NGGP: NextGen Garbage Pile (aka: No one reads the topics or stays on topic) *spawn*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read that no used game/always on is all but confirmed for Durango. Well, if thats the case, and they also have considerably weaker hardware (and more complex too), they can fuck of.

I seriously don't understand what the hell is wrong with that company in last two years, seems like its been ran by bunch of Kudo Tsunoda clones and self proclaimed marketing "gurus". Fuck, I'm pissed off!

My God where did it go wrong...:cry:
bach_allard.jpg

Where did you read such a thing, if you say from an 'insider' over at neogaf I might have to send you a virtual slap to bring you to your senses.

Just read that no used game/always on is all but confirmed for Durango. Well, if thats the case, and they also have considerably weaker hardware (and more complex too), they can fuck of.

I seriously don't understand what the hell is wrong with that company in last two years, seems like its been ran by bunch of Kudo Tsunoda clones and self proclaimed marketing "gurus". Fuck, I'm pissed off!

bach_allard.jpg

Didn't sony say publisher can make the choice on ps4 if they want to block used games..:cry:

bach_allard.jpg

What's wrong with always on? However, I doubt that MS will make a console that can't be turned off.

It's nowhere near close to being "all but confirmed".

And by "always on" do you mean "always connected to the internet" or something?

Where did you read such a thing, if you say from an 'insider' over at neogaf I might have to send you a virtual slap to bring you to your senses.
You don't need to, it seems like Eidos CEO hinted it. But anyway, I'm pretty sure EDGE leak was spot. Hopefully they do release console that is weaker, that can't play used games, that requires internet connection and also comes with "NASA approved Kinect camera" for arm waving and rewinding of netflix movies and they crash and burn, hopefully going out of console business because they have no interest in actually delivering quality content without milking the shit out of people. Paul Thurrott did say that their strategy with Xbox is severly lacking, I can see why.

You either deliver something revolutionary and exciting (think first Iphone) and then continue riding on its success while always having top hardware and software you can engineer, or you come up with Kinect like turd and hope that shit is going to stick. Nintendo thought they had it, after the success with Wii, so they released "new, exciting way to play" and now it seems like numbers aren't exactly flattering and casual-mania has died down. The only difference is that I'm actually sorry for Nintendo as gaming is their only revenue stream and they can't go in hardware/moneyhatting competition with MS or Sony so thats the only way they actually can go.

As for Sony, depending on pricing, they can kill of Durango without much problems. Better mutliplats, PSeye camera, Move games, Netflix, great exclusives like UC/GT and free online. They just have to find a way to present that to customers instead of fucking ads like crying baby and "Is Cell even smarter than you".

I
You don't need to, it seems like Eidos CEO hinted it. But anyway, I'm pretty sure EDGE leak was spot. Hopefully they do release console that is weaker, that can't play used games, that requires internet connection and also comes with "NASA approved Kinect camera" for arm waving and rewinding of netflix movies and they crash and burn, hopefully going out of console business because they have no interest in actually delivering quality content without milking the shit out of people. Paul Thurrott did say that their strategy with Xbox is severly lacking, I can see why.

You either deliver something revolutionary and exciting (think first Iphone) and then continue riding on its success while always having top hardware and software you can engineer, or you come up with Kinect like turd and hope that shit is going to stick. Nintendo thought they had it, after the success with Wii, so they released "new, exciting way to play" and now it seems like numbers aren't exactly flattering and casual-mania has died down. The only difference is that I'm actually sorry for Nintendo as gaming is their only revenue stream and they can't go in hardware/moneyhatting competition with MS or Sony so thats the only way they actually can go.

As for Sony, depending on pricing, they can kill of Durango without much problems. Better mutliplats, PSeye camera, Move games, Netflix, great exclusives like UC/GT and free online. They just have to find a way to present that to customers instead of fucking ads like crying baby and "Is Cell even smarter than you".

I think the casuals decided the Wii was enough and Nintendo went a gimmick too far (although I am probably going to buy a vita for similar features on the ps4 - I hate turning the.game off when the wife wants to watch TV), maybe if they used some if the millions raised to invest in hardware comparable to Durango/ps4 UT would've worked.

I'll remind you all of one very important rule. Trust, but verify. If you believe for a second that Microsoft will block used games, and Sony won't? I have a bridge to sell you.

Before I believe anything from either side about used games, let's say we have some people or websites actually try a single copy of a Durango or ps4 game in two different consoles and see what the result of that test is. Then again, nothing says they can't activate the block on used games with an update at a later date, but people might want to confirm these things before they start believing what either side says.

33.33% less CUs, 50% less ROPS, 33.33% less texture units.
Sure, how about the iPad and iPad mini, or the Kindle Fire HD and iPad, or the $69 Kindle and $119 Kindle paperwhite. The $69 kindle is obviously less powerful and has obviously fewer features. Do people who buy it feel buyers remorse? Not from what I've seen. It still displays their books, albeit at a slightly lower resolution. Do most people even notice that the cheaper kindle has 38% fewer pixels? Doubt it.

I also love the e-ink readers. For book reading I think they're better than the iPad due to the battery life.
If Durango can play games as well as e-ink Kindles can do books, there shouldn't be a problem.
There is definitely a market for the gaming side of Durango as there is a market for e-ink Kindles.

33.33% less CUs, 50% less ROPS, 33.33% less texture units.
I thought that only works that way when talking from the position of Orbis being MORE powerful (i.e. Orbis has <percentage> MORE CUs, not Durango has 33% LESS CU). I guess it works both ways. *shrug*

Sure, how about the iPad and iPad mini, or the Kindle Fire HD and iPad, or the $69 Kindle and $119 Kindle paperwhite. The $69 kindle is obviously less powerful and has obviously fewer features. Do people who buy it feel buyers remorse? Not from what I've seen. It still displays their books, albeit at a slightly lower resolution. Do most people even notice that the cheaper kindle has 38% fewer pixels? Doubt it.

Those items don't really have what I would consider core users. They are kind of all casuals. If any of them could be considered "core" users, I would bet most of those went for the higher priced/more feature rich product.

Among the non-gaming features/services which would make Durango compelling might be the DVR. Probably won't have a CableCard slot of its own. But if you can easily attach cheap USB 2/3 drives for storage and record as much as you have storage for, without the crazy fees that Tivo and the cable companies charge, that could be a key feature that sells units.

Kind of like how a lot of people primarily interested in Blu-Ray playback bought PS3s, some rarely playing games on it.

And if it loaded recordings to your phone or iPad automatically, that would be something you can't get on other DVRs without another add-on piece of hardware.

I also love the e-ink readers. For book reading I think they're better than the iPad due to the battery life.
If Durango can play games as well as e-ink Kindles can do books, there shouldn't be a problem.
There is definitely a market for the gaming side of Durango as there is a market for e-ink Kindles.

Wow, it has really come to this. The successor to the Xbox 360, #1 console in North America being compared to limited e-ink Kindles.

The way you see that there is a market for the gaming side of Durango as there is a market for e-ink Kindles, is almost as if you don't realize that Durango has far greater than a puncher's chance to pick up precisely where the Xbox 360 left off, which is pretty much dominating in North America. This isn't some casual device that just also happens to play games. It's going to be every bit the gaming machine as the PS4 is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back