Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

Man.. I didn't pass the thesis exam and now need to have a 'repair' session to resubmit. Hopefully I'll still be able to have coop session with you guys.

There's also problem with the game store that I pre order destiny ps4 white...

Man....

So let me ask you a question. A lot of people are concerned about the amount of content in the game.
So what do you think the overall % of the game the beta let you play ?
Now what if it turns out the beta was 50% or 70% of the content of the game ?
I stated during the beta that the gameplay was great but I was already bored of the same exact zones over and over again.
Delaying a review would of course hide the amount of content avalible in the game.
I'm a huge movie fan and anytime they hold back screenings for reviewers its a big red flag.
Like I said , we will know in a week or so

Yes i am concerned about the content, i do worry that whatever Bungie puts into the game will get chewed up pretty fast by the hunger of exploring. But i think that is how games like these work, the more fun, the faster the chew. When i started on WOW it took months to hit 60, i expect Destiny to take some time before i am out lvl'd and until i hit that lvl i am sure that some content will be locked. So there will be some grind involved, but it should all be fun.

If the beta was 50% then i am disapointed, i would set the beta at 10% tops, more like 5%, simply based on the very limited content that actually required Co-op.

People are crazy ! Some of the comments here are plain weird.

1 planet out of 4 =50-70% of total ?!?! WtF kind of math is that !?!!!

And with, they can keep adding new missions, strikes and raids all along. In fact, they have said Destiny will be updated everyday.
Ppl are looking for holes and finding none. Gnawing at walls.

We are gamers, someone is serving us a fun game....just play and have fun ! A cod with a 4 hour campaign and MP is a enough content while

4 such campaigns+ separate strike missions on each planet+MP+Raids+open level co-op+Hidden missions+Legendary loot+Gear to find+more missions via updates is not enough !?!!!!

These Romans are crazy :tap! Tap! Tap ! :yep2:

1 planet out of 4 =50-70% of total ?!?! WtF kind of math is that !?!!!

So you're assuming the other planets will be bigger than the spherical worlds of Ratchet and Clank? :runaway:

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner.

Now what if it turns out the beta was 50% or 70% of the content of the game ?

You think Bungie spent the last four years making an MMO like game that will take 2-3 hours to complete? I think you are emotionally invested in this, take a step back and stop with the FUD.

Co-op yes, crucible no.

I liked parts of it, but it didn't feel as polished as it should be. As I said previously the loading screens got old pretty damn fast -- warp out to your ship just to go to the city to trade in your quests to then warp back out to your ship just to warp out to a zone. FFS, just let me use quick travel or travel on the ground like Borderlands perfected years ago. The controller mouse cursor control scheme got old even quicker. Its like they did this stupid shit just to be different and don't care how it impacts the players.

My initial guess was that those who didn't like it were just playing single player or just playing multiplayer. I think Destiny is more targeted at those wanting a co-op campaign experience. I think it excels at that & it's why I'm buying it.

I will agree that having to go to orbrit to travel to the different maps seems unnecessary. Considering I hadn't that many games like the beta I didn't much preference. But now that I've played Borderlands I can see how I would prefer that model more.

I have similar feelings about the mouse cursor too, but neither of those issues are so bad that I won't buy & play the game. I think the little things will have been worked on by the time it releases or get better as the game progresses.

Tommy McClain

The impression I get is that they still use pc interface in beta but will release with console interface. Because they already understand console interface from halo games. It's weird if they suddenly can't design console interface

Yes Coop, no Crucible. One thing that really irks me is quickly respawning enemies. It kinda makes the job of shooting them pointless. That's an MMO meme that I dislike. Go to a place, clear a path, find it's closed in behind you. Sometimes Borderlands 20 minute respawn time can get annoying too, but it's overall better balanced.

I think generally I need a sense of goals and completion. Respawning enemies means you can never clear the area, which means can't ever satisfy the goal of 'shoot all the baddies/red dots'. We tried some DCUO the other day, looking for something new to play cooperatively online, and I didn't like it at all. Didn't understand how anyone could like it! Arrive in town, kill baddies, smash poison vents, they all appear back again! A never ending problem with no solution. The goal of these games feels like levelling up, and when I read MMO forums that seems to be how it's played. I don't like that game structure.

For me, I'd want a Borderlands like structure where you form a group of friends and play through a game. That can be open world or tunnel levels, but it needs to be us few, good men versus the world in our own discrete universe.

As for gunplay and stuff, to me it's all much of a muchness from game to game. Not being a shooter connoisseur, I can't tell much difference between one and the next other than gun speed. Tried a bit of Warhawk the other day and it was slow, had a huge dead-zone, and had aiming inertia it seems, so felt really different and uncomfortable. But KZ and Borderlands and Destiny are all the same thing otherwise.

The respawning enemies on Destiny did get annoying. And I'm finding just as bad, if not more, on my play through of Borderlands. I didn't start playing Borderlands until after the Destiny Beta though. I'll agree that you should be able to clear a level & it be cleared forever. That was one thing that I had to come to grips with on Borderlands. I wished the respawning was more subtle, but with most open-world/sandbox games you have to get used to it. Not sure why, but I didn't mind it so much on Red Dead Redemption. However on Dead Island it was tiresome too. Hopefully Destiny found a balance.

