Devil may Cry 5 - I've played it, and interviewed the Producer...

warcrow

Regular
DmC Devil may Cry - I've played it, and interviewed the Producer...

Just wanted to let you guys know I played DmC last Friday, and also conducted an interview with Associate Producer Gregory Lewickyj.

Here is one of my favorite parts of the interview:

How was it, getting the Japanese team and Ninja Theory together to learn to work together cohesively?
There are a lot of challenges involved with that. Obviously the language [barrier] and making sure everyone is speaking in the same terms about the same things. I think there’s been a lot of fun there too. I think there’s been a lot of learning on both sides. Both teams have been really excited about it. I know some of the Ninja guys were really on board with having those guys come out and work with them. It’s been really productive. So, yes, there have been some challenges that go into that, and some have taken a little longer to iron out, but once we got there we got to a place where there is a lot of productivity going into those conversations. Both teams are really feeling they’re getting a new perspective on some of the problems being faced in the development process. You know, how one team might look at a certain problem and address it compared to how the other time might do it, and then hashing it out.

Also, gameplay impressions:
The vertical slice I played—focused mainly on a combat sequence in a burning city—was quite fun! I didn’t get to see everything the game has to offer (menus did not work), but I did notice there’s a dedicated evade button, a soft lock to enemies, a style meter and of course the new Angel/Demon modes. I sort of cynically anticipated this game feeling awkward, as it made a desperate crawl towards Bayonetta’s style and mechanics. I’m happy to report I walked away not feel that at all. It still feels like Devil May Cry, but better looking and…juicier. This is mainly due to the ability to quickly switch between Angel and Demon mode. Yes it can be done mid-flight, and there is no cooldown. So in a flash I was able to switch between the modes at the press of a trigger.

Got any questions? Shoot and I'll do my best. Full impressions and interview can found over here: http://eat-games.tumblr.com

Last edited by a moderator:
So even though the frame rate is cut in half, the game still felt similar?

Awesome if true. Will read this on my ride home from work, thanks!

Ha, careful there man. Don't want you to get in an accident. :O

For what it's worth, it was a smooth 30+ frames (unconfirmed), and played great.

Devil may Cry 5 hasn't been announced yet.

This game is called DmC (dunno what the acronym stands for). It's a different game.

It's a different game I tell you!!! :devilish:

Back