Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Alucardx23

Regular
Really exited for this game. Open world Metal Gear Solid? I'm in :cool:

x5wvD.jpg

http://asia.gamespot.com/metal-gear...ine-and-possible-open-world-elements-6393924/

Is there no news at all about when Kojima will release direct feed video for the demo shown there :cry: ?
I am dying to see it ! A new Snake game, a new Snake game for God's sake........... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: !!!!!!!!!!

A new snake game and we are not allowed to see it ...... :cry: !

Demo for this game was showcased on a highend PC, and few tweets mention that the visuals and the scope of the game were amazing.

Cant wait to see the game myself [it will be shown @ PAX tomorrow by Kojima himself].

Yeah, I'm hoping a public release will come following the panel at PAX. I'm listening to the 8-4 Play podcast right now. They just published an emergency podcast to talk about what they saw at the event. Sounds like what was shown involved the infiltration of an enormous military base. They're really gushing about the scale.

Either it's a next-gen game, or they'll struggle having built the game on PC, being unable to port the game to PS3 wholesale, and the game will end up coming two years late severly stripped down in scope and almost every other measure.

I don't see what's so silly about his appearance here.

That giant thing on his head? I hope he's not wearing that all the time.

Since this is probably Big Boss, it's probably that big because he doesn't have the same technology available that Solid Snake has.

So, a Japanese developer is finally updating his game design philosophy I just want to know what games he has been playing to know his influence.

So, a Japanese developer is finally updating his game design philosophy I just want to know what games he has been playing to know his influence.

Sheesh ! Its the westwrn devs who need to learn fun game design from japanese devs. Having better gfx and explsions does not equal a better game. Japanese have been making good games all along, they just don't have the same kindof marketing and polishing budgets.

Don't want to derail this thread, but this is a strange phenomena with gamers these days. Games are fun, they don't have to be realistic or serious to be taken seriously. All MGS games allow more freedom of action and planning and execution than any "new" big scope western games. The game design of jap devs is perfectly solid. They just lack flash in their presentation, which the american audience adores for some weird reason.

Either it's a next-gen game, or they'll struggle having built the game on PC, being unable to port the game to PS3 wholesale, and the game will end up coming two years late severly stripped down in scope and almost every other measure.

They say its based around ps360 specs, but running on a current gen PC. Whatever that means. Kojima also mentioned that Fox engine in next-gen ready too.

I , too , have my doubts about the performance on the ps3, as this one seems to be multiplatform from the get go. Unlike MGS4, which focussed completely on the cell architecture.

That giant thing on his head? I hope he's not wearing that all the time.

Since this is probably Big Boss, it's probably that big because he doesn't have the same technology available that Solid Snake has.

Obviously. This is how early nightvision goggles looked like:

800px-AN_PVS-7_Cyclops.JPG

Don't think they ever cared for cosmetics as long as it was functional.

Sheesh ! Its the westwrn devs who need to learn fun game design from japanese devs. Having better gfx and explsions does not equal a better game. Japanese have been making good games all along, they just don't have the same kindof marketing and polishing budgets.

Don't want to derail this thread, but this is a strange phenomena with gamers these days. Games are fun, they don't have to be realistic or serious to be taken seriously. All MGS games allow more freedom of action and planning and execution than any "new" big scope western games. The game design of jap devs is perfectly solid. They just lack flash in their presentation, which the american audience adores for some weird reason.

If he is indeed making an open world game to the level that is sounds like than he's definitely NOT being influenced by his closer peers. No strange phenomena about it sir. His frustrations with Japanese development have been well documented even within his own studio.

Deus Ex Human Revolution hopefully. That always felt like a natural evolution of MGS's mechanics to me. MGS's controls a fine for stealth, but awkward for shooting. Which you need to do in the boss fights and occasional shoot out. DX:HR managed to blend stealth and shooting seamlessly.

A Walkman cassette player features prominently in the demo giving some indication of the timeframe for the game.

They could have demoed on PC just to make sure there were no performance issue during gameplay. This is still probably at least a year off.

If he is indeed making an open world game to the level that is sounds like than he's definitely NOT being influenced by his closer peers. No strange phenomena about it sir. His frustrations with Japanese development have been well documented even within his own studio.

I know some other japanese devs also feel that jap games are lagging behind, but saying that they lag behind in game design or fun is wrong IMHO. They are lagging in GFX, marketing and MP. But they are still miles ahead of western games when it comes to pure fun, game-design and malleable game mechanics.

I know America is the biggest game market, but America isn't the whole world and the rest of the world doesn't necessarily consider violence, explosions, set-pieces and boastful marketing as great game-design. Its a sad affair that good game designers feel that they have to change to cater to market, when what they are delivering is quality games.

OnTopic, has anyone found out what that "1pm" time is?

I know some other japanese devs also feel that jap games are lagging behind, but saying that they lag behind in game design or fun is wrong IMHO. They are lagging in GFX, marketing and MP. But they are still miles ahead of western games when it comes to pure fun, game-design and malleable game mechanics.

I know America is the biggest game market, but America isn't the whole world and the rest of the world doesn't necessarily consider violence, explosions, set-pieces and boastful marketing as great game-design. Its a sad affair that good game designers feel that they have to change to cater to market, when what they are delivering is quality games.

OnTopic, has anyone found out what that "1pm" time is?

...yes...the biggest names in Japan....Kojima...he...they...none matter at all....

Lets put this into perspective: Whose game are we talking about here...right....a Metal Gear game, a game made by one of Japan's biggest critics is trying to make a more lemme see...American style game you hate so much...Why are you even in this thread then?

I'm still trying to figure out what design path you feel Japan has soooo locked down that's so much better than anyone else and the only one I can think of is the beat em up action games and 2d scrolled fighters genres, NOT military themed open world designed games, which Ground Zero appears to be inspired by, get real son....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back