Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

Just started farming now. Oh goodness. But it's funny seeing the firing squad outside the cave.

Same here, I hadn't yet seen the farming video posted here but found two guys just shooting at the cave and joined in :D ! it was damn funny to see people kneeling down there and just shooting, also we did two public events, whihc were actually fun. All hell broke lose in the second one actually, it was as if the game sent everyone to break us down :p ! it was awesome !

Last edited by a moderator:
Loot farming was very generous for me tonight. Got 4 legendary engrams in like 45min total of farming. Found some nice legendary armor (but again, wrong class) and some weapons. There were huge battles between high level hive and fallen at the skywatch loot farming spot (no it wasn't the usual public event that spawns here). Enemies just kept spawning for like 5-7min straight. Actually made farming interesting. Also found some ascendant shards so that I could finally upgrade my armor... boosted me to lvl 26 finally.

Loot farming was very generous for me tonight. Got 4 legendary engrams in like 45min total of farming. Found some nice legendary armor (but again, wrong class) and some weapons. There were huge battles between high level hive and fallen at the skywatch loot farming spot (no it wasn't the usual public event that spawns here). Enemies just kept spawning for like 5-7min straight. Actually made farming interesting. Also found some ascendant shards so that I could finally upgrade my armor... boosted me to lvl 26 finally.

Yah, you'll see text pop up that says something like, "The enemies are advancing on each other," and then there's just an overwhelming number of enemies. It's actually really fun. I hope the raid has enemy counts like that.

Having bad luck with drops. I'm kind of annoyed, to be honest. The raid is really what I want to do, but getting my level to 26 is a huge pain in the ass. I see guys with legendaries that have 24+ light and the only way to get it is to put insane hours in. Seems like the strikes don't give good rewards often enough. Why don't the bosses drop loot? Unfortunately you're better off farming that stupid cave if you want to get equipped for the raid.

Yah, you'll see text pop up that says something like, "The enemies are advancing on each other," and then there's just an overwhelming number of enemies. It's actually really fun. I hope the raid has enemy counts like that.

Having bad luck with drops. I'm kind of annoyed, to be honest. The raid is really what I want to do, but getting my level to 26 is a huge pain in the ass. I see guys with legendaries that have 24+ light and the only way to get it is to put insane hours in. Seems like the strikes don't give good rewards often enough. Why don't the bosses drop loot? Unfortunately you're better off farming that stupid cave if you want to get equipped for the raid.
Yeah, I think the reward system should be weighted towards higher level/difficulty missions and boss battles should drop more quality loot. Right now it's totally random, and you're better off farming.
Farmed for 3 hours no legendaries :(
It could just be my luck. But I find that if you're not getting any good loot after ~15-20min, then you're probably not gonna find anything good. If I'm finding a lot of encrypted blue engrams, I'll keep going, because at least it's a good way of leveling up the cryptarch. If I'm not finding anything after a few minutes, I'll quit. I never farm for more than ~30-60min at a time (but I might do it longer once the vanguard mark counter resets on Tuesday).

Also, fyi, if you have a lot of spinmetal, you can trade them to the crucible/vanguard quartermaster for crucible/vanguard marks. Exchange rate is apparently really bad...something like 50 for 5 marks. You apparently need spinmetal to upgrade certain things, but they're pretty easy to find.

Wow so sad and boring posts...sounds like a bunch of guys going through a mid life crisis of trying to catch up with what they've missed since the days of Dreamcast...:LOL:

The speed of gearing up is part of the lifespan of the end game. If players get gear to easy to fast the game ends faster. It's basically a variable that can and will be used to control the contents lifespan.

Farmed for 3 hours no legendaries :(

cryptarchontwitterwha3ixgc.jpg

I saw some guy on GAF say to another, "see there's your mistake, you're farming for engrams when you should be farming marks" or something like that.

Maybe the stuff you can buy with marks is better/can be achieved faster than what drops from enemies?

Can the guys who grind there on the Earth location give an idea about their stats?

lv22, Warlock, use rare Pulse/Fusion/MachineGun, no legendaries, played through normal strikes but not the advanced StrikeList yet, no Raid, no Crucible. Looting at the Skywatch gave a few blue anagrams but mostly green. Cryptarch is lv4 afair without checking though

Are the looting objects depending on your stats/equipment somehow? It "seems" that the random guys I've looted at the area on Earth use Scout Rifles mostly and I sometimes see a blue one pop up on their shot's impact but rarely I see any on mine(network latency?)

