Pictures of new PS3 console [CECH-4000]

DieH@rd

Legend
After FCC filing and changing of some words in the Bluray Drive and Hard Disk areas, here are the first leaked pictures of new version of PS3 console. Pictures are from brazilian blog who mentioned that 2 hard drive SKUs will be joined with third one that has only 16gb of storage [flash?].
http://tecnoblog.net/107348/novo-ps3-anatel/

yNrCq.jpg

ST4HF.jpg

VB3kY.jpg

jdv99.jpg

Design... at least on these pics... is not so pleasing to the eye.

I just added some more contrast on my laptop and it looks pretty good.
The ridges are because you need to slide the right top part to the left to change discs.
I don't know about that btw, it will probably be a lot more noisy than the old BD drive.
If they can price it at 179 though, then they can sell a whole lot of them.

I just don't understand how a company with the design chops that Sony does has managed to produce such hideous hardware for the PS3.

I would be willing to pay -more- for a box that actually just looks like a normal set-top box instead of these bulbous mostrosities.

User MYE from gaf used info from blurry pics to create this cleaned up version:
IGt9j.jpg

Not bad, at least from this side.

The site I read listed 16gb, 250gb and 500gb models. I think we could see them priced at $149, $199 and $249, respectively.

If it's cheap enough (like <150€ dirt-cheap), I could buy one just for some exclusives.

The speculation atm seems to be a version coming with 16GB flash for $149.99-$199.99

If the I/O isn't castrated, sounds like a hit to me.

Especially if the PS4 isn't coming before 2014.

Yeah if they hit $149.99 plus still have space for a hdd/allow use of an external or flashdrive. I could see them doing great sales numbers.

The site I read listed 16gb, 250gb and 500gb models. I think we could see them priced at $149, $199 and $249, respectively.

... guessing 199 for 16gb if you're lucky. then 249/299.

the gen is winding down, hardware sales are extremely slow, i dont see a point in pursuing aggressive hardware price points for sony right now.

good on them for being aggressive though. i imagine microsofts refresh will follow maybe in 2013.

If the 16GB version is cheap and can take in a 2.5" SATA HDD like the old models, I may end up buying one. These days, if I play games with room temperature at 30C+, my PS3 will end up telling me it's too hot and I should turn it off sooner rather than later. :???:

Then again, by the time this is available, the weather may have cooled and winter may be upon me.

Actually the Big Markets for Hardware and Software are Mexico and Brazil, and MS is number one on. So it's normal that Sony try to go on with a cheap PS3. If they want to perform well the 149$ is the target entry, and push MS to follow. This new PS3 Slim-Fast is probably for emergent market in first mind, but actually it will also a good solution for decreasing market like US and UE.

That's ugly, but as a top-loader, I estimate about 10" across, which is reasonably dinky. This must be 28nm, and PS3's swansong. Not as small as PSTwo, but it needs room for an HDD.

the gen is winding down, hardware sales are extremely slow...
Because the consoles are still expensive! The $200+ price market has been mined out already. There must be tens of millions of potential HD console owners waiting for ~ $150-$100 PS360, just as there were for the other consoles throughout history (and as economics would tell us).

Toploading is crap. Never that a hideous turd like that will come over my doorstep... Not if it was the only console left on earth.

Toploading belongs in cheap portable music systems. Not in livingroom audio/video gear.

That's ugly, but as a top-loader, I estimate about 10" across, which is reasonably dinky. This must be 28nm, and PS3's swansong. Not as small as PSTwo, but it needs room for an HDD.

Because the consoles are still expensive! The $200+ price market has been mined out already. There must be tens of millions of potential HD console owners waiting for ~ $150-$100 PS360, just as there were for the other consoles throughout history (and as economics would tell us).

Meh, 360 can be had for 199 and PS3 249. And with inflation those price points are lower compared to historical figures. In addition, price cuts didn't stimulate Wii sales much, it sold it's best at 249.

Of course the cuts will help, I just wouldn't expect miracles at this point. It's obvious these are end game cost reductions, probably designed for the third world markets and long term legacy sales as much as anything.

Back