DX11 Real Time Raytracing.

A hybrid renderer?
At lest the DoF is a post process and not from proper tracing from area of a lens.

It looks like they aren't doing anything which would introduce variance in a significant way - it would be interesting to see whether they could do glossy reflections, for example.

Definitely an impressive demo if it is real time though.

A hybrid renderer?
At lest the DoF is a post process and not from proper tracing from area of a lens.

Almost has to be at that framerate/resolution I guess, but it looks great.

Amazing demo, runs fluidly on my 7870, maxes out GPU usage. You can tell it's really pushing the GPU on some scenes. CPU is barely touched.

'S' key for screenshots, can't seem to figure out how to show fps though.

Am I the only one who didn't notice any RT in demo? I don't see correctly handled translucency or recursive reflections, it looks like a mix of cubemaps with planar reflections on floor

Am I the only one who didn't notice any RT in demo? I don't see correctly handled translucency or recursive reflections, it looks like a mix of cubemaps with planar reflections on floor

That is my observation as well.
It is pretty to look at, but I wouldn't call it RT.

As long as someone makes a next-gen loot game or something that uses this tech, I forgive them. ;)

I also didn't spot any RT on the demo and can you guys see any dx11 Order Independent Transparency usage because i can't, it seams strange making a dx11 demo with translucent precious stones and not take advantage of that feature.

It's real ray tracing, alright. Notice the accurate refractions inside the gems, including total internal reflection. The depth of field and glinting are ordinary post processing, but they're not the point of the demo.

It looks like only the gems are ray-traced, one ray per pixel, but they certainly look awesome.

This may sound like a stupid question. Why is it every time i see things getting ray traced they generally look Shiny and Unrealistic.

Back