Watch_Dogs by Ubisoft

Please check high quality trailer on GAMERSYDE . Game looks quite good . For sure there is downgrade Compared to 1st reveal but ] see no changes Compared to Ps4 game play from 2013 .

The game looks quite good when traveling on foot, even the vehicles look good in non-chases. However, the game looses a lot of detail (LOD and/or texture streaming problem?) when in medium to high-speed vehicle chases. Not just texture IQ, but it seems the vehicles and surrounding meshes (polygons) also take a large hit during these chases. Almost a 30% reduction in overall IQ... and it doesn't look like a bad post-processing blur effect is to blame.

I'm wondering if an aggressive (very aggressive) LOD system is in place, on sustaining reasonable frame-rates during these chases? :???:

Watch Dogs Offers Optional Drop-in Multiplayer, Blood, and More

On the heels of the release date announcement for Watch Dogs, Ubisoft held a Q&A session for fans covering a few pertinent topics.
w.png

During the livestream, Danny Belanger, lead game designer, shed more light on how players can interact with one another and what mechanisms are in place to prevent some players from ruining the game for others.

“All the online activities are just part of the menu,” stated Belanger on the livestream, via Polygon. ”They’re a choice. But if someone is not into that …. they can totally turn it off.”

Should you choose to keep that option on, Ubisoft has designed the system in way to prevent your game from being spoiled. He added, “there’s also something important called the shield.”

“If someone comes into your game, they can’t come in right after so you can’t be spammed in that way — unless you become aggressive and you start going into other people’s games. Then you really become available. But it’s just a player choice in the end.”

In case you were wondering if the game featured blood since some recent rumors suggested it wouldn’t, Watch Dog’s Creative Director, Jonathan Morin, assured on Twitter that “there’s blood in the game”.

Watch Dogs is slated for May 27th release, featuring several types of multiplayer modes.

Plus dev confirming that PS4 version is not downgraded since E3 2013, and that PC version was constantly upgraded and optimized:
m3TXu8Q.jpg

Watch Dogs PC minimum specs confirmed

VideoGamer have posted the minimum PC specs:
  • CPU: IntelCore 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz or AMDPhenom II X4 940 3.0Ghz
  • RAM: 6Gb
  • GPU: 1024 VRAM DirectX 11 Shader 5.0
  • HDD: 25 GB

6Gb RAM minimum!!

VideoGamer have posted the minimum PC specs:
  • CPU: IntelCore 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz or AMDPhenom II X4 940 3.0Ghz
  • RAM: 6Gb
  • GPU: 1024 VRAM DirectX 11 Shader 5.0
  • HDD: 25 GB

6Gb RAM minimum!!

Pretty high CPU requirements too all things considered. GPU looks quite modest though.

Will be interesting to see how CPU requirements change if DX12 delivers on it's promises.

They are promising a PC showing soon, I will hold my final judgement till i see this one. The PS4 share trailer looks decent enough though.

I just noticed this trailer showed a close up of the main character shooting a pistol from a side-view and his finger does not move to pull the trigger.
Now that IS a small detail, but not a microscopic one. What AAA game animator neglects that, and what AAA advertising studio puts it on a TV comercial...

There was another game that had 6gb ram as a minimum that turn out to be an artificial limitation someone removed the ram check from the game and it ran fine
edit: cod ghosts

I just noticed this trailer showed a close up of the main character shooting a pistol from a side-view and his finger does not move to pull the trigger.
Now that IS a small detail, but not a microscopic one. What AAA game animator neglects that, and what AAA advertising studio puts it on a TV comercial...

I noticed something similar, the part where someone was passing him the cell phone. His hand and fingers didn't flinch, the phone just appeared in it.

The downgrade is still huge. What happened? Especially the lighting.

I think they messed up making it current gen too. Or at least not doing a better job differentiating the versions. And they're Ubisoft, AFAIK like 600 people work on their games, so they should have been able to do better.

I used to think this would sell great (and it probably still will due to droughts) but it's been so downgraded I now have doubts.

The downgrade is still huge. What happened? Especially the lighting.

I think they messed up making it current gen too. Or at least not doing a better job differentiating the versions. And they're Ubisoft, AFAIK like 600 people work on their games, so they should have been able to do better.

I used to think this would sell great (and it probably still will due to droughts) but it's been so downgraded I now have doubts.

Everytime I look at new footage I wonder what the hell happened. This barely looks better than GTA5 if at all

There might not have been a downgrade per-se, but an actual overestimation of what the team could shape the game to end up like during the period of development in which the first E3 demo was shown.
It could have been an over-optimistic vertical slice of a as-of-then, very unfinished game. So it might have never actually gotten downgraded, it's just that they didn't manage to devote the same amount of atention and detail density to a whole open world game and a bunch of missions.

watched that video
60 minutes of gameplay
wow a whole hour!
graphically its better than GTA5 but its not very impressive, why does the smoke have clipping issues? whats it now? the noughties.
could be fun though if you're so inclined, but not my thing.

hmm I havent followed this game but
hacking == lots of shooting and car chases, heres me thinking it was when you enter the computer and do kungfu fights

watched that video
60 minutes of gameplay
wow a whole hour!
graphically its better than GTA5 but its not very impressive, why does the smoke have clipping issues? whats it now? the noughties.
could be fun though if you're so inclined, but not my thing.

hmm I havent followed this game but
hacking == lots of shooting and car chases, heres me thinking it was when you enter the computer and do kungfu fights

Are you sure you're not looking at Youtube compression artifacts ? I can imagine heavy compression causes clipping specially for things like smoke and explosions.

Yeah, my fear is also that Watchdogs is Assassins Creed I or e.g. Thief 4 set in modern times. Lots and lots repetitive stuff with mediocre graphics.

Not sure where the smoke clipping is.

edit:

It's certainly not volumetric explosions (just different smoke texture layers), but the smoke at say... 0:51 or 1:07 feather just fine.

I was about to write that I wouldn't mind the GFX downgrade if the game is running at 60fps, but to be perfectly honest, I actually prefer the original look at 30.

Such a shame.

Maybe they're looking to have the same assets/resolution across both PS4 and Xbox One. Which would be a massive shame for all the PS4 owners.

Back