Sleeping Dogs

Anyone interested in an open world sandbox title, really should give Sleeping Dogs a chance. Its perhaps the best Japanese based title and all around sandbox game I have played on pc in years.

Oh and multimonitor support out of the box!!!!

Actually I was referring to SE as a developer/publisher and that the PC generally doesnt see many quality titles come out of the East. I suppose clarifying that is considerably more important than the game itself.

Actually I was referring to SE as a developer/publisher and that the PC generally doesnt see many quality titles come out of the East. I suppose clarifying that is considerably more important than the game itself.

Well, it's Square-Enix Eidos so it's both a Japanese and Western developement house now. Sleeping Dogs just happened to come out of one of the Western developers that is published through Square Enix Eidos.

Regards,
SB

I'm not sure I want more games with half naked big eyed school girls and spikey haired full length coat wearing guys wielding way oversized wide blade swords in every game in existence.

The Secret World is a good example of a game with no exaggeration on models or weapons.

I'm not sure I want more games with half naked big eyed school girls and spikey haired full length coat wearing guys wielding way oversized wide blade swords in every game in existence.

The Secret World is a good example of a game with no exaggeration on models or weapons.

That's kind of racist.

I'm not sure I want more games with half naked big eyed school girls and spikey haired full length coat wearing guys wielding way oversized wide blade swords in every game in existence

I would mainly like to see 2D horizontal- and vertical-scrolling shooters. I have no interest in grindathon JRPGs which is where the character designs you are thinking about are coming from.

Rather petty thing to label someone as a racist, not really appreciated. It's called a generalization based on what I would consider common conceptions of RPGs very popular out of Japan. You know the term JRPG? They don't have TRPG, or SKRPG do they? I'm sure Taiwan and South Korea have madae RPGs but they don't have an entire genre style associated with them.

Anyway mods feel free to remove all this noise nonsense which I contributed to so this topic stays on topic.

That's kind of racist.

Wow, relax a bit.
People have become overly sensitive about sertain issues in the recent decades. He is stating his personal dislike to a genre of games. The genre happens to be tied to a country, but geez, that doesnt mean he has something against the people of that country.

By the way, if you ever go to Japan, ask them what is their opinion on western games. They won't bother one bit if whatever they say is racist or not, but it is not gonna be very positive either.

He didn't say jRPGs, he just stereotyped all of japanese gaming as one thing(One thing I'm not even a fan of anymore, for the record).

That is an old favorite of mine, and it's sad how true that list can be for a lot of jRPGs. It's what caused me to leave the genre for the most part(Exceptions for Ys games, old favorites and anything with the word Xeno in the name) back in the PS2/GC/Xbox era of consoles.

Still, my overall point is that he stereotyped, accidentally or otherwise, an entire country's output of games.

Hell, look at Metal Gear Solid or any of the original SIlent Hill games and tell me those are wide eyed far too short skirted girls and dudes with gigantic swords and emo hair cuts. :p

Back