Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

^^ but thats what destiny is. Because its random, people with more works will get more stuff, because they have more chance (not more chance.. dont know the english >_< )

Killing lots of enemy with headshots on strike? nope, got nothing. Friend that just joined with 1 kill got engrams.
got top 3 on crucible, got nothing again...

i too often got "nothing" after doing something seriously, competitively. Thats why i much prefer playing Queens Watch mission although i already have all her reward gear (head and armor). Then i became "legendary helper", bringing friend together to gather 100% legendary from queen.

this resulting i have lots, lots of legendary head and armor lol.

About upgrading,
yeah :(
but i decided to bite the bullet and upgraded my -ugly- head because the exotic that Xur sells is much uglier.

normally i dont care with appearance, heck im still using default cloak from level 1... but the headgear from Xur is just ugly.. horrific.. everytime i see the "preview" makes me nauseus (i cant stand watching anything that clearly shows something like infected-open-flesh-wound). Long time ago, even watching mainboard makes me "Euugh".

Last edited by a moderator:
The guy who makes Destiny guides on GAF just put up his latest (last?). It's interesting in crystallizing some of my own thoughts and ideas. Basically he posits level 28 can be a goal in itself, as at that level you can do everything in the game (except hard mode VoG), and there's no need to progress to 29 or 30, although you can if you want of course and it depends on your own desires. 29 definitely, as I had already figured, seems like a superflous level. You will have to sink a lot of shards into equipment you cant keep if you want to get to 30, to get to 29. He also gets into building a specific character as a goal. That's whats been bothering me lately, I dont want to sink shards into gear I'm not 100% I want to keep, and it's kind of gnawing at my brain and even becoming a detriment to the game imo. OTOH I'm 27, and want to get to 28 soon, but to do that I need to sink a few shards into equipment I may not be 100% committed too...but then there's no options except essentially to "wait" as you cant make any plans until you know what gear you may have in hand from random drops or what Xur may be selling each week...it's a bit annoying.
I believe there's a penalty system where you do less damage to higher level enemies, and you take more damage. So basically, 28 allows you to do most (all?) things on even ground.

I played the nightfall at lvl 27 and 28 and I definitely noticed a difference. I guess the only reason to level up to 29+ is to be able to take/do more damage from/to lvl 28 enemies.
I'm just 1 or 2 Light points away from reaching lvl 29... just need a few more shards. Even if I fully upgrade all of my armor (exotic helmet, legendary the rest), I won't be able to get to 30. I guess I need raid gear.

Also just did an exotic bounty for the Pocket Infinity fusion rifle. Once upgraded to hold 8 per clip and to use auto mode, this thing is a beast!

My impression is that head shots with a scout rifle vs pulse/auto seem to generate more blues on Venus. I did this 200 Fallen Headshot Queen job a few times there.

i always use handgun and because it have crazy auto-aim, doing headshot is rather easy, especially in farming zone.

but greens,, rarely blue, never purple or gold.

Depends where you're shooting from. Scout rifles generally have more range and do more damage at longer distances. It's a good mid-long range weapon. Hand cannons and auto rifles are best for everything else IMO. Pulse rifles are kind of in-between and are my least favorite weapons.

I think the engram drops are mostly random. I do find that when I do large amounts of damage in a short amount of time, that's when I get blue and purple engrams more often. Like firing into a big group of enemies and getting a bunch of headshots. Or firing my rocket launcher or tossing a grenade into a group of enemies.

Actually I like Pulse rifles. My first great weapon was the Strangers Rifle.

Currently I mix between Legendary Auto Hex Caster ARC and Legendary Fair and Square Pulse which is quite effective in disposing Vex/Cabal in a short time. Also have a Legendary Scout I build up in some situation but it's not a weapon I really enjoy(yet).

I look for a Suros Regime which looks like the best compromise between the Hex Caster and Pulse.
My only exotic weapons are the Thunderlord and the rocket launcher Gjallahorn.

I don't hate pulse rifles, but I find that I do more damage to high level/shielded enemies/bosses with ARs in the same amount of time with the least amount of effort (not needing to press the trigger every time). Playing the raid or the nightfall is pretty exhausting with scout or pulse rifles. Also I think the slow firing rate bothers me.

I have Red Death (exotic pulse rifle), and Mida Multi-tool (exotic scout) but I use Shadow Price (legendary AR) the most. Suros Regime is the one I want as well. Rumor is that Bungie is gonna patch Destiny because it's too over-powered, though.

