Will this setup work for remote gaming or do you have a better idea?

Dorfdad

Newcomer
I am trying to build a setup to allow my computer easily play games from either of my 2 HDTV's in the house. I already have it working to one TV but im looking to make a better solution so do you think this would work?

Setup for video/audio
Code:
                                                                                                      ---------------------- Upstairs
                            2port                  /--- (HDMI Extender Cat 6 -75ft) -/
(PC) -------(HDMI Autodetect splitter)- 
                                                     \--- (HDMI Extender Cat 6 -75ft) -\
                                                                                                      --------------------- Basement
With this setup the Autodetect splitter would detect which extender to activate and the image would be shown in 1080p/sound to the correct device.

I will be setting up a wireless dongle in the middle of the basement room to use a keyboard / gamepad from either room of the house (assuming i can get one with enough range for both) thus allowing me to game from any PC pretty easily?

I guess my biggest concern is the sound in Windows 7 may have some issues "turning on" properly when switching around??

Thanks in advance for any of your thoughts and input on this project.

Last edited by a moderator:
dorfdad this looks as if it may be of use to you
Mouse Without Borders allows you to reach across your PCs as if they were part of one single desktop. Control up to four computers from a single mouse and keyboard with no extra hardware needed. Move files between computers simply by dragging them from one desktop to another. The software is easy to setup and in addition to enabling drag and drop of files, you can lock or log in to all PCs from one PC.

http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=Files&go=giveme&dwn_id=1489

this is just to view audio and video from different TV's in the house for gaming.. I want to be able to use either TV or my basement monitor for gaming based on the situation. There is only one PC setup in this design...

Mouse without borders seems to connect PC's im just autodetecting a secondary monitor basically.

ahh, yes sorry.
you shouldnt need any auto detect software, you leave 1 room to go into another turn the monitor off before you leave

Check KVMSwitchTech as they offer a wide range of HDMI Extender and HDMI Splitter Extender solutions. I have a couple of units from them and they work great,

Back