CDP making a Cyberpunk 2020 game

green.pixel

Veteran
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/171358/CD_Projekt_ventures_beyond_The_Witcher_with_Cyberpunk.php
CD Projekt, the Polish developer and publisher behind The Witcher series, announced a new game that will be based on R. Talsorian Games' pen-and-paper roleplaying game Cyberpunk.

This new title, which is billed as a "triple-A RPG," is the first new IP that CD Projekt has tackled since the company found success with its Witcher franchise in 2007. The developer has formed a new group made up of veterans from the Witcher team to work on it.

CD Projekt is collaborating with Pondsmith on the title, and says it intends to create a whole franchise of games based on Cyberpunk, just as it did with The Witcher book series created by Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski. The company hasn't yet discussed planned platforms or release timing.

Though Cyberpunk's near-futuristic setting is very different from The Witcher's, CD Projekt says its new game will feature many hallmarks from that series, such as morally ambiguous choices, non-linear progression, and a complex story designed for mature audiences.

More info on the PnP game - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberpunk_2020

ib0zlje1nq0dq1uc7hu.png

ig3yf4xgih6w87yuy0.png

High res - http://i.imgur.com/pMSgW.jpg

Info from the conference slides (thanks to Man from Atlantis):
Rich, futuristic world
Ultramodern technology
Decadent and degenerate human society

From the PNP game:
4700+ pages describing the game world, 44 handbooks

Last edited by a moderator:
I am officially intrigued. Having dabbled with pen and paper RPGs in my youth (although never one based on this particular rulebook), it would feel like coming home in a way.

You know... I miss the 80s, sometimes. Not everything became better after computers took over everything.

I have a feeling this is 2013/14 title which might not work on XBOX360 ;)

Release Witcher 3 and then this new IP! Something to look forward to ...

Sounds super interesting...cannot wait to see the world and universe they create!

I bought Deus Ex, but it is not my cup of tea...hoping for some proper sci fi here after Mass Effect

I got Blade Runner vibe :smile:

2015 is not 'only' 2 years away! Plus we will get some more info in February.

Cool, maybe I'll finally be able to get into one of their games. I've loved the graphics of The Witcher series but hated the combat in each one. Enough that I still haven't finished either the first or second game. :(

But, this definitely looks interesting. I can't wait to see what they come up with when they turn their hands to a cyberpunk design. The actioin combat in that case maybe won't rub me the wrong way...unless they decide to throw in QTEs. >.<

Regards,
SB

It has a single-player campaign, yes? IE; not just a multiplayer gun-and-run copout like so many recent games? (Like, battlefield for example, counterstrike, team fortress, quake wars and so on.)

Thank you. Since that's the case, then it'll be great! :D ...Or so I choose to believe, anyway.

Back