Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

People need to chill and not get so emotionally invested. It's ok if people don't like what was presented to them during the alpha/beta.

The problem is how similar the zones are. We played quite a bit of old Russia and its all the same . So if we do get 3 or 4 planets if all of the zones in each planet are extremely similar then its just a waste.

When I first played the beta it seemed like the zones in the Old Russia map were all similar, but that was until I noticed that Old Russia is just one HUGE map & the mission selections from orbit are just teleporting you to different places of the same map. You also have to understand that there's a lot of the map that doesn't clue you into the large amount of areas that are indoors & underground. The moon map I got to play for the 2 hours was massive underground. And from the listing on Destiny Wiki it looks like Earth will have a variety of different kinds of zones too(Chicago, Mumbai & Europe). I think the idea that there will be little content & variety is a little blown out of proportion. Can't wait to check out the Moon, Venus & Mars.

BTW, liked the live action trailer. Got me a little excited.

Tommy McClain

I played the beta and have mixed feelings about the game. Old Russia felt repetitive because the environments seem to be "tiled"...ie repeating "blocks of areas". Indoors seem to be better. Of course this is the beta so who knows if they'll add more variety later. I've also canceled my pre-order.

Live action trailer, from Joe Kozinski of Tron Legacy and Oblivion fame:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZyQK6kUdWQ

Wow that video is just embarrassing on almost every level. If you told me this was ‘just for fun’ amateur fan video I’d believe you. Compare that video to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMYrKTU8Hmc

or this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rxUOdpAliE

or this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rridXskgWg

The tone in the Halo ads is obviously way different but even if you shift to the lighthearted fun vibe they are trying to go for in the Destiny ad it doesn’t excuse the flat shots, poorly timed CG cut ins, soap opera lighting and awful dialogue ( I half expected some teenagers run by the guardians at the end yelling “SPRING BREAK NO REGRETS! YOLO!”).

Digital versions of Destiny on Xbox 360 & PS3 can upgrade to their next-gen counterparts for free for a limited time(January 15, 2015)...

http://www.destinythegame.com/digital-upgrade

Includes DLC too.

Can't cross upgrade from PS3 to XB1 or 360 to PS4.

Guess I might buy the digital versions then, but hopefully you can upgrade to the next-gen version without having the console since I don't think I'll have a XB1 before January 15.

Tommy McClain

Alright, now this might be enough to entice me to pick up the game --

Buy digital version of Destiny for PS3/Xbox 360, get free digital copy for PS4/Xbox One

XBOX

Q. When I buy/redeem the Destiny Digital Base Game or Expansion Pass for Xbox 360, how do I get the free Xbox One version?

When you buy/redeem the Destiny Digital Base Game or Expansion Pass for Xbox 360 on or before January 15th, 2015, you can download the Xbox One copy from the Xbox Store for free by doing the following:

Log into your Xbox One using the same Microsoft Account (Xbox Live Account) used to buy/redeem the Destiny Digital Base Game or Expansion Pass on Xbox 360.
Navigate to the digital content’s location in the Xbox Store.
Add the item to your download queue and wait for the download to complete.

Expansion Pass content (which includes Expansions I and II) will only be available for full download once released.

Q. When I download the free Destiny Digital Base Game for Xbox One, will I still be able to play it on Xbox 360?

Yes. Your Microsoft Account (Xbox Live Account) will retain licenses for both consoles.

PlayStation

Q. When I buy/redeem the Destiny Digital Base Game, Digital Guardian Edition, or Expansion Pass for PlayStation®3, how do I get the free PlayStation®4 version?

When you buy/redeem the Destiny Digital Base Game, Digital Guardian Edition, or Expansion Pass on or before January 15th, 2015, you can download the Playstation®4 version from the PlayStation®Store for free by doing the following:

Log into your PlayStation®4 using the same Sony Entertainment Network Account (PSN ID) used to buy/redeem the Destiny digital content on PlayStation®3.
Navigate to the Destiny content page or search for the corresponding item you purchased previously on PlayStation®3.
Add the item to your cart and complete the transaction.
Wait for the download to complete.

Expansion Pass content (which includes Expansions I and II) will only be available for full download once released.

Q. When I download the free PlayStation®4 version(s), will I still be able to play it on PlayStation®3?

Yes. Your Sony Entertainment Network Account (PSN ID) will retain licenses for both consoles.

Alright, now this might be enough to entice me to pick up the game --

Buy digital version of Destiny for PS3/Xbox 360, get free digital copy for PS4/Xbox One

XBOX

Q. When I buy/redeem the Destiny Digital Base Game or Expansion Pass for Xbox 360, how do I get the free Xbox One version?

When you buy/redeem the Destiny Digital Base Game or Expansion Pass for Xbox 360 on or before January 15th, 2015, you can download the Xbox One copy from the Xbox Store for free by doing the following:

Log into your Xbox One using the same Microsoft Account (Xbox Live Account) used to buy/redeem the Destiny Digital Base Game or Expansion Pass on Xbox 360.
Navigate to the digital content’s location in the Xbox Store.
Add the item to your download queue and wait for the download to complete.

