Beyond new Quantic Dreams game

KKRT

Veteran
Look absolutely amazing. Geometry on those chars is godly and self-shadowing is so high res, how have they even done that?

7336303242_8e63203162_b.jpg

7336303656_d6f6b89e69_b.jpg

7336306228_bc45bd1331_b.jpg

7336306422_431174389d_b.jpg

7336306968_98e76de123_b.jpg

7336302948_dc95c865a3_b.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7213/7336306540_f71f3ee480_b.jpg
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7224/7336306668_c607e262a4_b.jpg
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7244/7336306776_07e9d0e1ee_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bad contrast on those shots, but otherwise it does look good. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it looks that great, but I am very happy to hear that the quality of actors will be upgraded, and I am hoping Cage doesn't get too much in the way of the promise of this kind of interactive technology. If I were Sony, I would be pushing hard for writers and producers that traditionally work on episodes in high profile TV series and movies to try and experiment with this format, to create something interactive that is interesting. Leaving this kind of technology in the hand of just one game designer and team is a waste (I feel the same way about Uncharted c.s.). We would have a much better platform iteration if 10 different teams would be working on creating unique experiences every two years, rather than just one team iterating every couple of years.

It's all scanned and digitized and captured. Interesting direction - I prefer a hand crafted approach - but they seem to have nailed the execution. Based on the Kara demo they have the facial mocap nailed as well...

I guess we'll get direct feed material after the Sony conference, but I'm not gonna stay up for that long ;)

Laa-Yosh said:
It's all scanned and digitized and captured. Interesting direction - I prefer a hand crafted approach - but they seem to have nailed the execution. Based on the Kara demo they have the facial mocap nailed as well...

I guess we'll get direct feed material after the Sony conference, but I'm not gonna stay up for that long ;)

I took my iPad to bed, we'll see if I wake up from my iPhone alarm (can't use the other one as that wakes up everyone)

Just wait for the video. :)

Geometry on those chars is godly and self-shadowing is so high res, how have they even done that?

There are shadowing artefacts if you look for them (once the video comes out), so just chalk it up to really tight control over the scenes being shown. The non-main characters aren't really up to the same quality as the people with faces anyhow.

That said, I do wonder what the actual gameplay entails...

Needs a Beyond 3D version. *cough*

This time they're actually capturing Ellen Page for all the geometry, textures, and animation.

Their engine has really improved a lot, the GT interview mentioned physically based shaders so I guess that's why reflections look so nice now, also Bokeh DOF, vastly improved animation, cloth tech and ultra detailed human models. The level itself looks much bigger and more stuffs going on than Heavy Rain's, but the best things about it is Ellen Page's voice acting, she alone makes this game worthy.

Their engine has really improved a lot, the GT interview mentioned physically based shaders so I guess that's why reflections look so nice now, also Bokeh DOF, vastly improved animation, cloth tech and ultra detailed human models. The level itself looks much bigger and more stuffs going on than Heavy Rain's, but the best things about it is Ellen Page's voice acting, she alone makes this game worthy.

In fact, this game runs under a new engine. ;)

Even though I really liked Heavy Rain, this seems quite a let down for me.

I have only watched the clips, but still... I mean, a SWAT team goes for a "frail looking" woman with telekinetic powers *sigh* . But, I will buy the game for sure if I only have 1-2 moments like in Heavy Rain (e.g. the father-son interaction etc.).

I would really love that someone tells David Cage that he is not a good writer. The problem is, the video game writing is usually so bad, that his writing seems good in comparison.

When I see certain, it seems unavoidable, mediocrities, I am really thanking God for Kickstarter.

I hear many devs saying their PR pushed for heavy hitting scenes as E3 is getting more and more TV attention (it was all broadcasted live).

I also heard you are actually a ghost with strong telekintec powers, the ability to posess people etc

Even though I really liked Heavy Rain, this seems quite a let down for me.

I have only watched the clips, but still... I mean, a SWAT team goes for a "frail looking" woman with telekinetic powers *sigh* . But, I will buy the game for sure if I only have 1-2 moments like in Heavy Rain (e.g. the father-son interaction etc.).

I would really love that someone tells David Cage that he is not a good writer. The problem is, the video game writing is usually so bad, that his writing seems good in comparison.

When I see certain, it seems unavoidable, mediocrities, I am really thanking God for Kickstarter.
Havent you watched Akira? ;)

Back