Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

If you buy any of the defensive upgrades for your legendary armour it will increase the light stat by 2. So if you get stuff like extra ammo, it won't increase, but the defensive stat upgrades will. That's how you can your items and level up. Now I just need to pick an exotic armour piece and then I'll know which items I want to upgrade. Should get 26 easily.

Just got my exotic bounty. They pretty much all include a PvP component, which I have absolutely no interest in doing. Kind of shitty that it's a requirement.

If you buy any of the defensive upgrades for your legendary armour it will increase the light stat by 2. So if you get stuff like extra ammo, it won't increase, but the defensive stat upgrades will. That's how you can your items and level up. Now I just need to pick an exotic armour piece and then I'll know which items I want to upgrade. Should get 26 easily.
I currently have no exotic armor for my Warlock. I have enough strange coin and motes of light to hopefully get one next weekend from xur (wasted my motes of light on exotic Hunter armor). Funny I've found better gear for my Hunter class already (legendary gauntlet armor and helmet, and exotic chest armor). I currently only have legendary chest armor, gauntlet armor and still have a blue helmet and leg armor.

Shitty thing about leveling legendary (and exotic?) armor is that you need ascendant shards and they're almost impossible to find. As I said a few posts back, it took me forever to finally find enough to upgrade my armor that finally boosted me to 26. I'm hoping an exotic armor piece and maybe another legendary to replace one of my blue armor pieces will boost me to 27, otherwise I'll be stuck at 26 for a while if I have to find more ascendant shards.

Just got my exotic bounty. They pretty much all include a PvP component, which I have absolutely no interest in doing. Kind of shitty that it's a requirement.
That's dumb. They should have choices for both PVE and PVP. I just randomly chose one and I just had to beat 5 strike missions without dying.

I finally reached level 20, but I admit I'm clueless to all the various forms of currency. Orbs, strange coins, vanguard marks, etc. it is all gibberish to me. I'm not sure why they made the game so convoluted. My gear is all green and blue.

I really like that about the game. As I said I think it would be boring if it was just "get more XP to level up" all the way to level 29. Instead they throw you for a loop at 20.

Anyways I've fairly grasped most of it. There's some good summation posts in this thread.

I currently have no exotic armor for my Warlock. I have enough strange coin and motes of light to hopefully get one next weekend from xur (wasted my motes of light on exotic Hunter armor). Funny I've found better gear for my Hunter class already (legendary gauntlet armor and helmet, and exotic chest armor). I currently only have legendary chest armor, gauntlet armor and still have a blue helmet and leg armor.

Shitty thing about leveling legendary (and exotic?) armor is that you need ascendant shards and they're almost impossible to find. As I said a few posts back, it took me forever to finally find enough to upgrade my armor that finally boosted me to 26. I'm hoping an exotic armor piece and maybe another legendary to replace one of my blue armor pieces will boost me to 27, otherwise I'll be stuck at 26 for a while if I have to find more ascendant shards.

That's dumb. They should have choices for both PVE and PVP. I just randomly chose one and I just had to beat 5 strike missions without dying.

If you get legendary items for the wrong class you can dismantle them and get ascendant shards, I believe. I'll never play a second class so I'll probably do that. I'll end up getting more drops for the other classes as I play anyway. The sad thing is, I have a full set of Titan armour including an exotic chest piece in my bank. I could build a pretty awesome Titan, but I'm sticking with Warlock since I have both the voidwalker and sunsinger ranked all the way up.

I have enough coins to buy an exotic piece, depending on what the vendor has. Will probably take me a while to get all the motes of light that I need for another exotic engram. I think I'm about half way.

This is what you have to do for your exotic bounty based on the description you gave:

http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/A_Dubious_Task

Talk to Ikora Rey to obtain A request from Ikora Rey Part I.
Complete a total of 5 strikes without dying to obtain A request from Ikora Rey - Completed.
Return to Ikora Rey to obtain A request from Ikora Rey Part II.
Earn a Kills/Death spread of 25 in the Crucible to obtain A request from Ikora Rey II - Completed.
Return to Ikora Rey to obtain A request from Ikora Rey Part III.
Complete a weekly challenge mission to obtain A Clot of Darkness.
Return to Ikora Rey to obtain Invective [Uncharged].
Purchase an Invective component from the Gunsmith for 50 special weapon ammo packs to obtain Invective [Charged].
Return to Ikora Rey to finally obtain Invective.

A kill death spread of 25 in the crucible ... not exactly sure what that means. 25 more kills than deaths? In a single match would be impossible, so it must mean overall, which isn't too horrible if you're capable of being K/D positive.

5 strikes without dying is also easy. Just play the Earth strike on the base/easy difficulty.

I think your reward for that is an exotic shotgun. Full auto shotgun that regenerates ammo. http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Invective

If you get legendary items for the wrong class you can dismantle them and get ascendant shards, I believe. I'll never play a second class so I'll probably do that. I'll end up getting more drops for the other classes as I play anyway. The sad thing is, I have a full set of Titan armour including an exotic chest piece in my bank. I could build a pretty awesome Titan, but I'm sticking with Warlock since I have both the voidwalker and sunsinger ranked all the way up.

Yes I dismanteled a legendary weapon and got two of those shards. Ingame I just got one and that was very early , I think @ the first strike.

Dismantling legendary weapons = Ascendant Engergy
Dismantling legendary armors = Ascendant Shards [2-3 of them]

BTW, Queen bounties have arrived, she does not offer much, but she can unlock a special bounty mission with "Epic" rating that gives good Legendary Armor
http://i.imgur.com/boV8xup.jpg

Should I join any cult? what will that beget me? and it seems thats only for PVP, or am I wrong?