Q. When I download the free Destiny Digital Base Game for Xbox One, will I still be able to play it on Xbox 360?

Yes. Your Microsoft Account (Xbox Live Account) will retain licenses for both consoles.

PlayStation

Q. When I buy/redeem the Destiny Digital Base Game, Digital Guardian Edition, or Expansion Pass for PlayStation®3, how do I get the free PlayStation®4 version?

When you buy/redeem the Destiny Digital Base Game, Digital Guardian Edition, or Expansion Pass on or before January 15th, 2015, you can download the Playstation®4 version from the PlayStation®Store for free by doing the following:

Log into your PlayStation®4 using the same Sony Entertainment Network Account (PSN ID) used to buy/redeem the Destiny digital content on PlayStation®3.
Navigate to the Destiny content page or search for the corresponding item you purchased previously on PlayStation®3.
Add the item to your cart and complete the transaction.
Wait for the download to complete.

Q. When I download the free PlayStation®4 version(s), will I still be able to play it on PlayStation®3?

Yes. Your Sony Entertainment Network Account (PSN ID) will retain licenses for both consoles.

Is there any price difference? Just be aware that only one copy can be played, online drm.

When I first played the beta it seemed like the zones in the Old Russia map were all similar, but that was until I noticed that Old Russia is just one HUGE map & the mission selections from orbit are just teleporting you to different places of the same map. You also have to understand that there's a lot of the map that doesn't clue you into the large amount of areas that are indoors & underground. The moon map I got to play for the 2 hours was massive underground. And from the listing on Destiny Wiki it looks like Earth will have a variety of different kinds of zones too(Chicago, Mumbai & Europe). I think the idea that there will be little content & variety is a little blown out of proportion. Can't wait to check out the Moon, Venus & Mars.

BTW, liked the live action trailer. Got me a little excited.

Tommy McClain

are you sure the that variety isn't restricted to exclusive DLC? ;)

In all seriousness, I felt the beta was pretty decent as far as that goes but it was also clear to me that lots of the world were inaccessible. But maps aside the enemies had decent AI which I think will make the experience more enjoyable.

Additionally, post-Level 20, players will unlock the Heroic mode progressions for Daily Heroic Story Chapters and Weekly Heroic Strikes. For example, in the Weekly Heroic Strikes, there are three recommended Light Levels and the first one, 22, will feature two modifiers.

Q. Tell us more about these Heroic Strikes!

A weekly rotation of very challenging Heroic Strikes (and the pinnacle Nightfall Strike) use high-level enemies and global modifiers to create challenges that require skill, gear, and sometimes creative character builds to beat.

Someone was worried about the content ?
Just like Warframe, this game will never end.

More about End game content, Legendary gear etc at Source: http://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Weekly-Update---09052014/en/News/News?aid=12096

2 Days, 10 Hours, bout 20 minutes. I am trying to remember the last time I bothered to go to a midnight launch or was actually quite excited for a game and it was Halo 2. Long lines that trailed outside a mall, and the store was deep in the mall.

Size: Part of the concern is coming form the hype. When they stated 4 planets, 1 location per planet, that was after all the concept art had been shown and discussed. People were seeing a world the size of Skyrim or The Witcher 3. Those concerns remain even after lowered expectations in part because of the beta. I don't have a link, but I think it was the Bungie Community Manager who said that people who had flown past the "immune" enemies had pretty much seen all of Old Russia and the Moon that there was to see. You can find footage of this if you didn't make it that far yourself in the Beta. If you're expectations were a huge open world like GTA, Skyrim, Witcher, Red Dead Redemption, then I can understand being disappointed.

Shifty's problem with enemy respawning is something I not only personally have a problem with, but has also been mentioned by other commentators. Just in the time it takes to clear and area and check your loot the enemies can respawn. Personally I rather hate that. It's a near requirement for any shared world game. EVE managed not to have this as a problem. I guess Destiny is more like The Old Republic and less like EVE when it comes to instances. Throw in bounties, and I can distinctly remember watching footage from the Beta where a player was trying to fill a bounty and had to wait for the enemies to respawn since another player was present and had killed them all, and the design probably means they didn't have much choice.

I pre-ordered the PS4 Destiny bundle and I'm still nervous despite being quite excited. Strikes are played out on the existing map areas, or at least they were in the one Beta Strike. Raids may be separate areas, but the lack of matchmaking and the lack of traditional MMO communications tools are setting people on edge. The story and writing are taking a lot of flak and everyone is hoping Bungie is doing the usual and keeping a lid on it. There are plenty of legitimate concerns. Still wish time would move faster for the next 58 hours.

...until major meltdown of PSN/XBL when Destiny servers are turned on.

This is true. I pre-ordered the digital, so I have it preloaded. That will at least keep the store from crashing, maybe. But like all online games, I expect things to be rocky for the first week. If it's a Battlefield 4 catastrophe, I will not be happy.

This is true. I pre-ordered the digital, so I have it preloaded. That will at least keep the store from crashing, maybe. But like all online games, I expect things to be rocky for the first week. If it's a Battlefield 4 catastrophe, I will not be happy.

Yeah mine pre-loaded last night, while the xbox one was busy downloading Forza and preloading fifa 15 :)

70-75 GB

Back