I also like hand cannons because they're incredibly powerful and do the most damage per shot for primary weapons. A legendary/exotic hand cannon and Suros Regime are the two weapons that I really want right now. An exotic rocket launcher would be nice, but I'm pretty happy with the one I have (forget the name, but it does plenty of damage and holds 3 per clip after upgrades).

for me pulse rifle only useful to take down enemy's shield.

and.. now i have exotic bounty that tell me to kill 50 enemies with VOID damage. Every death = substract the kill count.

man.. the bounty are for Handgun, why i need to kill enemy using void damage. Its super hard to kill enemy in crucible using Alt weapon...

EDIT
hmm i say, forget it and lets store the exotic bounty for later... and.. i cant. The storage cannot store bounty :/

EDIT2
the matchmaking is broken.. lost 5 times in a row (TDM). But still not as bad as Titanfall where a team can lost almost all day lol

I believe there's a penalty system where you do less damage to higher level enemies, and you take more damage. So basically, 28 allows you to do most (all?) things on even ground.

I played the nightfall at lvl 27 and 28 and I definitely noticed a difference. I guess the only reason to level up to 29+ is to be able to take/do more damage from/to lvl 28 enemies.

As I understand it though the gains stop once you are equal level to the enemy. So 27 is at a disadvantage versus a 28 enemy, but 29 wouldn't help you against a 28 enemy more than 28 would.

The reason you overpower the 3's and 4's back at Earth is just because you have more health/better armor/better weapons, not that you are 20+ levels above them.

Following that vein, I guess the reason people want 29 for hard VoG is to reduce the damage penalty, their must be at least some level 30 enemies in there I assume.

I don't hate pulse rifles, but I find that I do more damage to high level/shielded enemies/bosses with ARs in the same amount of time with the least amount of effort (not needing to press the trigger every time). Playing the raid or the nightfall is pretty exhausting with scout or pulse rifles. Also I think the slow firing rate bothers me.

I have Red Death (exotic pulse rifle), and Mida Multi-tool (exotic scout) but I use Shadow Price (legendary AR) the most. Suros Regime is the one I want as well. Rumor is that Bungie is gonna patch Destiny because it's too over-powered, though.

I also like hand cannons because they're incredibly powerful and do the most damage per shot for primary weapons. A legendary/exotic hand cannon and Suros Regime are the two weapons that I really want right now. An exotic rocket launcher would be nice, but I'm pretty happy with the one I have (forget the name, but it does plenty of damage and holds 3 per clip after upgrades).

I'm probably about to shell out for Shadow Price myself. I too love AR's and Hand Cannons are my second fave if I have one, I carried a hand cannon for a bit in the early levels. But once again, I'm worried about sinking resources (150 marks) into something. In this case because Bungie is supposed to nerf them. I think AR's are only overpowered in PVP, so I dont know if they're gonna nerf them in PVE too (not sure it'd be possible to seperate the two). I imagine so, and I also suspect they'll overcompensate too far the other direction. So I'm gonna hate if I buy Shadow Price and it's nerfed a week later.

And yeah some guy on reddit did some rudimentary testing and concluded AR's are like 25% DPS above other weapons (I think he did his testing in PVP though as I noted). Sure the impact is often lower, but you combine that with a high rate of fire and they pump out more damage per second. Nice to see my favorite weapon all along be verified as the best :)

And I have no exotic weapons :( although I did get an exotic bounty and turned it down (PVP requirements).

I dont have a rocket launcher I've been using this beast legendary heavy machine gun for ages. People seem to like the Rocket Launchers so I kinda wanna test one.

Man the weekly strike at level 26 is a bear. Even for 3 people, forget soloing it. It pretty much was last week too.

Oh well got my 6 coins out of it.

I feel good that I'll finally be able to move forward and commit some shards and level up after I see what Xur is selling in 20 hours!

the weekly strike can be done rather quick if you skip non-essential enemies and kill the boss by standing in certain area (hill and ramp).

To skip enemies:
1 friend are a hunter with invisibility spell. He skip most enemies until reach midboss 1, then other teammate go orbit and rejoin.
do the same for midboss 2
then do the same for final boss.

But what level did you play it on? On 26 it's pretty rough. I cant imagine 28.

And it's normal to skip enemies, but I'm just talking about those 2 sections you have no choice but to fight. Specifically the Archon Priest and all his Ads (?).

Maybe there's a way to cheese the Archon Priest that I dont know of? I haven't looked at IGN/etc's usual "beat this week's strike easily!" video. Which usually imo tend to be kind of worthless and gloss over the difficulty.

Also maybe we just got unlucky 3-4 times and so I think it's very difficult, whereas had we got by first attempt I wouldn't have.

Maybe there's a way to cheese the Archon Priest that I dont know of? I haven't looked at IGN/etc's usual "beat this week's strike easily!" video. Which usually imo tend to be kind of worthless and gloss over the difficulty.

