Mass Effect 3 Wii U

It looked exactly the same as the 360/PS3/PC version. It was just running in 60fps. Which I think needs mentioning.

FXAA was there too.

Doesn't PS3 run at 20 most of the time? Also with way more RAM they could have easily updated the assets if they wanted to.

How did it look? Great game. I'm interested in seeing what they did with the touch screen.

Same here, though I was thinking they could transfer the squad controls (like, have the radar blown up on the pad and you tap/slide to which enemy you want squad member X to attack) and weapon switch/power usage.

Then again, maybe it'll just be a screen with extra buttons for the other powers and abilities you can have in SP. :|

I am confused as to why hardly any of the games seemed to be running with AA that they chose to show. Guess this is a good sign. Honestly I was getting worried. 60 frames for more games please and thank you. ; P

How do you know its running 60fps? They hardly showed much.

During the Wii U conference on Spike TV they showed the third party games showcase. ME3 was running in 60fps. (Cutscene from the beginning of the Mass Effect 3 demo with the council)

(This is even more especially strange since all ME3 media on TV to this point has been 30fps)

Everything else was 30fps.

Watching it on youtube... You won't even notice it! lol

Also

uWBTH.jpg

Not to be the negative type, but the first thought that popped in my head was "why?".

They should have at least ported 2 and 3 over (along with the comic that covers ME1). At least that way Wii-U owners wouldn't be thrown into the end of a trilogy.

Are we sure they didn't just edit PC footage into the montage? Nothing else we've seen from the WiiU so far suggests it can easily double the framerate of a PS3 or 360 running the same game.

Are we sure they didn't just edit PC footage into the montage? Nothing else we've seen from the WiiU so far suggests it can easily double the framerate of a PS3 or 360 running the same game.

Why go through all that trouble when there's plenty of stock footage of the 360/PS3 version to use from the commercials? The 60fps stuck out among the other previews (Well New Super Mario Bros. Wii-U was also 60fps)

How do you know its running 60fps? They hardly showed much.

If I don't lock the framerate (default) then my weak 5570 will easily reach 60fps even at Full HD resolutions, so long as not much is happening. I think similar things go for the console versions if you don't lock the framerate. So perhaps that's what we're seeing?

Not to be the negative type, but the first thought that popped in my head was "why?".

They should have at least ported 2 and 3 over (along with the comic that covers ME1). At least that way Wii-U owners wouldn't be thrown into the end of a trilogy.

Yeah or maybe 1+2+3 triple pack, and some graphical enhancements if Wii U could handle it.

I think Microsoft has exclusive rights to Mass Effect 1?

In the case of Arkham City, it was chugging quite a bit with a very low framerate at times.

Back