Watch_Dogs by Ubisoft

One would hope, anyway. Digital Foundry's gonna have a field day with this one, moreso I think than they will with AC4.

Update: PS4 WD 1080p - XB1???

Rumor Update: http://www.examiner.com/article/rum...initive-version-of-watch-dogs?cid=db_articles

"720p on PS360, 1080 on PS4, TBD on Xbox One"

When asked if the difference was noticeable, the answer was clear:

"Big difference between last generation and next gen. You can see it. PC can hit up to 60fps 1080, but I think they are aiming for parity with PS4"

From there, the question of frame rate was put in the air, as the Xbox versions of multi-platform games have always seemed to be in question as of late:

"Both hit 30fps easy. I think Xbox One suffers a few dips from 60fps. PS4 is pretty smooth. Definitive version"

this is the original article

http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/watch_dogs/news/watch_dogs_is_30fps_on_ps4_and_xbox_one.html

looks like the examiner is making up their own *rumors* to get hits.

Are you saying the rest of the quotes have been made up ?

When asked what the final resolutions of these titles were shooting for, the answer's was almost as indecisive as Morin's, indicating that the team may still be working on optimization:

"720p on PS360, 1080 on PS4, TBD on Xbox One"
When asked if the difference was noticeable, the answer was clear:

"Big difference between last generation and next gen. You can see it. PC can hit up to 60fps 1080, but I think they are aiming for parity with PS4"
From there, the question of frame rate was put in the air, as the Xbox versions of multi-platform games have always seemed to be in question as of late:

"Both hit 30fps easy. I think Xbox One suffers a few dips from 60fps. PS4 is pretty smooth. Definitive version"
Finally, the idea of the Wii U being "between" next generation, although believable, was still questionable as most Wii U ports are simply that, ports. When asked the truthfulness behind this, the answer was... honest... if anything:

"Meh. Wii U is on par with current generation, to be honest."
So there you have it, the PlayStation 4 version of Watch_Dogs is the

That would be a lot of fake stuff, if they made it all up. Someone ask Mortin on twitter.

Are you saying the rest of the quotes have been made up ?

That would be a lot of fake stuff, if they made it all up. Someone ask Mortin on twitter.

Yoshida, gotta love this guy style (13 tweets down). I guess the PS4 version of DW is running at 1080p... but I have this feeling is going to get hit with the parity syndrome stick.

https://mobile.twitter.com/yosp

('-').o0 (I definitively like it.) #thedefinitiveversion

I'd rather have next gen looking game with better lighting/shaders/etc at lower resolution than current gen looking game uprezzed to 1080p...:LOL:;)

I'd rather have next gen looking game with better lighting/shaders/etc at lower resolution than current gen looking game uprezzed to 1080p...:LOL:;)

Well if the rumours are true the console version will most likely be identical sans reso, so I dont know what your suggesting there.

I think Morin was subtlety giving us the baseline of target performance, (A.K.A. the Xbone version, sub 1080p, steady 30 fps) rather than actually telling us a common spec. It's all dependent on the 'political factor' but I don't think it's likely they'll deliberately downgrade the PS4 version if they have it up and running easily at a higher spec.

1080p 60fps sounds about right for PS4. It's in line with PC GPU performance benchmarks on AC3.

I think Morin was subtlety giving us the baseline of target performance, (A.K.A. the Xbone version, sub 1080p, steady 30 fps) rather than actually telling us a common spec. It's all dependent on the 'political factor' but I don't think it's likely they'll deliberately downgrade the PS4 version if they have it up and running easily at a higher spec.

1080p 60fps sounds about right for PS4. It's in line with PC GPU performance benchmarks on AC3.
Could you explain how you got anything of that from what Morin said please, as I didn't see him say hint anything of the such.

Could you explain how you got anything of that from what Morin said please, as I didn't see him say hint anything of the such.

Watch Dogs will run at 30FPS on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, creative director Jonathan Morin has told VideoGamer.com.

Inference by the author of the article.

"Right now the frame rate we're focusing on [is] a steady 30[FPS]," said Morin speaking to us at Eurogamer Expo this afternoon. "There's always a balance, especially for open world, between the simulation and the rest.

"I think for where we are, the most important thing is the steadiness and [ensuring] that it's always capped the same so when you play it it feels right."

They are focusing on a steady 30 fps, but makes no indication of platforms. And the Examiner tells the rest of the story.

He said never singled out either system the way you did, or implied that.

The other article isn't from Morin, which you said you was talking about.

I'll ignore the way it was written but I'll hold what Morin says above what the other articles _sources_ says.

Wow, big delay. New engine, 6 platforms.. something was bound to give I guess. The surprise is how close this announcement is prior to release. You'd think they would've predicted trouble was afoot much sooner.

It's going to be a lean winter for the new consoles. . .

Not really.

3 of the major FPS are released in the same month (BF, COD, KZ).
Assassin's Creed IV is out and it's the biggest open world franchise in existence + Dead Rising 3 is there too.
If you like racing games Forza 5 and Drive Club are there for you.
There's a plethora of indie games and F2P coming + exclusives on both sides.
In 2014 we get Second Son, Watch Dogs, PlanetSide 2, Deep Down and more.

Plenty of games to keep us entertained before the end of the Winter.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder why Ubisoft is not using one engine for their new games, same as EA is doing with Frostbite?

The Division looks awesome and could be a great engine for all their nextgen open world games.

I guess that when you have several studios working on several products/IP internally it's good to keep diversity.
Not even the Sony Worldwide Studios are using the same engine after all.
EA was using also Unreal Engine prior to Frostbite 3.

I am expecting Disrupt Engine to replace Anvil anyway that it's showing its age.

Last edited by a moderator:
from what I was able to play at comic con , its a pretty boring game and had a lot of frame rate issues on the ps4 so I could only imagine the other platforms

Back