There is a platform near the mountain on the right of the screen. There is one location you can crawl under the platform. If you crawl all the way to the back, there is a dip where you can stand. The archon will run up there and try to shoot you, but not be able too because of the platform. You and your team can just sit there and kill him with little or no concern for adds / damage. If you do get damaged, just duck and wait for your shield to come back.

There is also a ledge in the back of the room where you can hide and snipe him down. There is a little inlet that funnels mobs to you so they can't overwhelm you. There is also a place you can duck behind if you get hit.

Finally, you can stay in the entrance where you come in at. When you get hit, you can jump up the shelf that you drop off of to get into the fight. Nothing will come back that far and unlike Phogoth - nothing spawns to stop you from doing this.

Depending on your level though, you shouldn't need any of these until nightfall.

I need to get some friends that live in my timezone that I can play VoG with..... Just did the nightfall today and only thing left for the week is bounties. And I do not really play PvP since I am so bad at it and well :)

There is a platform near the mountain on the right of the screen. There is one location you can crawl under the platform. If you crawl all the way to the back, there is a dip where you can stand. The archon will run up there and try to shoot you, but not be able too because of the platform. You and your team can just sit there and kill him with little or no concern for adds / damage. If you do get damaged, just duck and wait for your shield to come back.

There is also a ledge in the back of the room where you can hide and snipe him down. There is a little inlet that funnels mobs to you so they can't overwhelm you. There is also a place you can duck behind if you get hit.

Finally, you can stay in the entrance where you come in at. When you get hit, you can jump up the shelf that you drop off of to get into the fight. Nothing will come back that far and unlike Phogoth - nothing spawns to stop you from doing this.

Depending on your level though, you shouldn't need any of these until nightfall.

Yeah I saw IGN's weekly strike walkthrough video now. Which is just them stealing stuff from the "community", as they themselves admit :p

I'm kinda of multiple minds about the cheesing. In a way it kind of ruins the strikes but OTOH I end up using them. They're often incredibly hard without it, and still pretty hard with. I played Archon Priest a few times last night with groups, and none of them seemed to know these cheese spots (nor did I at the time) so we played straight up. And it was pretty difficult. But I guess it's interesting (and good imo) the cheese spots have not filtered 100% through the "community".

BTW I've mentioned soloing mostly, sometimes in the tower I'll get a random fireteam invite, but in the past when/if I accept it's been nothing much or people playing levels what I dont care too. But last night I got two and they were doing level 26 weekly strike both times, which I needed. And they even explained to me how to invite randoms in the tower and such which I didn't know how to do.

Anyways I just find it interesting people using the imo excellent Xbox communication features to get around Bungie's lack of in many cases (although it's kinda Bungie's framework in Tower).

Do people get lots of random tower fireteam invites on PS4?

Do people get lots of random tower fireteam invites on PS4?

I can honestly say I've never gotten an invite from someone who wasn't in my clan or who was doing the same thing. To the point where I learned to solo all of the weekly content (including the 28 weekly heroic and the nightfall). It made me a better player, but it did frustrate me a lot.

Since joining an active clan, I generally have between 10 and 20 people online to do stuff with. That helps. I still generally solo the nightfall and heroic for practice (thats how I learned all of the cheat spots - I found them and then watched the video later), but I do the raid with friends now.

Honestly, people talk about story and grinding - but the single weakest part of Destiny is the social aspect. If Bungie can't fix that, this game will not have legs.

Oh. Well on Xbox One at least semi regularly if you're in the tower you'll probably get a popup from a random saying so and so wants you to join their party/fireteam/however it's worded.

The thing is though, of the few times I dont just ignore cus I'm busy, one time it was some mouthbreather (no offense to him lol) who was just puttering around on Earth. I dont need somebody to chat with just to do that.

But as I said, the other night it came in handy.

And I learned how to do it, either you press in the right stick while looking at someone up close and then press view I think, you'll get some options, and i think you can just press view and get a roster of everybody in the tower to do it from their.

However, I guess it will never work for VoG since I think it's friends only.

I need to join a clan sounds like! Do they have them just for PVE and raid/strike partners? Cus that's all I want...clan usually denotes PVP.

I really dont mind/prefer soloing most of the time. It's just the hardest strikes and of course the VoG, which I have not attempted yet but am very close to, that teammates would be nice for (required for VoG of course).

i have never completed VoG although i have participated in it.

if anybody want to do it, post your schedule in GMT :)

EDIT:
btw where can i find W/L ratio and battle history?

i want to make some kind of chart to visualize how broken the matchmaking is.

Back