Watch_Dogs by Ubisoft

The reason I am not felling interested in this game is that it seems that I would just be pressing X to do everything. Press X to hack, press X to enable roadblock, Press X to create a diversion,press x to hack, atm press X to hack camera, press X , press X.....

If the premise is very strong and missions very creative and unique, only then can I see this holding my interest for long. The city in itself sin't something that can keep me hooked. The graphics themselves also seem pretty toned down from the initial showing or maybe we have got spoiled by other next gen showings.

That said I wasn't expecting the delay at all. What about the people who have pre ordered it ?

more ot the point , a lot of stores had bundles for the xbox one and ps4 with the game in it and special printed boxes. Do those people now loose their place in line or will they have to pick another game or what.

So a cluster

more ot the point , a lot of stores had bundles for the xbox one and ps4 with the game in it and special printed boxes. Do those people now loose their place in line or will they have to pick another game or what.

So a cluster

Some have already addressed this. Depending on the retailer the answer is "no".

Amazon sounded like they were handling it the best, changing WD bundles to simple unbundled PS4's (arguably an upgrade for anyone who was force-bundled). Gamestop I believe was forcing you to buy another game in lieu of WD. Either way you dont lose your place.

I doubt they had special printed boxes in production yet (if at all)...probably just mock ups.

Glad they are going to try and refine this, since E3 I have had my doubts about the core gameplay mechanics. To me it seemed like you could easily have an AC1 type of scenario with the same relatively boring missions over and over. Graphics look fine, story so far comes across as somewhat generic but acceptable, personally I just need to see more compelling gameplay at this point.

I just hope it's going to be more than yet another homogenous one-size-fits-all sludge from the Ubi assembly line. Everything from the French giant that's not titled Rayman is starting to blur together.

If it means they can optimize the PS4 version to 1080p then totally go for it. I'm literally unfazed by the delay since I'll have more than enough PS4 games to keep me occupied and that's not even counting Xbone's exclusives. In fact I actually think this works out the best for me :).

The reason I am not felling interested in this game is that it seems that I would just be pressing X to do everything. Press X to hack, press X to enable roadblock, Press X to create a diversion,press x to hack, atm press X to hack camera, press X , press X.....
:LOL: I guess it won't help if they also allow you to use 'Y':)

:LOL: I guess it won't help if they also allow you to use 'Y':)

Well, it does make a difference if you have different activities on different buttons :D ! Look at action games, if every action was just context sensitive "Press X" then things wouldn't be as fluid to control or fun. ANyways, I don't like context sensitive controls in any game, so maybe I have a bias. But it isn't fun to me when all you do is "press X" in an action game. I would like it much better if stuff was hard-coded to different buttons and I won't have to wait for a prompt to pop-up to perform it...also leads to performing wrong actions as sometimes prompts change right when u press the button.

It almost feels like an adventure game where you keep hovering your phone around and press X to choose an activity. Maybe its a lot of fun, but we need a hands on demo to know that.

Also, the basic premise of the game: that you cannot hack into the cameras and phones of an area until u access its CTOS building , completely falls apart when you realise that although you can't hack anything in the area, you can easily hack into the equipment and cameras of the CTOS building itself, that too without any need for any special equipment or anything :rolleyes: !!! WTF ! So, the security provided by the CTOS to all the devices in the area doesn't work for the main building where CTOS is housed ? :-/

I know, if the game is fun, all is forgiven but it seems pretty silly to me. Hope it turns out good and we get a great new franchise.

Disappointed in the postponement. I do wonder if they looked at GTA V on current gen and the amount of gameplay diversity it offers and decided to add more in.

Disappointed in the postponement. I do wonder if they looked at GTA V on current gen and the amount of gameplay diversity it offers and decided to add more in.

Maybe, it is a pretty long delay. I think it's mostly just getting it in a polished state though. It'll be their new frontrunner if AC starts to get stale, in sales that is ;)

This has appeared on the SEN (Sony) store with a release date of 30 June. Of course Sony could just be hedging their bets as 30 June is the absolute end of Q2 2014, the quarter Ubisoft last announced it would release in.

I remember hearing whispers of the PS4 version being 1080p/30fps and XB1 720p or 900p/30fps, any confirmation on it?

I remember hearing whispers of the PS4 version being 1080p/30fps and XB1 720p or 900p/30fps, any confirmation on it?

That's fairly inline with everything else that is being release dual-platform. Don't see why this would be any different.

I'd be happy if they manage to pull off 1080p on the PS4. The detail in this game looks immense. I wouldn't be surprised of 900p PS4 and 720p Xbox One.

I'd be happy if they manage to pull off 1080p on the PS4. The detail in this game looks immense. I wouldn't be surprised of 900p PS4 and 720p Xbox One.

Yeah, been playing GTA Online a bit lately - my first multiplayer in months, too - and it's making me really stoked for messing about in virtual Chicago. I just hope that Watch Dogs pedestrian AI is half as dynamic as GTAs. Of course, the ideal is GTA VI on next PlayStation 4 :)

I still come across really interesting AI response of some situations on GTA V/Online.

Back