Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

lol "Internet, the List Warz"...

Yep, just about everything you mentioned was exactly what I said it was, derivative action beat ups and clicky menu thingies....thanks for proving my point.

I have played and enjoyed superb Japanese Action games(Bayonetta, DMC4, EL shaddai), Platformers (Mario, El Shaddai), RPGs (Legend of Zelda), JRPGs (FFXIII and FFXIII2, The Last Story), turn based Strategy RPGs (Valkyria CHronicles, Disgaea 4), SHooters on steroids (Vanquish, Child of Eden, SHadows of the Damned, RE5 ), Survival Horror (SIREN), Puzzlers (Catherine), Professor Layton ......etc etc etc right in this gen.
I don't even remember some of them, there are so many. Just started enjoying Ys on my PSVita.

WHat Beat'em ups only? This is the strange phenomena I was talking about. Japan is delivering on every front, but its not selling well as it doesn't match the major audience, the american audience's sensibilities. But that does not mean they do not know how to make a good game. THat does not mean the rest of the world doesn't like their games.
!

lol "Internet, the List Warz"...

Yep, just about everything you mentioned was exactly what I said it was, derivative action beat ups and clicky menu thingies....thanks for proving my point.

Really ? ! LOL

Dude, if u have nothing to say, then just do that.

BTW, forgot Dark Souls and Demons Souls too. Really bad games , they are all, right ! First you keep telling us that the "others" don't exist and when I show u those, you say something nonsensical and snort ! Go hide in ur cave or something.

On topic:
From the gameplay section of the video :

5z450k.jpg

vor0qt.jpg

2yzh0tt.jpg

28kssw4.jpg

2cerd6f.jpg

nps3yr.jpg

Yea, I just saw the footage and it's not going to be an open world game, it seems to be more of the same just with prettier graphics and bigger map. I definitely didn't get Deus Ex:HR vibe from it Cornsnake. It still seems like a directed experience, it didn't look hand-off at all.

Yeah seems like classic MGS.

I guess we need to see more gameplay to see how open this game truly is. You would expect games with this much story to put some limitation on where the player can go at any one time.

When asked at his PAX Prime presentation if he'd like to make more spin-offs about other characters besides Raiden in the upcoming Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, he said, "I'm not a huge fan of spin-offs, so it's hard to say at this point," but added, "We've talked previously about a game featuring The Boss as a main character. This is something I'd really love to make."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...e-to-make-a-metal-gear-game-starring-the-boss

A MGS game featuring The Boss sounds nice. Although I'd rather see him make something else for a change.

Why can't people be happy in this thread ?
It's a Metal Gear Soild game !! I'm freaking out just because it exists.

Very cool and sleek sequence, graphics looks nice too but nothing nextgen worthy though. I'm pretty sure the real bells and whistles of Fox engine would be used on MGS5 for Orbis and Durango. Stuffs like tessellation, SSS, realtime GI, uber particle count are all MIA here, I'm more interested in seeing the nextgen stuff Kojima said that he's been working on with FOX.

Just watched the trailer. I think it looks fantastic. Most importantly, it also looks like a classic Metal Gear game. Would be a lovely swansong for the current generation of consoles for sure.

Why can't people be happy in this thread ?
It's a Metal Gear Soild game !! I'm freaking out just because it exists.

Exaclty ! We celebrated the return of Snake at our house with a complete party including home made super yummy burgers :p ! Of course, my parents didn't know what exactly we were celebrating. me n my wife were the ones secretly enjoying the much awaited return ! :cool:

Snake is a legend !

cmon i see tons of A2C... in daylight it will be an another story
So that means that if it wasn't multiplat there wouldn't be any A2C? You would suddenly also have tessellation? I don't understand whats your point. If game on consoles looks close to what was shown with yesterdays trailer, I dunno what is the game that would surpass it, let alone that there are "many PS3 exclusives" that already did. UC2 is also not be all end be all, neither is LOU. They are still jaggy, they still have low resolution shadows, they still have no AF etc. That doesn't stop them from being visual marvels though.

Apparently this:

Michael McWhertor said:
http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012...solid-ground-zeroes-revealed-hideo-kojima-pax

[...]

Kojima first talked about the engine that powers Ground Zeroes, the Fox Engine.

"There are a lot of amazing game engines out there — CryEngine, Unreal — but we wanted to get in there and tweak things ourselves," Kojima said through a translator. Kojima Productions wanted to make their game development more efficient, he explained, in terms of creating a cross platform game engine that also supported cloud-based technology.

"You can use it to make an FPS, an adventure game like Uncharted, or something on rails," Kojima said, including an open world game - which is the genre he's making now.

"A Silent Hill, possibly," he added.

"This is not a tech demo, it's a real game running on the Fox Engine," Kojima assured. The demo was shown running on a PC with specs that were comparable to the PlayStation 3, we were told.

[...]

hasn't been posted in here, yet ;)?

If game on consoles looks close to what was shown with yesterdays trailer, I dunno what is the game that would surpass it, let alone that there are "many PS3 exclusives" that already did.

Looks comparable to state of the art 360/PS3 stuff. Seems like we have a new and improved engine that holds it own and it's been a while since MGS4.

Not a lot of games compare to the cutscene quality seen in RE5, atleast not the ones rendered in real time, I'd say castlevania but that game has stylized visuals in a fantasy setting. Good to see one finally do after all this time.

So they are showing it running on pc, but have they confirmed pc release or will only console versions be shipped with pc serving just as a dev mule? Also anyone know if they have new people writing the story/script? I like the Metal Gear games but the stories, script, etc tend to be incomprehensible and/or ridiculously verbose. I'm hoping they have a new team in charge of the script.

Back