If Destiny didn't have co-op campaign I would have never bought it. There's no central hero or hero story to get excited about. So I'd rather have a Halo game for that instead.

I figure once Bungie decided to go the non-hero focus of the story this was the only game design that fit their goals. Which is interesting since I think they still could have had a central character built around co-op open-world/sandbox game. Red Dead Redemption pulled it off, but Bungie decided to go the same route that most other FPS open-world/sandbox did. Hopefully 343 can pull it off with Halo 5. If not maybe the next Red Dead will.

Tommy McClain

Personally I'm not worried about the content. I think some where expecting the other planets to be playable right out of the game, but it looks like Mercury is still in the cards, but maybe only for Crucible maps. Locations(moons, etc) outside of Mars are probably being withheld for right now. But I think they will open up as the game progresses. Remember this game will last 2 years before they continue on to a sequel. During that time multiple DLC packs will be released to give more life. This is a marathon not a sprint.

Tommy McClain

The impression I get is that they still use pc interface in beta but will release with console interface. Because they already understand console interface from halo games. It's weird if they suddenly can't design console interface
It's not a PC interface. It was designed with the consoles in mind, and despite initial concerns, a lot of people were pleasantly surprised while using it.

This thread has excellent discussion about the cursor. This post is pretty cool. Note that agdtinman shows up a few times in the thread, he's a UI artist at Bungie.

I cancelled my preorder. Didn't Bungie say they spend 500 million on the franchise, have 500 people working on it, and have been working on it for the last 7 years? I can't see any of that of in the beta or anything they have shown of Destiny. Old Russia was low on content, and if that was 1 of only 4 planets then Destiny is a small game. Not something I would spend 60 Euro on. Not when I can get a bigger game with frequent updates for free.

Personally I'm not worried about the content. I think some where expecting the other planets to be playable right out of the game, but it looks like Mercury is still in the cards, but maybe only for Crucible maps. Locations(moons, etc) outside of Mars are probably being withheld for right now. But I think they will open up as the game progresses. Remember this game will last 2 years before they continue on to a sequel. During that time multiple DLC packs will be released to give more life. This is a marathon not a sprint.

Tommy McClain

The problem is how similar the zones are. We played quite a bit of old Russia and its all the same . So if we do get 3 or 4 planets if all of the zones in each planet are extremely similar then its just a waste.

Consider me the second person who has not preordered and will not be picking up the game until it's heavily discounted. Earlier I already shared my feedback on the game as I was playing the beta and why it pales in comparison to other games.

I think you could consider AlZilla / AlNom as person number three.

Count me as a third.

I wasn't fond of the static respawns. Going from level 1 to 8 didn't seem like a journey through 40% of the level cap. Did the game have a damage counter, because I didn't feel a strong connection between my stats and what I was doing in the game? Because of that lack of connection, looting or leveling felt more tacked on then an integral part of the game.

That and I messed around and downloaded D3 (first D game for me), which kind of scratched the itch that Destiny seems to target.

Going from level 1 to 8 didn't seem like a journey through 40% of the level cap.
On this point, don't expect linear level progression, it's generally approximating a logarithmic scaling. I.e. level 1 takes 5 mins, level 2 takes 10 mins, level 3 takes 20 mins and so on.

In most RPGs and MMOs then you fly through the early levels, picking up skills and talents then after a while it begins to slow down as enemies become more of a challenge, fights become longer and tactics become more important.

I cancelled my preorder. Didn't Bungie say they spend 500 million on the franchise, have 500 people working on it, and have been working on it for the last 7 years?
Did they? If so, I didn't see any of that either. I expect that'd be a couple of completely scrapped ideas. It'd also be a crazy investment for a one-sale game rather than a subscription based title. Effectively even if one of the best selling games ever, it'd make very little profit.

Google - no, they didn't ;)

That $500m has grown into such a myth. :D Kotick mentioned that when he described Activision's investment into Destiny franchise. According to that leaked contract from IWvsActi case, Bungie signed for 3 big games and 3 expansions in between, around 10 years of work. Plans change, but still, Bungie has a lot of work in front of them and Acti is committed to fund those efforts.

Its funny , I voice my concerns and everyone says I'm the only one and imply that I never played it. Then out of the woodwork comes everyone that did play and felt that the game was lacking.

Playing the same maps over and over again in old Russia left a feeling of dread that all of the boards would be like old Russia. There is no variation in Old Russia on Planet Earth which is the most diverse of the planets in the solar system. So I belive we will get a lot of similar looking maps on the other planets .

Yes, everyone hated it. /s

I can count the people who have played it and didn't care for it in this thread on one hand.

We'll see how many people hate it when sales figures and reviews get released.

You seem to have an agenda to shit on this game every chance you get, when you clearly wanted to hate this game from the beginning. Do I even remember you saying that weren't going to post in this thread anymore and that you were done with this game? Or something along those lines anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back