Watch_Dogs by Ubisoft

I am having a blast with the multiplayer, hacking or tailing other players is a joy that can't be described, CTOS Challenges are great fun too. I couldn't try team matches because it takes so freaking long to set up a session and gather players, I get the feeling not many people play WD on PC, waiting times for any MP mode is quite long.

I've watched a few multiplayer matches on PS4 in a livestream. It did look quite fun - but as it is one on one, it seemed as if it would get old relatively fast. A team version of something like that could definitely be very cool.

As a single player, I don't think I would enjoy the game. I am not a big stealth fan. I do like the emphasis on 'realism', but the way it is implemented feels a bit too much still like it is done in Assassin's Creed. It feels too much like a puzzle game, and not enough like smooth, emerging gameplay for me to enjoy it. But I could be wrong, this is just going by the live gameplay I've watched (also single-player) - some of the missions there felt like the parts of GTA and Assassin's Creed that I enjoyed the least. I think I like the stealth in a game like Uncharted best - it's great when you pull it off, but it's very optional.

^It is completely optional, you could go in GTA style guns blazing, but it ain't that fun then as you don't get that smile on the face that you would if cleared off everyone without firing a shot :) !

BTW, just came in to say that the game is fabulous ! And the game is beautiful too. Its only a few TODs that look bland sometimes, otherwise everything looks great. The daytime rain TOD is sublime !

I just lost all my guns, hacking and I cant do online missions anymore. I was tailing some guy and got spotted and killed when I got back to my game everything was gone. So if you going to play online I would make back-ups of your saves and also google " watch dogs game breaking bug" .

This is really upsetting, well time to restart a new game.

I've watched a few multiplayer matches on PS4 in a livestream. It did look quite fun - but as it is one on one, it seemed as if it would get old relatively fast.
it rarely does, place and circumstances change, opponents behavior too, so the outcome is always different, and new challenges arise every time, planning an escape route in case of a failure is fun too.

I just found out WD sold 4 million copies in a the first week, seems pretty good to me.

I am totally hooked now, playing before work too :D !

I prefer this over GTAV simply because there is so much to do in this world ! GTAV satisfied only the explorer in me as the world was beautifully designed but there was nothing to do outside of the missions. Here its so much to do outside of the main missions that I have hardly progressed in the story at all ! Gang Hideouts, fixer contracts, online hacking, criminal convoys, randomn crimes, CTOS centres etc ! THe best parts are the gang hideouts, they end up so differently each time. I fail many times doing them and each try is always something different ! Great game !

oh, for the doubters, game looks really good during day too, in fact, now I find the night bland as it is always the same while the day is always different due to weather and TODs !
heres from FB, will get directly from ps4 later:
10317696_10152071679466356_294455654795114389_o.jpg

and here's a video of a normal day:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152071677876356

in fact, now I find the night bland as it is always the same while the day is always different due to weather and TODs !
There is actually quite a lot of variety in the environment at night, which ranges from being totally clear where you can see the stars and moon, to over cast, to cloudy to fog - all with or without rain. There seems to be as much variety as night as there is during the day :)

The shooting mechanics and the AI in this game are top notch. I got it for my PS4 last week and I have been enjoying myself (on 'realistic' I think) thoroughly!

Aside from volumetric smoke and explosion/fireball intensity I don't think there has been that much of a downgrade; it's just that some effects have been moved around. For example, in the E3 2012 demo, every time a shot is fired in slow-motion, the bokeh dof effect kicks in and the image is oversaturated.
In the 2014 release this effect is only when you bring out your phone (square button). The shooting itself does not have any altered dof or lighting, only a blur.
Which is a shame because I preferred the 2012-aesthetics. I think constant high quality dof puts a lot of strain on the engine, so it's completely possible they changed effects around for performance purposes.

Still, I think they could have achieved the original aesthetic, had it been a PS4-only release not hampered by the multi-platform development of this title.

There is actually quite a lot of variety in the environment at night, which ranges from being totally clear where you can see the stars and moon, to over cast, to cloudy to fog - all with or without rain. There seems to be as much variety as night as there is during the day :)

oh, thats great to hear :D ! I haven't got anything but rain at night, uptill now !

Absolutely loving the game now ! Its nothing AAA over cinematic or anything, but its a super engaging game !

add my uPlay -> radenmaspikun

i will happily play around from cellphone (ctOS app) :D

EDIT:
there;s roughly 2x more ONLINE player on PlayStation than on PC.
on PC, it will take 2-5 minutes to get someone online on ctOS. PS just 1 minute :D

*uPlayPC+PSN

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow can't stop playing watch dogs ctOS last night. It was fun chasing people around the city :D

Too bad the app is very buggy.
Typing too fast on the start of session? Game crash. Some messaging app show pop up? Game will "loading" for 20 secs. Want to fight with xbox players? Can't (the linking system is broken). And many more.

Now if the app also can show real-time view of my heli like in Battlelog commander mode, it would be awesome.

how long do you guys for online matchmaking?

on pc it takes more than 5 minutrs and only success once... i guess those many millions copy that sold, almost none on pc?

Pretty quick on PS4 - rarely more than a minute. How does Ubi match players on the PC, is it regionalised?

Does the next gen versions of watch dogs use global illumantion? While it doesn't look as good as the original reveal it still looks mighty nice.

Back