Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

To me it looks like a less linear halo spinoff with level up and character customisation, i'm fine with it, i dont like MMORPGs.

polygon is reporting that they wont get a review copy till the day before launch. So glad I decided to skip this. The signs are pointing to it being a very shallow game

polygon is reporting that they wont get a review copy till the day before launch. So glad I decided to skip this. The signs are pointing to it being a very shallow game

Shallow how? It's a fps with plenty of classic multiplayer content. That would be enough to cover the basics.

On top of that, it has several lvling systems, classes, gear and content for coop play.

Shallow, how?

How can anyone call it shallow or short or small after playing the beta :oops: ?!?! Just one slice of the game had so much to do ! And just one mode of Crucible, with 2 maps , had me playing non stop.

Pfft...I see grumpy people making noises before Destiny enthralls its actual players !

The game is all gameplay, no fluff, no Masterchief, no sidekicks, betrayals or teary girls, as the world will have millions of heroes in there not a specific icon !hence the trailers' inability to convey the fun. I have not seen a single soul who has played the beta and not put in his money. Not in my knowledge :nope: !

I think I put in well over 40 hours on just the content the beta had. That was less than 1 planet (Earth, we didn't have all of Old Russia from what the little map said I don't think) out of 4, and only 2 Crucible modes were ever available (one was intermittent). I played each class, but only got the Hunter and Warlock to 8. I spent hours exploring the open areas we did have. With all that, I still feel like I missed things I wanted to do.

I think a lot of complaining is based on expectations that probably aren't realistic. I do not think Destiny will have the scope of a modern MMO (think FFXIV - A Realm Reborn or World of Warcraft). However, I think there will be plenty of stuff to do. I think the "shallow" comment tends to come from people who wanted World of Warcraft with Masterchief. I also don't think Destiny will revolutionize shooter gameplay. The game is fun. The mechanics are fun. But don't expect to feel like you've never played a game quite like it before. After all is said and done, it is still a shooter. Just one with a huge emphasis on multi-player.

That being said, I do think the lack of ability to communicate with people not in your fire team is a bit stupid. For a game with such an emphasis on multi-player, it just seems off. The only reason I don't complain more is that I can't think of a good solution to the problem. Open world channels would be abused to the point where they aren't useful, and most people won't have a keyboard. So until I can come up with a solution I think is workable, I don't know that I can complain.

I can honestly say that after the beta, there hasn't been a game I have been more excited about for a long time. I loved the beta. Even if I only get another 40 hours out of the retail game, it will make it worth it for me. I bet I will get a lot more though.

people keep talking about gameplay, exploration, multiplayer ...

what about the story content? theres a guy write article on gameinformar (or polygon?) about how shallow the story is. i hope this wont be the next Titanfall (story are just background noise, not the one pushing/pulling player to make progress)

but i guess i will know when i play it this month :D

Me. Found the Beta bland and 'by the numbers' as I think I said at the time. :yep2: Different stroks for different folks, though.
Oh c'mon ! You are just woebegone cos your Bitch here left you because of Destiny :p !
You are worried these forums will get deserted once Destiny launches, with everyone busy playing. C'mon Mr.Lone-y Pony, Look on the bright side , now u can play Destiny in peace maybe even find her again in a public event !

;P

people keep talking about gameplay, exploration, multiplayer ...

what about the story content? theres a guy write article on gameinformar (or polygon?) about how shallow the story is. i hope this wont be the next Titanfall (story are just background noise, not the one pushing/pulling player to make progress)

but i guess i will know when i play it this month :D
There cannot be a compelling story in such a game, where everyone has a diff character. Its all about the anonymous heroes, millions of them. Don't expect relationships, betrayals, twists, etc.
At least, that's how I see it. Its the Warframe /Diablo kind of focus here.

Oh c'mon ! You are just woebegone cos your Bitch here left you because of Destiny :p !
You are worried these forums will get deserted once Destiny launches, with everyone busy playing. C'mon Mr.Lone-y Pony, Look on the bright side , now u can play Destiny in peace maybe even find her again in a public event !

;P

Never!! I left him for much better reasons!!

yikes, i think i missed the point of Destiny. i though it was Halo with more Co-Op option >_<

it sounds like halo, looks like halo, play likes halo (from the gameplay videos), have virtual companion like halo (now a cube instead of a girl), full of new term that sounds like halo.

so i was expecting i can play together to enjoy story like on halo coop but in bigger scale and more freedom.

Shallow how? It's a fps with plenty of classic multiplayer content. That would be enough to cover the basics.

On top of that, it has several lvling systems, classes, gear and content for coop play.

Shallow, how?

How can anyone call it shallow or short or small after playing the beta :oops: ?!?! Just one slice of the game had so much to do ! And just one mode of Crucible, with 2 maps , had me playing non stop.

Pfft...I see grumpy people making noises before Destiny enthralls its actual players !

The game is all gameplay, no fluff, no Masterchief, no sidekicks, betrayals or teary girls, as the world will have millions of heroes in there not a specific icon !hence the trailers' inability to convey the fun. I have not seen a single soul who has played the beta and not put in his money. Not in my knowledge :nope: !

None of that really matters if your playing the same zones over and over again.

In movies and games when one holds review copies till the last moment it means they are expecting poor reviews.

In movies and games when one holds review copies till the last moment it means they are expecting poor reviews.

Bungie let just about everyone into their beta. There was no NDA, and I think just about everyone who wanted to "review" the game could.

I think they clarified that the reviewers would actually get copies this week by the way. They were just not bringing the servers online until Monday. I would bet this is more so they can hold special events for the reviewers and to ensure at least a baseline population level rather than them trying to hold out because they expect poor reviews.

If they really expected poor reviews, they wouldn't have been so open with the beta. That was a far riskier move marketing wise then opening the game up to reviewers a few days early would have been.

How does one review a movie only seeing the first 5 minutes of it ?

So how would one make a review based on what we hope is limited content . Because if the beta had the bulk of the content avalible it will be a very short and boring game.

Back