Mobs of all levels drop items at the same rate.

I reccomend you to start grindind bounties and marks, because that will guarantee you access to high level gear.

When you up your vanguard level to lvl2 you will gain access to vanguard armors, and when you get to lvl3 you can purchase weapons. All purchases are done via Marks. You can get them via Public events [4], daily challenge missions [5], strike playlist [2-8, depending on dif], and by selling materials. 50 of any material will give you 4 or 5 marks. For each level of chriptarch [after 4th i guess] and vanguard [after 3rd] you will get postmaster message that will give you at least one legendary item/engram. For each 1st public event with gold rating per day, you will also get reward with postmaster.

If you play weekly challeneges, you will get Strange Coins, you can use them to buy exotic gear from strange vendor [13coins for armor piece, 20+ for weapons].

If you play at least a little each day, you will be able to solve bounties and earn few marks, easily filling up weekly quota [100 marks], which will guarantee you some good gear. If you have all purple armor pieces, you can easily upgrade them to be lvl27.

I will describe best grinding places later.

I finally reached level 20, but I admit I'm clueless to all the various forms of currency. Orbs, strange coins, vanguard marks, etc. it is all gibberish to me. I'm not sure why they made the game so convoluted. My gear is all green and blue.

I saw some guy on GAF say to another, "see there's your mistake, you're farming for engrams when you should be farming marks" or something like that.

Maybe the stuff you can buy with marks is better/can be achieved faster than what drops from enemies?

The thing is, all the legendary items the vanguard vendors sell have 18 light. If you want to get armour drops with higher light stats, you can't buy them. As for guns, yah, you can probably buy a lot of good weapons, which is why I'm trying to max my marks for the week. Last week I maxed my marks out and after that all you can really do is grind.

I'd like to add, I'm really not a fan of mmo grinding. I understand why they do it, I just think it's shitty. The first raid is just outside my reach right now. I need level 26 and I need a few more legendary items, at least. As far as I know, the damage scaling based on level will prevent you from being able to complete the raid at anything less than level 26.

They really need to add a level 26 strike playlist and make sure the bosses actually drop something, even if it ends up being something for a different class, or something that's not as good as what you have.

just watched angry joe destiny review. Lol he is so angry, and i cant refute anything he said...

@scott
but if you did not grind, how to get the equipments and stuff and money? grinding give a lot of things in shorter time.

EDIT:
is the spawn button in Crucible is tied to lag? or the button is pressure sensitive?
its seems need to be pushed very hard, hurting my thumb, to spawn.

EDIT2:
is the random loot and random cryptarch tied to lag? maybe we can "trick it" using lag-switch? <-- this is already used by some players in crucible (you cant damage him at all, but he will suddenly die a while later by your attack. and in the mean time, he can kill peoples. but it will register later, when he die) and i cant scream LAG SWITCH CHEATER! due to the "voice limited to team" ...

Listening to Angry Joe's review. His commentary about the story and delivery is pretty much spot on, even though I hate him for being the worst stereotype of a gamer. He's very hard to listen to. If he could do a 30 minute review with the same content but without whining like a baby, he could be one of the better reviewers around, even if you don't always agree with him.

Edit:
He's also right about loot grinding. Except for the raging about it part.

Edit:
I also love his ranting about how design decisions are influenced by corporate interests. What a dumbass. He's so deslusional that he doesn't even realize that gaming, as an industry is and always has been a corporate culture designed to fleece you out of your money. Gaming is pretty much the most hardcore consumer culture I can think of, even worse than people lining up to buy iPhones. The entire culture of gaming is built around people lining up to listen to extend sales pitches years before products are even released.

And there's a whole of 'game journalism' parroting PR/ads.

That's why I love b3d. New trailer or screenshot released? People here talk and analyze it. Not just take it for granted

IMHO he only tried to make sense out of the incoherent story and weird discrepancy between past Destiny footage(+infos) and the end product. I have my doubts that can really explain what happened with that game's awful design decisions.

Back