Battlefield 4

-delete your complete netcode and build a bew one from scratch. There is inherent fundamental online lag in this game. Even my ping says 10, there is often so much lag that it makes me cry like a little douche bag full of pink unicorns...my most favorite: i jump behind cover while under fire, and a second after I am safe behind my cover, I still feel the bullets hit me, hit me, hit me...dead. Technically the game is genius, except the netcode...

The alternative would be that you shoot people who from your POV were just about to go round a corner and you don't get a hit registered, which is much worse. It was annoying for me at first, but the way to think of it is that your avatar was shot, and only 'realised' it a moment later, which is often how bullets affect heroes in movies.

I know, quake etc. but there is so much going on in this game you can't possibly believe that they can have near zero lag between what you see and what everybody else on the server sees.

The person actually shot you before you went round the corner. It just took a moment for that to register on your client. Remember how bad it was in BC2? BF3 netcode is a joy. In BF3 when I accurately aim at people I hit them.

On the subject of BF4
  • Battle Recorder is a no brainer. That was an unbelieveable marketing opportunity missed.
  • New FPS gameplay element. BF3's most innovative gameplay feature was probably suppression. It came as a surprise to me and I guess most people who'd never thought of it, but it works really well. I'm interested to see how they can innovate FPS gameplay in BF4, or if they even try to. It's going to be pretty dissapointing if they don't.
  • Actual support for eSports, to make it an excellent viewing experience. All they need (presuming Battle Recorder exists) is a decent spectator mode with a reasonable UI for streaming. Don't worry too much about balance, leagues and tournaments will allow/disallow certain weapons/maps/gadgets quite happily on their own.
  • No single player campaign. Anyone who has played battlefield knows that dumb bots on existing MP maps are infinitely more fun and replayable than carbon copy COD, especially if we can have our friends join us. Sure we could have both, but the development resources should all be going into multiplayer.

Last edited by a moderator:
make bf4 like bfbc2 and I will be happy.

look al the
user interface. it's too crowded on bf3

map. bfbc2 a lot more useful and simple

weapon chooser menu. why I need to die to choose weapon on bf3? where is the weapon stat like on bfbc2?

spawn menu. why I can't click the map to chooses spawn point?

et cetera. ...

so many things dice already did well in bfbc2 is nowhere to he seen on bf3.

does bf3 already being produced before bfbc2?

built-in VoIP

I agree with bigtabs on having dumb bots instead of a 4 hour scripted SP campaign.

Expand objective types on rush (i.e. more like Enemy Territory).

More maps on release. If the engine is not rewritten from scratch, use as many from BF3 as possible.

More than 1 char per account.

BF3 version looks to be far more realistic. What you're asking for sounds like Counterstrike style running around knife frenzy which would seem very out of place in Battlefield.

Realistic enough for the same 2 or 3 melee kill animations *sarcasm*. The only reason they went the route they did was because it's an "in" thing over the past few years, and it facilitates making it easier for consolers and their inferior FPS controlling method.

Yes, BF2's knifing got super crazy when two guys were sprinting around and jumping over eachother like banshees trying to knife eachother. But you know what? It was hella-fun and such a thrill. It took skill and great timing to actual manage to hit the enemy as opposed to just holding the "win" (melee) button in close enough proximity or at the height of close combat.

Obviously you never played BF2 so you don't realize how cheap BF3's melee truly is. In fact, I think many of BF3's features cheapened the BF experience, like the "he's right there!" spotting system, and much of the deeper strategy is gone. Oh yeah and the points for anything and everything system is pretty lame too. The whole "everybody succeeds!" shit really needs to be buried into the ground. The broader BF3 experience is pretty excellent, but it's obvious that their are certain casual tendencies in the gameplay, even though it still takes great overarching skill to be the absolute best. It's just a fine example of what happens when devs cater to a broader and more casual market, but I guess it's what it takes to survive these days :rolleyes: It's because of those points I mentioned that I can truly appreciate Red Orchestra 2 and it's brilliance in sticking to authenticity and realism while still retaining great fun factor.

Wrong thread, and no. However that does raise an interesting point: I wonder if they'll encourage modding in BF4? Highly doubt it, but would really boost sales on PC in my opinion.