Yah, as far as I can tell the factions only exist for PvP. You buy one of their class items, and then play in the crucible wearing that item and you'll earn reputation for that faction. Getting your rank up high enough will allow you to buy legendary items from that faction vendor. So pick and choose based on the items you want.

If you get legendary items for the wrong class you can dismantle them and get ascendant shards, I believe. I'll never play a second class so I'll probably do that.

Yeah, it'll be enough of a time sink trying to get one character to upper echelons for me. Besides, Destiny classes dont differ that much, they all shoot the same guns.

Yah, as far as I can tell the factions only exist for PvP. You buy one of their class items, and then play in the crucible wearing that item and you'll earn reputation for that faction. Getting your rank up high enough will allow you to buy legendary items from that faction vendor. So pick and choose based on the items you want.

But is it better or worse than Vanguard? What's the point? Everybody says only choose a faction for PVP, but what is the point of it?
A kill death spread of 25 in the crucible ... not exactly sure what that means.

This would be impossible for me. Most crucible matches I'll have 4 kills and 15 deaths or something. Sucky design to make this off limits to all non-pvpers.

I think your reward for that is an exotic shotgun. Full auto shotgun that regenerates ammo

But at least the reward is not something to be jealous of. I rarely see a reason to bust out a shotgun in this game. They're underpowered imo. At least my play style in any shooting game tends to be sniper>shotgun.

But is it better or worse than Vanguard? What's the point? Everybody says only choose a faction for PVP, but what is the point of it?

I think the only point is to gain reputation with that faction to gain access to their store items. As far as I can tell there is no other purpose.

I have finished it but I also not sure how I'm able to finish it. And I'm sure I never able to have a gap of 25 kills death ratio.

I have finished it but I also not sure how I'm able to finish it. And I'm sure I never able to have a gap of 25 kills death ratio.

Buddy of mine got that one last night as part of an exotic bounty. 25 kill spread in crucible, going through 3 heroic strikes without dying and collecting something were the tasks. Stuff like that makes me face palm so hard. It is like they are ignoring everything Blizzard has learned about MMOs in the past 10 years. I get they want to make the game challenging but there is a difference between the challenge of playing Halo on Legendary and the challenge of getting Gladiator in arena for WoW (top 1.5% of all arena players). I get giving special awards for players that can achieve top scores in PvP but having some random bounty requiring you to do it is just dumb.

I'm sticking with Vanguard because PvP does not interest me.

Bungie has gone out of their way to make this inconvenient if not impossible. For example, if you want to main hand a revolver, you will have to get Vanguard to level 3 (for the chest), Dead orbit to level 2 (for the boots), and one other to level 2 for the gloves (can't remember who). Helmet you can likely get from any of them because I think it is all about grenades and attack speed. You should probably pick one of them once you get Vanguard to level 3 and get it to 2, at least to help you get the right mods on your armor.

Mini-rant incoming (spoiler tags only for those who don't want to read, no actually spoilers):

I don't really like PVP. I don't like how it makes me behave / react. I am just not all that good at it and I get frustrated when things like latency and who has more people running in a pack matter more than strategy and properly placed shots. Yet every time I'm turning around Bungie is forcing me back into it. I seriously almost quit last night when I tried to finish the task for Thorn from the legendary bounty. It requires you to get 500 points from the crucible. You get 5 points for a kill with void damage. You get -2 points for any death.

So I can't kill things with my mainhand - it is kinetic. I don't think you can actually get void damage from a main hand. I can't kill things with my special - I don't have a void damage special and couldn't find one last night. I can't kill things with my heavy. I do have 1 void damage rocket laucher, but ammo is either incredibly expensive buying cartridges or limited to 2 times a match. I have to basically use my fist, grenade, or special (thank goodness I'm a warlock or I wouldn't even have these).

I managed to work my way up to 22 out of 500 points over 3 games (averaging about a 1.0 K/D ratio). Then I got into a game where the opposing team had 6 players and we had due to drops. The opposing 6 were all much better than anyone on my team. Before I could blink, I was back to 0 points again, and I had a 1.0 K/D ratio which is pretty good considering the odds. So my progress goes back to zero because Bungie wanted to be a bunch of sadistic assholes and force me to PVP if I wanted their weapon.

I finally quit and went and stood outside the cave of treasures for an hour. That at least felt like progress. Last night was absolutely horrible from my perspective. I had enjoyed the game until then. But I've seriously considered stopping playing entirely because of how things went. There was nothing fun about it, and if Bungie's idea of fun is to force anyone/everyone into PVP to do anything, I want no part of it.

I've stopped playing Destiny. I find the reward loop broken.
As soon as you have blue items all at level 20, progress stop and get really slow.
For a while I didn't find any legendaries, and when I got them, I've found out that you need a huge quantity of materials to upgrade them. Farming materials is a waste of time. I've done the cave for a few hours and thought to myself, what the hell am i doing here ?
You can do a limited number of bounties per session. There is no matchmaking for raids and heroic strikes. The loading times are aggravating. The social mechanics are inexistent, yet you are expected for do clans and play in groups. And everybody hates the cryptarch.
The shooting is very nice though.

Well, if yu are playing alone, it's harder to maintain focus to play more. But with few friends helping each other out, you can start accumulating gear quicker [vanguard purchase, drops, guaranteed drops at the end of strike playlist, potmaster drops at vanguard/criptarch level up...]. A lot of gear also gets dropped in MP, but I don't play that...

What new content? Does bungie finally unlock the reef area for free?

Queens bounty? I guess it's not really new content but new vendor. You still do the same quests as before and you are given different missions for legendaries now.

I think real new content is DLC only.

Back