Fun to Drive

pascal

Veteran
My wife got the new Jetta TSI (GLI e US) and it is really fun to drive.
My first impression is OMG ! :D
Mainstream cars have improved a lot in performance, safety and technology (specially drive by wire) during the last decade.

Some Jetta TSI performance tubes:

0-238 Km/h

Road test

Post your example of fun to drive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a fun car :)

The most fun car I have driven, must be my z4.

Made this "short" video to test out my GoPro camera.

Ps: Turn down the volume, because there is just a lot of wind noise(used the wrong back cover on the GoPro :( )

Nice thread and nice cars!

Here is my AlfaRomeo 156 Sport 1.9 Disel from 2005:
1033788.jpg

1033788.jpg

3rd and 4rh gear

Sunday Drive on English Country Lane (low speeds)

Later I will add few more longer videos as they are still uploading ...

Also in 2 months time I'm driving through Germany so I hope to make some Autobahn videos (when it's safe) and maybe even top speed which should be close or slightly above 142MPH+ (~228Km/h)

Looks like a fun car :)

The most fun car I have driven, must be my z4.

Made this "short" video to test out my GoPro camera.
Congratulations. That is fun !

I have tested the 540i.
Good old days.

Nice thread and nice cars!

Here is my AlfaRomeo 156 Sport 1.9 Disel from 2005:

Later I will add few more longer videos as they are still uploading ...

Also in 2 months time I'm driving through Germany so I hope to make some Autobahn videos (when it's safe) and maybe even top speed which should be close or slightly above 142MPH+ (~228Km/h)

Great Alfa :smile:
My first contact with Alfa was 1978.

This weekend I tested the Jetta TSi a little more and I am very impressed with the DSG transmission. Very fast e smooth operation, much better than tiptronics.

DSG Mechatronics

DSG in operation

I could not find a Jetta TSi review in english so here is a similar Jetta GLi review:

Made a new movie. It's a time lapse of me driving on one of my all time favourite driving roads in Norway, The Lysebotn Road.

The Lysebotn Road is a 30km mountain road connecting the Lysebotn valley with the western part of Norway. (the road is closed in the winter and boat/ferry is the only way to get to the valley from November to May/June) The last 8km the road drops 800m and features about 30 hairpin turns and a 1km tunnel.

Here is a link to TopGear's (magazine) take one the road.
http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/jaguar-xkr-s-top-gear-norway-2011-07-20?imageNo=0

Great road!

I hope one day I go there and try it myself! Looks fabulous to drive, just the kind of road I like.
I have very nice roads similar to yours around Devon/UK but they much shorter as up to few Km. Will try to get proper camera mount for my car and do Time Lapse video myself at some point!

PS. tweaked my Alfa a bit as it had low power up to 3500RPM due to broken vacuum hose connected to VGT actuator. In other words - power is back and it's quicker than ever, especially in my videos above. Stay tuned ;)

Two months and still impressed with the DSG transmission.

DSG is better than most drivers. See this side-by-side DSG and manual gear.

More about how it works

I will try to make a movie in beachs road :)

Davros said:
seen a car ad and it said power 250ps
what is ps ?

PS for Pferdestärke in german which translated in english is horsepower.
Thus PS should be exactly the same as HP...but I never checked if they are defined differently...

PS for Pferdestärke in german which translated in english is horsepower.
Thus PS should be exactly the same as HP...but I never checked if they are defined differently...

Slightly different due to the different measuring units used. Similar to how UK MPG isn't comparable to USA MPG, although the difference in the case of MPG is much larger.

Regards,
SB

I think thats because a gallon is 8 pints and a u.s pint is smaller than a u.k pint
The imperial pint (568 mL) is used in the United Kingdom and Ireland and to some extent in other Commonwealth nations. There are two customary pints used in the United States: a liquid pint (473 mL) and a less-common dry pint (551 mL). This difference dates back to the British Weights and Measures Act of 1824, which standardised the various pints in use at the time to a single imperial pint throughout the British Empire. The US pints were unaffected by this and can be traced back to pre-1824 English pints. Each of these pints are defined as one-eighth of the respective gallons but because of differing gallon definitions, the imperial pint is approximately 20% larger than the US liquid pint. However, whereas the imperial pint is divided into 20 imperial fluid ounces, there are 16 US fluid ounces to the US liquid pint making the imperial fluid ounce slightly smaller than the US fluid ounce.

I think thats because a gallon is 8 pints and a u.s pint is smaller than a u.k pint

Quite so. Which leads to one my bigger pet peeves on the internet. People comparing US MPG directly to UK MPG and then blasting US cars because the MPG figure is worse.

Regards,
SB

After my Holiday trip to Poland I have legally (!!) captured what is very close to top speed of my trusty old Alfa 156 on 225/45 ordinary tyres. I say very close because I had my wife (extra weight + moaning) on board and lots of luggage both in trunk and on back seats. Besides I didn't get clear Autobahn when the road was flat and most of the time it was slightly uphill (between 0-4 degrees). At least I didn't do it downhill :LOL:.

Part 1

Part 2 (forgot to close windows so it's noisy)

Also 0-150km/h with passangers

Not as quick as Jetta 2.0 TSI but still ok for an old Diesel car! Not to mention I'm getting 50+ British MPG combined when driving normally.

Finally nice English road near Cheddar. Unfortunately I had to drive slowly there as I had some delicate parts in the car.
Ford Focus 2.0TDCi

Back