graphics are slightly better but some things (like the aforementioned destroyed C flag) looks pretty awful next to the water. Just gray-ish brown dirt that is not affected at all by the surrounding water.

Networking-wise the game feels looser somehow and I get a lot of variability in lag conditions which was rare in BF3. It could be because it's a beta but I worry they changed too much under the hood.

The spawn map is a big improvement and so is the kill-cam, etc. Battlelog seems more different than better. Changing load out is good, overall stats are skimpy.

Overall, not grabbing me like the BF3 beta. Still likely to get it, we'll see.

What do you guys think of the shock paddle nerf? When I first read about it, it seemed a fine way to stop the medic trains but having played it it seems they went too far in the other direction.

Also, this map doesn't feel like BF for me. I'm not talking about domination, which is strictly CoD. And in every match the damned building is destroyed within 5 mins. The talk about boats everywhere is a lie, I see maybe one or two boats in the entire round. The minor scripted elements (raising bridge stops, opening the mall shutters) feel like a gimmick. Maybe they'll be relevant when the community has more experience with the game...

Graphics are slightly better but some things (like the aforementioned destroyed C flag) looks pretty awful next to the water. Just gray-ish brown dirt that is not affected at all by the surrounding water.

Networking-wise the game feels looser somehow and I get a lot of variability in lag conditions which was rare in BF3. It could be because it's a beta but I worry they changed too much under the hood.

The spawn map is a big improvement and so is the kill-cam, etc. Battlelog seems more different than better. Changing load out is good, overall stats are skimpy.

Overall, not grabbing me like the BF3 beta. Still likely to get it, we'll see.

So the defibrillator has been nerfed ! No wonder I was hardly getting any revives. Most of the time the guy just died by the time I got to him. Has the revive distance been reduced? What exactly has been changed?

As for the skyscraper, I feel really bad to that ppl just destroy it right at the beginning. The most fun part of the map is on the top of the building, and the building is rubble before you know it. Hopefully people won't do it so soon when they have had their fill of seeing it falling.

As for kill cam, well, snipers won't be able hide anymore. I didn't have any problems with previous kill cam, nor do I have with this one. If you ask, I prefer the old one, as it felt more "realistic", in the sense that we can't magically see who killed us and where he was.

Maybe its just me, but too much has changed from BF3. I am playing better after spending a day with it now, but still it hasn't becom second nature yet. The gameplay just doesn't feel like BF3. Good or bad, can't decide yet, but it isn't what I had gotten used to. Which is good in a way, otherwsie it would have felt like a DLC map pack.

BTW, do any of you get the BF2 'feel' sometimes? I am talking about playing as infantry. Can't put my finger onit but sometimes I get that vibe. Also, are some classes slower in movement than before, especially Support?

So the defibrillator has been nerfed ! No wonder I was hardly getting any revives. Most of the time the guy just died by the time I got to him. Has the revive distance been reduced? What exactly has been changed?

Now you can only revive someone to 20hp unless you charge the paddles but timing it correctly is tricky and I've not yet found an indicator signaling it's ready to go full charge.

I can count with just one hand how many times I've been revived. In most rounds, I'm responsible for over half the revives of everyone on either team. I've played with enough people to see they are high enough to have gotten the shock paddles. If I had to guess I think most people feel the way I do: there's just way too much risk in using them for so little gain.

As for kill cam, well, snipers won't be able hide anymore. I didn't have any problems with previous kill cam, nor do I have with this one. If you ask, I prefer the old one, as it felt more "realistic", in the sense that we can't magically see who killed us and where he was.

Well, in real-life snipers should relocate often but what you say is true. Maybe if they showed this cam but in freeze-frame so that if Snipers move 10 feet away we can't see them move. :p

Maybe its just me, but too much has changed from BF3. I am playing better after spending a day with it now, but still it hasn't becom second nature yet. The gameplay just doesn't feel like BF3. Good or bad, can't decide yet, but it isn't what I had gotten used to. Which is good in a way, otherwsie it would have felt like a DLC map pack.

I feel the same. I think it's the map coupled with the looseness of the weapons and netcode. BF3 feels really tight, this doesn't.

BTW, do any of you get the BF2 'feel' sometimes? I am talking about playing as infantry. Can't put my finger onit but sometimes I get that vibe. Also, are some classes slower in movement than before, especially Support?

I only play assault so I couldn't say. I do get flashes of Karkand around the D, E flags but to tell you the truth objective-wise the map reminds me more of a mini wake island with buildings probably because of the U-shape disposition and hightened importance of the C flag (pre-destruction). Overall though this map could become like Seine crossing: a good map to have on the rotation to break up all the caspian border and operation firestorm.

I get why DICE chose this map for the beta (same as choosing Metro for the first BF3 open beta) but I hope they give us a real BF map with rolling hills/aircraft carriers/the whole shebang.

I have a fairly high end rig and it is stuttery as hell for the first minute of a match. After that it seems to smooth out. I recall the BF3 beta being poorly optimized as well, so I'm not too worried.

Back