Gears of War: Judgment

I wonder if there's enough substance left in the Gears universe and gameplay, if it's possible to present something new and interesting after the third game... But hey, MS needs one of the two big exclusives for every autumn ;)

Yeah... I have similar concerns since it just feels like an expansion pack. :s

Would be nice if they carried over the Gears 3 maps for Horde and MP whilst updating them for any new features they come up with for those modes.

At least the new character faces for Braid and Cole are significantly more realistic.

I hope they do a better job with the facial rigging. It got a bit painful seeing the similarities between characters in Gears 3, especially knowing how they went about it from that presentation. XD

The red-head looks a bit... strange now that we've got a look at her face/neck.

hm... no AA at all in the b-roll footage. Baird's hair and armour look crisper than I recall in Gears 3.

MS needs one of the two big exclusives for every autumn ;)

I was thinking it would be a April-ish 2013 release for Gears Judgement... Of course it could be delayed like Gears3 was so it would hit in autumn.

In any case, it's far too early to begin introducing nextgen games. And I can imagine this running on current consoles... have you seen the crowds in Hitman?

Just downloaded the B-roll footage. So far it's Horde and Beast mode footage. Looks identical to Gears 3. Kind of underwhelming.

Must be why it's a B-roll.

The SP footage looks quite a bit better (from the full trailer on the press site since nothing was really shown in the the shorter conference version).

There's also this change for Sophia (from http://www.vgleaks.com/world-premiere-gears-of-war-judgement-trailer-screens/):

gears-of-war-judgemen1tz0s.jpg

From the extended trailer:
PTgPs.jpg

Wtf?

still xbox only? kind of surprised, i thought epic will be on stage ar sony press. since the main trilogy is over, i don't see why keeping this exclusive anymore unless its ms fubded again. pcf has experience with ps3 already, might as well make use of it. maybe we eill see some surprise for wii u.

I really didn't enjoy the conclusion to the trilogy. I would buy the series again if it were a 30-40 euro PS3 collection type of deal, just for nostalgic purposes.
Then again, the games do not look that hot to be honest (UE3 after all), and on PS3 the situation could be even worse; tougher technical competition combined with a probably mediocre port would mean disaster. On 360 though the games shine because of UE3 preference to the 360 hardware.

Ontopic:
I could be a great game but they way they showed it seemed more like it was a spinoff, like the main storyline will be overshadowed by the multiplayer-type modes. But fingers crossed because I really like the universe! (outside of the conclusion)

Back