Watch_Dogs by Ubisoft

It's the first 900p/30fps PS4 game, and it's by no means the best looking. If I were buying the game, I wouldn't be that disappointed that it's 900p, but I wasn't expecting it. I was expecting 30fps though.

How do you know it's a technical disaster just because it's 900p30? PS4 isn't exactly a super computer. If your expectation is 1080p60 across the board on PS4, you're going to be very disappointed in your purchase.
After the suspected downgrade we expected at least 1080p/30fps.
I can understand where he is coming from. Now if the game indeed had a downgrade and runs at 900p/30fps, well....thats a bit disappointing

How do you know it's a technical disaster just because it's 900p30? PS4 isn't exactly a super computer. If your expectation is 1080p60 across the board on PS4, you're going to be very disappointed in your purchase.

Nowhere did I state that my expectation is 1080p/60 fps. As a matter of fact, I think it's delusional to expect that on consoles when it comes to AAA games. The problem I have with Watch Dogs is that it doesn't really look impressive, technically. Mainly the lighting is incredibly bland since the E3 2012 and Feb 2013 videos, among other things. It currently looks more like a higher res last-gen game with added effects, and yet it's sub-1080p on the PS4. These new consoles are by no means super computers, like you mentioned, but I'm fairly certain that, technically, they're capable of more. This just screams cross-generational hell to me.

what's with 792p on XBO? Something about what fits into the esram? Seems too coincidental to have this and titanfall the same...

it doesn't look like its doing anything more impressive than infamous which operates north of the border at 1080p and looks a far better sight than this.

Ubisoft woes?

it doesn't look like its doing anything more impressive than infamous which operates north of the border at 1080p and looks a far better sight than this. Ubisoft woes?
But behind the scenes Infamous isn't running a connected city where electricity and power and water interest and effect can environment. It's clear that Watch_Dogs's world is far deeper than Second Son.

900p doesn't bother me, the gameplay bothers me. I'd prefer 1080p over 900p but I'm interested in the gameplay. Infamous looks great - no, amazing in screen shots - but when you're tearing it up, most of that detail is lost in the mayhem.

To be fair, those weren't cross-gen games. And GTA5 probably had a much higher budget than even Watch Dogs. But again, I at least expected 1080p on PS4.

But behind the scenes Infamous isn't running a connected city where electricity and power and water interest and effect can environment. It's clear that Watch_Dogs's world is far deeper than Second Son.

900p doesn't bother me, the gameplay bothers me. I'd prefer 1080p over 900p but I'm interested in the gameplay. Infamous looks great - no, amazing in screen shots - but when you're tearing it up, most of that detail is lost in the mayhem.

Those simulations are run on the jaguar cores. I doubt they are using the ACE units since the ps4 & xbox one version will run identical simulations and the X1 version dones't have those at its disposal.

AC4 disagrees with your assertion. and i sincerely doubt watch dogs does anything so impressive at this point. you click a function and something happens. its basically pre determined destruction

Those simulations are run on the jaguar cores. I doubt they are using the ACE units since the ps4 & xbox one version will run identical simulations and the X1 version dones't have those at its disposal.

X1 does have ACEs, just 2 with 16 queues instead of 8 and 64.

what's with 792p on XBO? Something about what fits into the esram? Seems too coincidental to have this and titanfall the same...

I dont know but I was surprised how well 792P+2XMSAA seemed to approximate 1080P on Titanfall, so this combo can look quite good.

wZL92ze.png

So I guess this marks 3rd sub 1080 game on PS4? WD, BF4, and Shadowfall MP.

Back