Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

Update tomorrow: http://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=12283

Some notables that I'm interested in/affect me are:
-ARs nerfed a bit
-Scout rifles got a nice little bump
-Hand cannons gain accuracy in the air
-Pocket Infinity nerfed (Battery perk replaced with speed reload). This one actually doesn't really affect me, because I use the stability perk any way.
-(Don't really care about this one as I don't have it, and I don't play PvP) but Vex Mythoclast damaged was reduced by 34%!

I may start using my fully upgraded legendary scout rifle a lot more now. Or the MIDA Multi Tool exotic scout. And my hand cannon (that I've already been using a lot lately).

Last edited by a moderator:
Destinations
The Fallen have also retreated from their hold over the Rocket Yard to discuss a new takeover plan

what?
Bungie is a fan of "Cryptic dialogue"... even in changelog they use cryptic sentenxe..

btw solo-ed Xyor The Summoning Pit, and failed again. But i learned neat trick.
- on the gate, waiting Dinklebot unlock door, its much safer to hit-and-run between Wizard room and "scenic room".
- on the phogoth room, its safer to run back to "hallways", right before the game switch map files.

@djskribbles
if it makes scout rifle as damaging as handgun, wow! :D
it have more ammo, quicker to shot too.

it seems they also increase the auto aim of scout rifle.

Some people used the cave in the rocket yard for farming. I thought that place was a pain for that due to visibility.

Found a nice looting ground accidentally yesterday while working on my new Icebreaker. Farming these days seem to be about a lot useless greens, a few pointless blues in 20mins of work and try to get your legendary/exotic gear through Cryptarch/Vanguard leveling.

Icebreaker is so good I really fear Bungie may nerf it.

The endless ammo cannot be overstated as an advantage.

As someone on reddit posted, many of the hardest missions are frequently cheesed by getting in some glitch spot and slowly whittling down the boss. But this takes a lot of time, because the limiter becomes waiting for your ammo synthesis cooldown, which is quite time consuming. All that gone with Icebreaker.

Also as some in this thread I think have noted, it also effectively gives you unlimited ammo for any special weapon. Just let it regen to 6, switch to any other special, and it will have half ammo. This would be incredibly useful/overpowered for rocket launchers in particular.

Auto Rifles

Base Damage decreased by 2%
Reduced Precision Damage multiplier from 1.50 -> 1.25 (head shot bonus)
Stability decreased by 4% - 17% (driven by stat value)

Ehh, as an AR guy I was afraid of this. This actually sounds like possibly a significant nerf to me, particularly the headshot damage multiplier reduction will sting.

My primary right now is Aethons epilogue, which already quite a light hitter. You need those headshot multipliers.

I figured this would happen, and my backup plan was hand cannon. However I dont even have a legendary hand cannon.

We'll see how it seems in practice.

Some people used the cave in the rocket yard for farming. I thought that place was a pain for that due to visibility.

Found a nice looting ground accidentally yesterday while working on my new Icebreaker. Farming these days seem to be about a lot useless greens, a few pointless blues in 20mins of work and try to get your legendary/exotic gear through Cryptarch/Vanguard leveling.

that spot is too slow. i prefer this spot, much faster.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRSHDl_7I4k&list=UUyfl2e4lDImtEyaA7LwAWgQ

The changes are necessary for multiplayer, the ARs are incredibly overpowered compared to other weapons.

Though I hardly thing a base damage adjustment of 2% means anything (unless it is an absolute change, rather than a relative one), and I'm not sure that even applies to multiplayer. If the headshot bonus reduction applies to multiplayer that should could for a lot.

Take a sampling of the weapons in a multiplayer game today before the patch hits, and look at everyone's primary weapons. You will probably find 80% or more of the players are using ARs for primaries.

Rarely will you see anyone using a scout rifle or a pistol or a pulse rifle for primary.

WTH, I finally find a blue AR for my primary and Bungie decides to nerf them :mad: ! I have been using pulse rifles for so long that I really liked the change to an AR, but alas !

The changes are necessary for multiplayer, the ARs are incredibly overpowered compared to other weapons.

Though I hardly thing a base damage adjustment of 2% means anything (unless it is an absolute change, rather than a relative one), and I'm not sure that even applies to multiplayer. If the headshot bonus reduction applies to multiplayer that should could for a lot.

Take a sampling of the weapons in a multiplayer game today before the patch hits, and look at everyone's primary weapons. You will probably find 80% or more of the players are using ARs for primaries.

