Watch_Dogs by Ubisoft

People are judging by different clips from different settings/scenes. Personally I don't think there have been any downgrades since the first gameplay they've showed (that was probably running on a high-end PC). I doubt Ubisoft would target 60fps and sacrifice IQ when the game doesn't even really need 60fps. Either they were able to achieve 60fps without sacrificing IQ, or the 60fps rumors are false and it's still 30fps.

Another trailer, called '101', is out. It's 9 minutes long and there isn't a whole lot that's new to my eyes, but it's an overall wrap up of the game and all the individual elements.

The latest trailer from ubisoft looks bit too clean (not much aliasing at all) to be console footage. And resolution is better than gameplay showed this far.. somehow too good to be true for consoles.

What is it with anisotropic filtering or better said the lack of for XB1 or PS4 ports these days ? Simply refuse to believe it's that demanding on either the GPU or perhaps DRAM bandwidth. Some quirky thing in AMD's GPU ?

I believe there are only 3 games without AF on PS4:

- Thief
- Strider
- Outlast

2 of these games (Thief and Outlast) have being confirmed being developed with Unreal Engine 3 not sure about the third. I believe it's a bug/problem in the Unreal engine for PS4.

This very limited (Unreal Engine) problem/bug has being way too much overblown and generalized to everything (and It's DF fault). Now each time people see some blurred textures for whatever reasons (like if textures were blurred by motion blur or insufficient texture filtering) they cry "No AF!".

AF is present at normal levels in all Watchdogs videos I have seen.

People are judging by different clips from different settings/scenes. Personally I don't think there have been any downgrades since the first gameplay they've showed
Nope, not once did Ubi show any footage that is even close to the 2012 and 2013 (daylight) videos. Every other footage released after those exhibits a clear and massive downgrade in the quality of the lighting system. Now lighting is flat, less HDR, less lens flare, less sun flare and daylight bloom, less fog, bad explosions and smoke .. etc. It is so clear that the game looks like an old gen title now.

The argument that these are different day time/settings and weather conditions is lame at best, it simply means the Disrupt engine sucks!! it can not deliver good IQ unless under specific conditions, which is ridiculous, and doesn't absolve Ubi of any responsibility, it just means they can not provide a decent engine for Watch_Dogs.

I believe there are only 3 games without AF on PS4
You can add DayLight to this list too, it's recent title on UE4.

Nope, not once did Ubi show any footage that is even close to the 2012 and 2013 (daylight) videos. Every other footage released after those exhibits a clear and massive downgrade in the quality of the lighting system. Now lighting is flat, less HDR, less lens flare, less sun flare and daylight bloom, less fog, bad explosions and smoke .. etc. It is so clear that the game looks like an old gen title now.
I worded that incorrectly. What I meant was that I don't think there have been any downgrades since the first PS4 reveal in Feb 2013. I didn't mean to say that there haven't been any downgrades from the first reveal in 2012. I feel that you still disagree, but I just wanted to clear that up.

Last edited by a moderator:

More importantly!!!

Watch_Dogs_MOTORCYCLE_618x348.png

Now I don't need to buy Trials Fusion!!! :oops:

Pff, what a technical disaster this game has been. First severely downgraded since the E3 2012 reveal, and now it's 900p/30 fps on PS4. What a joke.

Now, I'm expecting 720p on The Division...

I do fear for The Divison as well, but one thing to keep in mind is that since The Division is only current-gen, I'm sure they'll spend lots of time optimizing and trying to squeeze all of the juice out of the consoles. I don't think the case with Watch Dogs is the result of the machines not being capable. It's just a cross-generational mess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pff, what a technical disaster this game has been. First severely downgraded since the E3 2012 reveal, and now it's 900p/30 fps on PS4. What a joke.

How do you know it's a technical disaster just because it's 900p30? PS4 isn't exactly a super computer. If your expectation is 1080p60 across the board on PS4, you're going to be very disappointed in your purchase.

Back