Agni Philosophy, Durango / PS4 game

So.. this means PS4 will use cell 2.0 after all? :rolleyes:

I guess all the rumors about low end, low powered X86 hardware combined with simple direct x GPU's were false?

edit:
Well I hope UE 4 will be a lot more impressive than this (and even that small UE4 gif already is)

please show me the UE4 gif.

The UE3.5 demo (Samarian) used fake lighting in a lot of places. I hope UE4 is a lot less "smoke and mirrors"

I honestly don't think the actual gameplay would look as smooth, detailed and insanely detailed as what's shown here. I mean dear lord this can be considered Avatar quality in many instances. If PS4 really can pump out graphics like those then all the bullSh&t spec of a 7670 can now be disregarded.
But yeah, this is true nextgen alright, much better than what's shown of UE4.

I honestly don't think the actual gameplay would look as smooth, detailed and insanely detailed as what's shown here. I mean dear lord this can be considered Avatar quality in many instances. If PS4 really can pump out graphics like those then all the bullSh&t spec of a 7670 can now be disregarded.
But yeah, this is true nextgen alright, much better than what's shown of UE4.

I fully agree. Also it would take YEARS to fill up the environments with kind of detail, although square has the power to do so; they might import the city of Spirits Within and call it a day :D

UE4 has not shown that much, but the Samaritan demo was downright disappointing, imo. it had to do with the art direction (really terrible character model) and the technology itself (the point were a robot shines a bright beam of light; you can see that it is made of 2d planes or some shit). Given that even on PC UE3 never had real shadows, judging from the latest batman or mass effect I expect UE4 to be a lightweight, smoke and mirrors engine, which provides a next gen look at really low costs and processing power.
This on the other hand.. it's like a realtime Maya renderer or something. Aside from some aliasing this looks like it took 100hs of hours to render on a single pc

holy mother: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9xhFpuIMX4

Anyways, non gameplay cutscenes never impress me, and this certainly doesn't buck the trend. I dont care how impressive a cutscene is.

The samaritan demo was a cutscene, and so are the UE4 demos.

Well I hope UE 4 will be a lot more impressive than this (and even that small UE4 gif already is)

The hair and cloth rendering in this seems to be a step above what we've seen in the Samaritan footage. Environments are better than the ones in the UE4 demo, and the animation is spectacular. I don't see any deficit compared to UE4.

UE4 hasn't been shown at all, other than a few pics (haven't seen the latest GI though) and 3 seconds of footage in a teaser for tomorrow's gametrailers GTTV UE4 special. From the few pics that are out, perhaps the quality of it in motion is similar to Square's tech demo, but they really have little chance against Square's artists in terms of showing off.

Still, if UE4's Elemental Demo (as Cliff B. called it in the preview) is at a similar level to Agni, and given all the comments done by Epic and a few other devs that they're pushing the manufacturers to up their standards as much as they can, I'm starting to believe these visuals are going to be achieved in the next-gen.

The samaritan demo was a cutscene, and so are the UE4 demos.

The hair and cloth rendering in this seems to be a step above what we've seen in the Samaritan footage. Environments are better than the ones in the UE4 demo, and the animation is spectacular. I don't see any deficit compared to UE4.

Hair and cloth rendering??
Why would UE4 need that? It'll be used mainly for bald space marines, with robot suits. Or for soldiers, who are known to primarily wear helmets. :D

But seriously, UE imo was never about advanced tech, look at mass effect or gears of war shadows for example. It's all about easy to use, fast and cheap results.

This square engine will require the most talented of 3d artist to create assets..

Yes PC can already render that... ;p

Well, obviously. :D

I said I'm starting to believe (although I always hoped) because up till now there were many rumors of kinda mid-to-low-range hardware for both ms and sony hardware, and all these demos may mean they're actually considering some really nice specs. :)

Tech demo on unknown hardware, yawn. Might as well be CGI. For all we know the unknown hardware is a 100Tflops rendering farm.

This looks good but nothing amazing or uexpected. It's clear that many of us were mentally ready for next-gen this year, I see lots of craving hardcore gamers jumping at every hint of next-gen. ;)

Hair and cloth rendering??
Why would UE4 need that? It'll be used mainly for bald space marines, with robot suits.

It was actually the other way - they went with hairless characters because that's what the current tech was the best at...

Back