Rarely will you see anyone using a scout rifle or a pistol or a pulse rifle for primary.

Sigh, if they balance weapons on pvp they are making a mistake. They should simply apply any needed balance only in pvp.

And I miss the 40 man raids in world of warcraft. Where loot was random and there never was enough to go around. Even when the raid was on farm.

Sounds to me like vog is already on farm with many raids, so I would not be to worried about getting the needed loot. I would be more worried about what to do next.

Lol at least there was master looter! Getting the same gear gifted to you all the time when it can go to others who don't have it just offends me.

^^ that place can be "slowed down" if you snipe enemy from surface (dont go down). Just camp on their gate on surface.

btw where is your farming spot? i think i need some calm farming time a-la loot-cave.

trying to kill Xyor is very stressful and tiring.
Progress: Solo can survive 2nd boss wave. need to keep alive until 5 wave for Xyor to arrive :/

Mars, the area before Valus Ta'aurc's ship. When you approach the area from the "top" like in the Strike jump on the first mountain plateau on the left side. Then you can shoot everything that crawls there with Icebreaker. The enemies then spawn from the cave from the other side next to the ship(Centurion, Phalanx,Legionary) and Colossus from the ship itself. Some also spawn from the other side.

You can shoot everything, besides the Colossus with one shot but then my weapon is only about 25% fully enabled.

P.S. Sometimes you see people cross the area on their Strike path. But in the time I've been there I've seen nobody using it that way.

^^ that place can be "slowed down" if you snipe enemy from surface (dont go down). Just camp on their gate on surface.

btw where is your farming spot? i think i need some calm farming time a-la loot-cave.

trying to kill Xyor is very stressful and tiring.
Progress: Solo can survive 2nd boss wave. need to keep alive until 5 wave for Xyor to arrive :/

Go out into the hallway that leads into Phogoth (the one with the door that opens into his room). A sentry spawns at the end of the hallway. You can despawn him by running out to where those two knights are, or you can kill him and dodge his void seeker bolts.

Basically, either despawn or kill the sentry. Draw a few of the mobs out into the hallway. Kill them. Rinse and repeat. If you opt to kill the sentry, he releases seeking "void" bolts on death. You can hide from them by jumping up into the ceiling and letting them explode underneath you. Takes some practice to time the jump right.

Doing this, it becomes a test of patience, not of difficulty. If you get excited and run in early, you will die. Things sometimes take a long time to chase you, but they will come eventually. I am 50-50 on despawning vs killing the sentry. I generally killed it, but it respawns almost immediately if you need to leave the area for any reason.

I finished thorn at level 26 doing this. It helps to have a fusion rifle or sniper rifle with fire damage for the wizards. It just takes a long time. I should note it took me about 2 hours to finish the strike like this (in the end, I killed Phogoth too - once the wizards are dead he is pretty easy to take down).

Scout rifles feel great post patch. I hated mida multi-tool before, but now I quite like it. Still feels a bit weak, but it has a high fire rate (for a scout) and a large mag size. My legendary scout feels very powerful now.

Icebreaker is so good I really fear Bungie may nerf it.

The endless ammo cannot be overstated as an advantage.
Yeah, I have my Icebreaker leveled to 288 attack. Love it.
It has carried me through the nightfall/weekly strikes for the past 2 weeks. Again, unlimited ammo FTW.

I also hope they don't nerf it. If they do, I think they may make the ammo regen slower or something. Or maybe take away some of its impact rating or range.

The Doctor Nope AR I build up atm really feels different now in PvE. It was difficult to control before and now it got even more inefficient with head shots. This nerfing really starts to annoy me.

maybe its not only because the gameplay is nice, just like halo, but also because each play session is bloody long...

btw Destiny need to indicate who is the "server" when playing with fireteam. Its getting annoying when our gameplay become laggy and we need to "orbit" one by one until we found the laggy culprit. Then he can join again, no lag for other players.

Solo-ed the weekly 28 heroic. First time for that accomplishment. 9 strange coins is nice. Now I have all week to try the nightfall, and try to get in raids as well.

I can feel myself getting more powerful, I used to only do the daily on 26. Now on 28 it's a breeze, now I beat the Heroic on 28...etc :p

Last couple daily missions were short as hell!

I didn't notice the AR nerf too bad. I think it'll mainly have effect in PVP. Regardless of the nerf, I'm still def leveling up Athens Epilogue because of it's unique properties of void damage and oracle killer. It will always be worth having fully leveled for those.

Back