Naval combat? If there are subs, there are bigger ships and boats.

Btw there will be day night cycle complete with tanks that have headlights?

There 2 new almost identical picture of tanks running in a rain. One picture have no headlights, the other have them turned on.

Sorry electricity blackout, can't post pic

I wish they'd port every BF3 map into 4 maybe with slight upgrade of visuals / game modes.

I also wish it had a true team-oriented objective-driven mode like Wolf: ET and ETQW to complement the classic modes. While I'm dreaming, ETQW's deployables would be mighty fine too.

here the vehicles headlight

base.jpg

bg.jpg

That will be really annoying in gameplay. puny little Flashlight on BF3 already make the screen white.

here the vehicles headlight

base.jpg

bg.jpg

That will be really annoying in gameplay. puny little Flashlight on BF3 already make the screen white.

Interesting. One of those buildings looks a little like Seattle's Space Needle. The screenshot with the headlights makes me wonder if it's hinting towards a day/night cycle, something I've been wanting for a long time.

Quoted from Facebook:

"Get your first look at Battlefield 4 gameplay.

At 11 PM on March 26th we will reveal the next installment in DICE and EA’s award winning Battlefield franchise."

Please! Please! Please! give us a mini map/map system that works and is usefull.

In BF2 you could use the map and mini map to help orient and guide you, and it also helped you learn all of the varied and big maps.

It hurts to look over at the BF3 minimap!!
It takes a few seconds at first glance just to understand wtf is going on, where you are, what your facing, and whats around you..

Every zoom level on the mini map has a different position/orientation (WTFF!) and player icons are so inconsistent.

The scale on everything is off!! (between landscape features and icons).
The only useable zoom level because of that is the super zoomed in one, but then you loose out on seeing the other 97.6% of the map..
Using the other zoom levels leaves you with this jumbled cluster of crz icons and markers and are thrown off in orientation..
and the "fullscreen" map (2x the size of the mini map) is no help at all..

In a series like Battlefield a good clean and clear map is essential for locating resources for both your allies and enemies.
With the bigger maps it becomes more of a tool!
Knowing what base is where in relation to your position, and what vehicles are at your disposal at all times helps tremendously!!

A good map also helps keep the screen clear of hud map markers, position markers, enemy markers, and so on..
They werent needed in battlefield 2, wasnt expecting the screen clutter in 3.

It's too late for hoping something is done in BF3, but i hope this gets to someone over at DICE!
Good maps make for good referencing!!

Oh and someone mentioned it up there but it would also be sweet to be able to select spawn points on the map dead or alive..along with selecting your loadout.. >_<

The mini map on bfbc2 are much more useful than bf3.

Even the map on spawn screen is better on bfbc2.

It seems dice did not use what they have on bfbc2 to make bf3.
It's like both project running in paralel in development in different team but not share knowledge.

If bf4 is made by sharing knowledge of bfbc2 team then the UI should be better than bf3

i know its a small aspect of the game to complain about, but i loved the mini map/map system in Battlefield 2, never played BFBC2 but id imagine the maps cant be any less usefull then the BF3 maps..

HOOK IT UP DICE!!

I really believed in DICE when they said they were gonna update the mini map to include the satellite images of the maps instead of only the simple outlines, i really thought it would somehow make magic.

From bf2 to bfbc2 I'm a bit confused as the map. Then it's all fine.

From bfbc2 to bf3,I'm really confused with the map on mini map and on spawn screen.

For the worst part, there so many things displayed on screen distracting my attention. It's hard to know what mcon or flag getting attacked on bf3 compared to bfbc2.

I'd this trend continues then bf4 will have
Triangle, health bar, perk, squad number, kill, all
above character head.

Ugh.

the game is very pretty, but i wish there was the option to remove all of the different markers on screen at one time.

Interesting. One of those buildings looks a little like Seattle's Space Needle. The screenshot with the headlights makes me wonder if it's hinting towards a day/night cycle, something I've been wanting for a long time.

Quoted from Facebook:

"Get your first look at Battlefield 4 gameplay.

At 11 PM on March 26th we will reveal the next installment in DICE and EA’s award winning Battlefield franchise."

What time zone is that? I thought it was gonna be on the 27th !

Back